shape
carat
color
clarity

A super long story about the best ring ever

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, where do I even begin? I suppose, as they say, at the start.

Well, some of you may know that I've been on PS long enough to have DSS and a small collection. I've also been on PS long enough to become a total perfectionist with a discerning eye and a taste for THE BEST. You know you're a PSer when you can find things that Tiffany should improve upon! You know you're a PSer when you're obsessed with the perfect prongs! And you know you're a PSer when you know that "DK" stands for "David Klass".

I had seen a lot of DK's work on PS, and as someone who doesn't live in America, I let myself have wistful dreams but never actually thought I would get to commission any work from him. To me, it was just not worth the difficulty of doing a project internationally. So I never even considered it, and admired his work from afar. Admired the customer service and attention to detail from afar, too!

WELL. Fast-forward a few years. I had learned things about myself and the bling I actually wanted and would wear. I had bought some big bling (like the 2ct+ marquise that I owned for two seconds before selling) and some smaller stuff, and still hadn't found the ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL. I wanted my HOLY GRAIL.

Enter: lab diamonds.

Holy freakin' sh*t! You can get a 1ct for $800????? Thanks, Lightbox Jewelry! But they were always sold out. And rounds were mythical. Fast forward some more. Suddenly buying a 1-2ct round off Lightbox wasn't totally impossible, they were in stock more and more often. The wheels in my mind were turning as I considered the possibilities! But I hadn't found a good local bench, and they didn't ship loose stones to my country, so I figured there was no point. Also, I knew from experience that if I did manage to get my hands on a stone, setting it locally would leave me disappointed. In the past, I'd had stones set and the prongs got screwed up (blobby, big, ugly, crooked, etc) - I would never love the ring. So I waited. And then...

A PSer posted a beautiful setting on LT. A baguette sidestone setting, the classic kind of setting I had long considered a holy grail style for myself. Daaaaaamn was it tempting. When I discovered that the seller actually had this setting sitting with DK, I couldn't resist any longer. I contacted DK to see if it would be ok to send a Lightbox stone his way to be set in the setting. He confirmed that it would be fine by him and gave me a size range that would fit. I was ECSTATIC and promptly told the PSer that I'd happily be buying her setting. Then I rushed over to Lightbox, bought a stone and sent it to DK. I was ecstatic and terrified! This would be my biggest carat weight ring in a DREAM setting for me, set by my DREAM bench. The stakes were high and I was ready to be disappointed. The pandemic had already crushed so many dreams, I knew it would be safer to keep my expectations low.

A side note: I also had DK re-size this ring to a size 5 for me. Originally I told him 4.75 and then a few days later I changed my mind. I am embarrassed that I had to make this amendment to my instructions for him, but I mention it here because he simply confirmed the change and it all went along smoothly. I felt zero guilting from him and even though I know I caused (at the least) a small inconvenience, DK's famous customer service made it seem like no big deal. I was so relieved and as it turns out size 5 was perfect.

Anyways, back to the story. So I ordered a 1.5ct LB regular round diamond. DK sent me a message when it arrived at his shop (which I greatly appreciated! I have had other big name vendors fail to do this when receiving a stone I'd sent!) - and the message said, "Your beautiful 1.5ct round brilliant diamond has arrived safely". Which I thought was very sweet.

Not too long later (just under two weeks, an insane feat considering this was before Christmas), DK messaged me to let me know the ring was completed and would be sent my way. He also sent me luxurious photos of this ring (seen below) and I was so thrilled to be given this photo shoot goodness.

Ok, I'm as tired of writing this as you are of reading it. TL;DR - after years of wasting money elsewhere I finally have the ring of my dreams. Shoutouts to PSers, LT, Lightbox, DK. The prongs are perfect, I never knew they could be so subtle and excellent. I'm ecstatic. Thanks PS! Couldn't have made it here without you!

