carat
color
clarity

A super long story about the best ring ever

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful @pearaffair! I had,
have and will have baguette settings. They’re my absolute favorite! You’re looks so perfect with your diamond. Very classy and elegant!

Baguette settings have always been my favourite, too!

Awwwww I seriously teared up when you said that! Another reason why I just adore the PS community :)

Awww well this really could not have happened without you. So nice of you to have asked David which size stones would work - I honestly was so nervous to contact him (never meet your heroes, right?) but it all went SO well I'm just over the moon about it. So thank you for the part you played!
Stunning! This has always been a top dream setting for me, too. Look at those wonderful, perfect prongs! Congratulations!
Ahhh a girl after my own heart! And yes - the prongs are ridiculously perfect. I'm ruined for other jewellers now.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly guys I'm in ring nirvana now, it's insane. It's even curing my desire for new rings. I used to have the Pokemon approach (gotta catch 'em all!) but now that I have this beauty... I just really don't even want to wear anything else! Will the feeling last? Time will tell...

And don't worry - I'm using it as an opportunity to get interested in jade and pearl! Diamonds I might be good on, but jade and pearl I have NOTHING.... got some work to do maybe!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
*happy sigh*
I love it when things come together. :love:
2nj.gif
It's beautiful, and you're totally worth it.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Pretty darn perfect!!! It’s beautiful and looks great on your hand!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your writeup made me smile!! And the excitement is totally catchy, I’m super stoked about your new ring too!!

CONGRATS on putting so many pieces together to make your dream ring come true!! :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfect and beautiful on you!! Congratulations!! Enjoy your stunning new ring!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Stories like this are the reason I so look forward to getting up and reading Pricescope while drinking coffee!! The ring is gorgeous and elegant! Congratulations on pulling together all the pieces and making it happen! How beautiful it looks on your lovely hand! I love the proportions of the baguettes and the tiny prongs. Your Lightbox diamond is a stunner. I’m so happy for you!!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it is lovely and so classic! The prongs are perfect.

It also fits your hand beautifully. So excited for you!

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
A perfect true life story. The ring and pictures, what can I say, could be a commercial for DeBeers. Love the picture with the dishwasher in the background the most. Enjoy and thank you for letting us tag along (on your bling journey, LOL).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@pearaffair I had to comment again because this thread makes me so happy. I can feel the happiness you feel through your excited words. I’m so happy that you found your ORTRTA (One Ring To Rule Them All). I think, but not sure @missy coined that name for the best ring we could ever hope for….It’s such a beautiful and classic ring. My favorite pic is also the one on your dishwasher rack..:kiss2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*happy sigh*
I love it when things come together. :love:
2nj.gif
It's beautiful, and you're totally worth it.

Thank you so much. It sounds so silly to me now, to think that I had to do some mental gymnastics to feel "worth it". But my parents grew up rather poor, and I've definitely internalized a lot of the feelings they still grapple with. I think when you're a kid and you can't have many things, you can struggle with feeling is ok to have luxury products. I don't think going crazy and buying everything in sight is the answer - but having a careful and planned purchase that you've long wanted, and being able to sigh in a relaxed way and enjoy it? That is an amazing place to get to, and I'm so grateful for all of the opportunities and assistance I have had along the way that has made it possible.

I know jewelry is frivolous on the one hand... but it's so personal on the other.
Pretty darn perfect!!! It’s beautiful and looks great on your hand!

Thank you SO much!!!!!
Your writeup made me smile!! And the excitement is totally catchy, I’m super stoked about your new ring too!!

CONGRATS on putting so many pieces together to make your dream ring come true!! :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

So glad I could share the excitement! That's what PS is all about! Sharing of knowledge, bling pics, and smiles all around! And @yssie I don't know whether to thank you or chide you, but your collections have definitely inspired me and I'm getting really obsessed with pearls!!! So speaking of sharing, I really appreciate all the in-depth knowledge you have shared! And the pictures! Wowza. Are you a polymath or something? The level of knowledge you've absorbed is really staggering!
It’s perfect and beautiful on you!! Congratulations!! Enjoy your stunning new ring!

Thank you so much! I know you have high standards yourself so I really appreciate this compliment!

Stories like this are the reason I so look forward to getting up and reading Pricescope while drinking coffee!! The ring is gorgeous and elegant! Congratulations on pulling together all the pieces and making it happen! How beautiful it looks on your lovely hand! I love the proportions of the baguettes and the tiny prongs. Your Lightbox diamond is a stunner. I’m so happy for you!!

