shape
carat
color
clarity

A Step Up - Setting Help for an Anniversary Ring

metromom

Shiny_Rock
First off, thank you so much for recommending Jerry from Gemart Services. I contacted him recently in the search for a perfectly pale pink emerald cut striking stone to start a 10 year anniversary ring project. I don't have anything in a step cut and seeing all the beautiful asschers and emeralds on here, I was definitely craving one. Long story short, we had many conversations about some tourmaline rough he had and what types of shades I was interested in. Meanwhile, on his gems for sale page, he had this striking topaz that I just couldn't stop thinking about. It was alot bigger than I wanted and not in a classic emerald cut, but I knew I had to have it.

So here are the details, as descibed by Jerry:

An uncommon light pink topaz from Pakistan especially clean with a unique "Mixed Rectangle" cut
7.42ct
12.5×9mm

So now my dilemma. I was originally planning for a 3 stone ring with double claw rose gold prongs and side traps. But now I am not sure if the stone is too big for a three ring, and am considering just a solitaire with double claw prongs.

Any and all setting advice and help if appreciated and thoughts on the stone. Thanks so much!
pink%20topaz.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
It's sooooo pretty.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
another picture of the stone:

ptopaztt12.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
and here are my two setting inspirations.

Attachments

• wf.bmp
    800.7 KB · Views: 480

metromom

Shiny_Rock
the three stone.

leonyellowtt2.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I like setting #1. Your stone is longer then the on in setting #2. Your stone actually reminds me of a yellow diamond posted on here. I'm gonna look for the thread to show you her setting.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
thanks herekittykitty, that would be great!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty gemstone. I think a setting with some diamond accents would be pretty but both of your samples are pretty too.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow that stone is gorgeous, I love the cutting and what a great size! I like the first setting you posted, I have that one saved in my favorites folder!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both settings but like the one with the diamond accents a little more. How big are your fingers?

metromom

Shiny_Rock
tyty333 said:
I like both settings but like the one with the diamond accents a little more. How big are your fingers?

I'm between a 5.5 and 6. I usually go with a 6 just to accomodate for hotter summer months.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
I'm adding another setting to the mix. I came across this while browsing the eye candy thread. I apologize, I can't remember who it belongs to. It's absolutely stunning, and I think my stone is very similar in size and measurement. Thoughts?

Attachments

• EW Ring.bmp
    484.8 KB · Views: 296

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
metromom|1309971586|2962884 said:
I'm adding another setting to the mix. I came across this while browsing the eye candy thread. I apologize, I can't remember who it belongs to. It's absolutely stunning, and I think my stone is very similar in size and measurement. Thoughts?

I think this is a very pretty ring... I also like the solitaire but with a bezel to add emphasis to the clipped-corner shape.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results