Special shoutouts to @Niel, @mrs-b, @Mreader, @mochiko42 who whether you know it or not, played a really big part in my bling journey. My most sincere thanks. And to everyone who posted details on Lightbox Diamonds - wow, thanks everyone, I am now a very fancy lady with this big ol' rock thanks to you!
Ring 1.jpg Ring 2.jpg Ring 3.jpg Ring 4.jpg Ring 5.jpg

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, where do I even begin? I suppose, as they say, at the start.

Well, some of you may know that I've been on PS long enough to have DSS and a small collection. I've also been on PS long enough to become a total perfectionist with a discerning eye and a taste for THE BEST. You know you're a PSer when you can find things that Tiffany should improve upon! You know you're a PSer when you're obsessed with the perfect prongs! And you know you're a PSer when you know that "DK" stands for "David Klass".

I had seen a lot of DK's work on PS, and as someone who doesn't live in America, I let myself have wistful dreams but never actually thought I would get to commission any work from him. To me, it was just not worth the difficulty of doing a project internationally. So I never even considered it, and admired his work from afar. Admired the customer service and attention to detail from afar, too!

WELL. Fast-forward a few years. I had learned things about myself and the bling I actually wanted and would wear. I had bought some big bling (like the 2ct+ marquise that I owned for two seconds before selling) and some smaller stuff, and still hadn't found the ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL. I wanted my HOLY GRAIL.

Enter: lab diamonds.

Holy freakin' sh*t! You can get a 1ct for $800????? Thanks, Lightbox Jewelry! But they were always sold out. And rounds were mythical. Fast forward some more. Suddenly buying a 1-2ct round off Lightbox wasn't totally impossible, they were in stock more and more often. The wheels in my mind were turning as I considered the possibilities! But I hadn't found a good local bench, and they didn't ship loose stones to my country, so I figured there was no point. Also, I knew from experience that if I did manage to get my hands on a stone, setting it locally would leave me disappointed. In the past, I'd had stones set and the prongs got screwed up (blobby, big, ugly, crooked, etc) - I would never love the ring. So I waited. And then...

A PSer posted a beautiful setting on LT. A baguette sidestone setting, the classic kind of setting I had long considered a holy grail style for myself. Daaaaaamn was it tempting. When I discovered that the seller actually had this setting sitting with DK, I couldn't resist any longer. I contacted DK to see if it would be ok to send a Lightbox stone his way to be set in the setting. He confirmed that it would be fine by him and gave me a size range that would fit. I was ECSTATIC and promptly told the PSer that I'd happily be buying her setting. Then I rushed over to Lightbox, bought a stone and sent it to DK. I was ecstatic and terrified! This would be my biggest carat weight ring in a DREAM setting for me, set by my DREAM bench. The stakes were high and I was ready to be disappointed. The pandemic had already crushed so many dreams, I knew it would be safer to keep my expectations low.

A side note: I also had DK re-size this ring to a size 5 for me. Originally I told him 4.75 and then a few days later I changed my mind. I am embarrassed that I had to make this amendment to my instructions for him, but I mention it here because he simply confirmed the change and it all went along smoothly. I felt zero guilting from him and even though I know I caused (at the least) a small inconvenience, DK's famous customer service made it seem like no big deal. I was so relieved and as it turns out size 5 was perfect.

Anyways, back to the story. So I ordered a 1.5ct LB regular round diamond. DK sent me a message when it arrived at his shop (which I greatly appreciated! I have had other big name vendors fail to do this when receiving a stone I'd sent!) - and the message said, "Your beautiful 1.5ct round brilliant diamond has arrived safely". Which I thought was very sweet.

Not too long later (just under two weeks, an insane feat considering this was before Christmas), DK messaged me to let me know the ring was completed and would be sent my way. He also sent me luxurious photos of this ring (seen below) and I was so thrilled to be given this photo shoot goodness.