Oh tell me about it. I'm in quarantine for covid and I've been lurking PS like crazy, the stories and pictures have been the perfect distraction from daily life. Thank goodness for PS. And thank you for mentioning the baguettes! I *love* that they have a slight taper. And I was also so relieved that the Lightbox diamond does not appear to be a dud. Having it set sight-unseen was a bit nerve-wracking but worked out!!
Oh it is lovely and so classic! The prongs are perfect.

It also fits your hand beautifully. So excited for you!

Thank you so much! The prongs are everything.
A perfect true life story. The ring and pictures, what can I say, could be a commercial for DeBeers. Love the picture with the dishwasher in the background the most. Enjoy and thank you for letting us tag along (on your bling journey, LOL).

Haha I wonder if DeBeers would be aghast or delighted that their "just for fun" diamonds are being used for engagement rings? Hehe. =D I'm so glad you like the dishwasher pic, I almost didn't include it but I thought it was representative of the fact that I am wearing this ring ALL THE TIME even while doing chores, and I stopped to admire it while doing the dishwasher - because this ring is just catching my eye all day long! I am delighted by it. Thanks for joining me in this journey :)
@pearaffair I had to comment again because this thread makes me so happy. I can feel the happiness you feel through your excited words. I’m so happy that you found your ORTRTA (One Ring To Rule Them All). I think, but not sure @missy coined that name for the best ring we could ever hope for….It’s such a beautiful and classic ring. My favorite pic is also the one on your dishwasher rack..:kiss2:
"the best ring we could ever hope for" - that's where I am at. Yes yes yes. Haha! The dishwasher pic is so telling because ALL other jewelry I've owned I would take off at home so that I don't "wreck" it by doing chores. This ring I just don't want to take off!!

---

Ok funny story time: I was at work and the lights at work are fantastic and I had to tell a customer my shift was over, had to head home, and he said "I bet you want to get home to the one that bought you *THAT*" (as he gestured to my amazing engagement ring) - and I just threw my head back and LAUGHED and exclaimed: "HA! You're looking at her!!!" Well he found that quite interesting and I just let him sit with that notion lol.

But that's been a big part of my journey too. I used to think that an engagement ring HAD to come from my husband. My husband, who has zero++ interest in jewelry. Not to mention how impossible it would be for him to read my mind and have a PSers level of expertise when jewelry shopping. SO. It feels good to get to a place where I can buy myself an engagement ring and rock it and feel good about it instead of wistful like I wish my DH would buy one for me. I now know that it is our combined forces, the building of our life together, that has made it possible for me to use my "fun money" to buy this ring. So thanks, DH! We are a good team! <3

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Complete and utter perfection. :kiss2: Congratulations!!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning and suits you to a T! You are the epitome of class and style. This is such a beautiful story. The story behind the jewelry always means more. I love your confidence! You are inspiring. Thank you for sharing and keep the pics coming!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your gorgeous ring! Wear it in health and happiness! DK also made my lightbox ring and I was so happy the process was so smooth and drama free. I definitely plan on using him for future projects. Those prongs are what made me decide to reach out to him. So happy you got the ring of your dreams and thank you for sharing your wonderful write up/story.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful story and a stunning result! Enjoy your lovely ring!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on reaching your destination ring - wear in good health always.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
What a great story, and such a classic beautiful ring! I’ve always loved that style setting. I’m sure you will wear it happily and enjoy looking at it everyday!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I loved reading along! Who knew PS would such a great place for stories as well as beautiful sparklies, such as your gorgeous ring?! :kiss2:

Friendly

Rough_Rock
Trade
Amazing Story! Thanks for sharing.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story! Baguette setting’s are so classic and timeless!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
You guys, I’ve really grown into myself. I used to never think I could be the kind of person who could wear a ring like this, and feel worthy of it. It sounds silly to say. But I’ve done a lot of inner work and now I’m figuring out what I want (in all areas of life) and I’m going out and getting it! One step at a time. So this ring is very meaningful to me and is a symbol of being worthy of all my dreams coming true.

It's gorgeous. I am so happy you realize your worth :appl::kiss2:

2B2

Rough_Rock
111F0098-E1C0-41B5-9D71-D8695F8E84FB.png E8A71A63-2D82-4F29-8B81-3A650EAC1503.jpeg 92D062A2-26F3-42A2-BD03-7582A2D68F4B.jpeg 6F238DC0-AE9F-4422-9F50-73CAAA027E01.png A95009BA-8A58-4E35-B586-C9FE2C94F443.jpeg
Eternity band I was trying on at Tiffany’s.
(Btw- can you see how subtle and amazing these claws are??? Love!!!!!)

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your nails too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results