shape
carat
color
clarity

A Tale of Two OMCs - My Moi et Toi by DK

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
@Tonks, @FlashyFlamingo, @caolsen, @Acinom, @caolsen, @GlitterInMyHair, @Sparkles88, @D&T, @Luvallgems, @GearGirly, @Alex T, @PreRaphaelite, @MissGotRocks, @meely, @yssie, @KristyDarling

Thanks one and all for taking the time to post your gracious comments. I hope I didn’t miss someone...

@yssie, I searched for the stones for maybe 6 -8 months? Hard to recall exactly as my search morphed over time. I initially thought I could match individual stones but I came to realize the folly of that endeavor...I ended up looking for pairs and found these at auction. As @KristyDarling said, searching for pairs is not for the faint of heart, and buying at auction takes it to a whole other level!! To add to the challenge this pair was collet set, so I couldn’t see the girdles, get a true weight or accurate size. But, they had the shape and faceting I was looking for, so I took a chance and bid.

Was it a live auction local to you or online? Just curious. What kind of info was presented/available in the auction listing. Thanks!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones and what a wonderful ring! I love it- it is fantastic!

Reactions: EC8

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! This is beyond gorgeous! The stones are beautiful and the setting is perfection. I love it! It’s twice as nice! :love:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous perfect ring :love: and the story behind it is fab. Those are amazing stones and the setting is wonderful.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really gorgeous REALLY REALLY GORGEOUS! :love::love::love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh that's gorgeous, congrats!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek , @elizat , @headlight , @foxinsox , @Gussie , @arkieb1 , @GliderPoss
Thanks!
@Volvoqueen - these were sold via an auction house; there was an estimate for color/clarity/size but stones were in their antique settings so no lab reports

@GliderPoss - that ring/those diamonds ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ !! I think I read somewhere they are estimated to be 6 carats EACH? :geek2:
Yep - she is #goals for a toi et moi (who am I kidding - I’ll be lucky to get over 2 carats on my engagement ring :lol-2::mrgreen2:)

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This must be my dream ring! Absolutely beautiful! :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring! Love the vintage look you achieved with the durability of a new setting. :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW...:love::love::love:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for your comments!
@acaw2015 , @Stone Hunter , @LLJsmom

Reflecting a kaleidoscope of colors under a tree....

5CEC96D5-F537-4076-88D6-81076614EB57.jpeg

807705A4-4BF2-4FC2-BA44-AAAB35CF2AF8.jpeg

GREAT photo!! Why did you decide on OMCs instead of OECs....in this shot they have the kaleidoscope of colors I associate with OECs.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Stone Hunter!
I wanted OMCs because I prefer a cushion shape over round (even my OEC ering is a cushiony round).
I lucked out finding these stones as they are very prismatic.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Simply STUNNING...what a beauty your ring is, EC8!!!!:love::love::love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and these diamonds :love: I would love to see photos of their original setting(s) if you have any! I love seeing the history and transformations of antique jewels.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and these diamonds :love: I would love to see photos of their original setting(s) if you have any! I love seeing the history and transformations of antique jewels.
Thanks @maita13, @dreamer_dachsie !!
This is the pendant the OMCs came in; although antique I don’t think it’s the original piece/settings as the stones have some minor girdle wear which had to pre date the platinum collet settings.

766DA268-8481-4667-8813-97B2E1249C7E.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Damn. Insane insane jealousy over here!
:Up_to_something:

Its truly stunning and all of your hard work and determination at getting it exactly right totally paid off.

Well done to you!
Enjoy it in great health and happiness!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is everything. Every. Single. Thing. Thanks for sharing, @EC8!

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
have to agree - saw this last night and was like - how did i miss this before. gorgeous.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I don't often like old cut diamonds, but yours is changing my mind. It's absolutely beautiful- the stones, the toi et moi, the side stones- just gorgeous! All that work was well worthwhile!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
This ring is everything. Every. Single. Thing. Thanks for sharing, @EC8!

have to agree - saw this last night and was like - how did i miss this before. gorgeous.

I don't often like old cut diamonds, but yours is changing my mind. It's absolutely beautiful- the stones, the toi et moi, the side stones- just gorgeous! All that work was well worthwhile!

@mrs-b, @sunnyside74, @Polabowla -
Thank you all for your kind comments!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perfection from every angle! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous antique diamonds and ring with us!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love this ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results