Ok, I'm as tired of writing this as you are of reading it. TL;DR - after years of wasting money elsewhere I finally have the ring of my dreams. Shoutouts to PSers, LT, Lightbox, DK. The prongs are perfect, I never knew they could be so subtle and excellent. I'm ecstatic. Thanks PS! Couldn't have made it here without you!

Special shoutouts to @Niel, @mrs-b, @Mreader, @mochiko42 who whether you know it or not, played a really big part in my bling journey. My most sincere thanks. And to everyone who posted details on Lightbox Diamonds - wow, thanks everyone, I am now a very fancy lady with this big ol' rock thanks to you!
Ring 1.jpg Ring 2.jpg Ring 3.jpg Ring 4.jpg Ring 5.jpg

So lovely @pearaffair ! Wear and enjoy in good health. Can't wait to see it on you!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks awesome! I can’t wait to see finger shots when you get it. Congrats!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!! Congratulations! I cant wait for hand shots. Yay!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am so thrilled that you finally did a post on this ring, and so happy that a PSer has this setting! It's always a bit hard for me to sell things ( I tend to hoard lol) but having a PSer own it completely makes up for it! Wear it in blingy health and joy and please show us hand shots!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so happy for you. What a fantastic story and a gorgeous ring! :love: Wear it in good health!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the hand shots!

DK :))

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
111F0098-E1C0-41B5-9D71-D8695F8E84FB.png E8A71A63-2D82-4F29-8B81-3A650EAC1503.jpeg 92D062A2-26F3-42A2-BD03-7582A2D68F4B.jpeg 6F238DC0-AE9F-4422-9F50-73CAAA027E01.png A95009BA-8A58-4E35-B586-C9FE2C94F443.jpeg
Eternity band I was trying on at Tiffany’s.
(Btw- can you see how subtle and amazing these claws are??? Love!!!!!)

Last edited:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that looks awesome! I can’t wait to see finger shots when you get it. Congrats!

Thank you! I’m delighted by it! It’s the first ring I’ve ever had where I’m never wanting to take it off!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so thrilled that you finally did a post on this ring, and so happy that a PSer has this setting! It's always a bit hard for me to sell things ( I tend to hoard lol) but having a PSer own it completely makes up for it! Wear it in blingy health and joy and please show us hand shots!!!

And can I just say how nice it is to have a ring bought from a person as nice as you??? The emotions tied to a ring always matter to me, and you are just lovely. I’m honoured to be the next custodian of this ring, and I freaking ADORE it. Thanks again <3

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so happy for you. What a fantastic story and a gorgeous ring! :love: Wear it in good health!

Haha thanks!! We all have our PS stories, don’t we! All part of the fun :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys, I’ve really grown into myself. I used to never think I could be the kind of person who could wear a ring like this, and feel worthy of it. It sounds silly to say. But I’ve done a lot of inner work and now I’m figuring out what I want (in all areas of life) and I’m going out and getting it! One step at a time. So this ring is very meaningful to me and is a symbol of being worthy of all my dreams coming true.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful @pearaffair! I had,
have and will have baguette settings. They’re my absolute favorite! You’re looks so perfect with your diamond. Very classy and elegant!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
And can I just say how nice it is to have a ring bought from a person as nice as you??? The emotions tied to a ring always matter to me, and you are just lovely. I’m honoured to be the next custodian of this ring, and I freaking ADORE it. Thanks again <3

Awwwww I seriously teared up when you said that! Another reason why I just adore the PS community :)

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! This has always been a top dream setting for me, too. Look at those wonderful, perfect prongs! Congratulations!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Classic and so beautiful on you! And I love your whole story!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Great story with an amazingly happy ending - congratulations!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful @pearaffair! I had,
have and will have baguette settings. They’re my absolute favorite! You’re looks so perfect with your diamond. Very classy and elegant!

I hate autocorrect..ugh

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on achieving your dream ring @pearaffair :appl:
Its looks beautiful on your hand and I loved reading your story too :kiss2:.

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely story and beautiful ring!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
This is wonderful! Congratulations on finding your beautiful ring!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results