shape
carat
color
clarity

A Small Accident Leads: to a beautiful halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry about your accident - but the new ring is BEAUTIFUL! I love that halo - the size of the stones is just perfect!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your hand! Looks painful. But your ring is beautiful!!!

mel047

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Love that profile shot!

Sorry about your hand, wishin ya a speedy recovery :)

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Omg- what you had to go through but your new ring is just gorgeous!!! I love the side profile- incredible.
Hope you enjoy wearing that beauty!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Glad you''re better.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so pretty - and you sound so happy with it. What an ordeal to go through to get that pretty.

Enjoy the ring - the pups too! They look no worse for the wear but you have certainly been through it!
17.gif

newringgirl70

Rough_Rock
Super wow!!! That halo is beautiful!

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry about what happened to your finger. But your ring is absolutely stunning. I am drooling over the profile shot!

Also, oh my god your dogs are the most adorable danes ever!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love your beautiful new ring! Wear it in good health.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a crazy story. Sorry you were hurt, but it seems every cloud does have a silver lining!!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Your doggies and your ring are so beautiful. I adore that setting and have ogled it on the JA site many times! Congrats on your fantastic re set and I hope that poor digit of yours recovers quickly. It''s faboo!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. I hope you dont have anymore problems with your finger!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG...I totally winced when I read your first post on what happened, ouch!

But your ring is stunning! Wow, I love it...I love the setting, and the profile is TDF!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gooooorrrgeous new ring!!!!! We have similar ring histories by the way. I slammed my hand into a door and smooshed my e-ring and replaced it with a lovely danhov from JA. Luckily my hand was in much better shape than yours though... The ring saved my fingers from getting crushed and I just had some bruising.

I just loooove the setting you picked out. I love the profile, it''s so sleek and lovely. I love on both of our rings you can see the culet.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif
I am soooo doing the dance! Congrats on your beautiful halo and the best of luck in the future!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh you poor thing, your finger looks like it still is causing you some pain! Glad you got that amazing ring (WHAT a profile, holy moly!
23.gif
30.gif
) to help you feel better! I''m so glad you have something you absolutely love with added sparklies!!!
36.gif

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know whether to say ''ouch!'' or ''beautiful!'' ...so I''ll go with both!!
9.gif

...I''m sure that droolworthy halo is just what the doctor ordered!!!
2.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Your poor fingie-I am sure that it is much happier now with that lovely adornment. Here''s to your fingie healing fully, your lovely new halo, and those cute pups!

Cheers!
36.gif

Female half 2Artists

30.gif
AHHHHH!!!! That is THE Ring I want to send my boyfriend. I am so happy to see it on your finger. I have been dying for actual pics of it. Do you find that you are going to have to be VERY Cautious with it?? Thats my only concern.

GORGEOUS!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Wow.....Your ring is just truely amazing!!!!! Hopefully you have a full recovery! (diamonds seem to help that along, imo)
36.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments and well wishes!
I''m so happy with it. The only issue is sizing. It''s a size 7.5. My original setting was a 5.5! So, obviously it swings around a bit.
My doctor says that my finger size WILL come down, though, but it might take up to a year!

I spoke with Josh from JA yesterday, and they''ll be happy to size it down the road, so for now, I"ll just wear it happily!

IfIfellinlovewithmybestfriend It is a VERY delicate setting, and I''m NOT a very delicate woman, I''m not sure that I feel like need to be cautious, though. Even though the cutlet is exposed, the diamond is not set very high, so I don''t feel like I''m going to catch it on things. My only concern currently is the spinning.

Oh, and the diamonds do NOT go all the way around (they look like they do on the JA website, but in actuality, they only go about half way down, in my opinion that helps with durabilty.

I''ll be happy to take more pics, lol, if there are any specific shots you want your boyfriend to see
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 8:54:22 PM
Author: StephensBride
Your new ring is GORGEOUS!! I''m just sorry it took such a nasty accident to get it.

btw, love the book pic in particular. Just too funny that it''s resting on a margarita recipe.
2.gif
Great way to celebrate the new bling!

Good eye StephensBride!
Mmmmmmm love margaritas!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
Yikes.... Your finger looked so big in the first couple of pics
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

BUT WOW!!!!! I rarely get "wow-ed" but your ring is totally gorgeous...
I have not heards of this designer - I need to check him out :)

I hope you are healing well... You seem like such a sweet lady :)
I graduated as a Vet Tech - but never worked in the field per se. I
ended up buying a grooming shop ( like 14 years ago ) and loved every
moment of it!!!!

I cant wait to see the whole set on your healthy finger and sized to fit :)

WOWZER!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
more pics more pics!!!

Is your ring a danhov setting? When i read it was from james allen i rushed to the site but cannot find it. Could you link us to it?

Love it!! It's so gorgeous!!!

eta...I found it on the JA site!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Yes,
it''s the Danhov Me29.
When my swelling goes down, I''ll take more pics!

You guys make me so happy! Thanks for all your lovely comments!

I look forward to having a "more normal finger" and my full set together in one place, but for now, looking at my pretty blingy makes me so happy.

I guess now I have to figure out how to clean in since I shouldn''t put pave in my ultrasonic, right? Ah, what to do? I don''t EVER want it to get dirty.

Annie

kcoursolle That is a total crazy coincidence!!! I''m off to look up your setting! Which one did you get!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I love Danhov's rings!
30.gif
I'm happy this (somewhat painful) story had such a happy ending. What a beautiful setting!

I've purchased the ME10 from JA but am still waiting for it to arrive.
32.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a story! I''m so sorry you were hurt, that looks like quite a serious injury! On the lighter side... Your ring is stunning!! And your dogs are adorable
19.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
2Danes - your halo is divine! I''m so sorry about what happened, but hopefully your gorgeous ring will bring some solace to you. I know it would to me!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. HOLY COW. I can''t believe what the RING looked like after the accident. I can only imagine how your finger felt!!! Yikes.

2. That reset is GORGEOUS, and it really does make your stone pop! Congrats.

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 11:46:06 AM
Author: FireGoddess
1. HOLY COW. I can''t believe what the RING looked like after the accident. I can only imagine how your finger felt!!! Yikes.

2. That reset is GORGEOUS, and it really does make your stone pop! Congrats.

LOL,

I must clarify, that the accident did not hurt my rings at all.
At first we just thought I needed stitches, and the ER didn''t notice the break at all.

My finger just swelled tremendously (due to the break and the ligament tear.) I kept hoping that the swelling would go down so that I could remove my rings without cutting them. That was before I knew it was broken. The break was in the knunckle. There was NO WAY I was going to slip those babies off! No matter HOW MUCH windex I used. The doctor even tried once, after many tears, and me finally calling "UNCLE," we gave that up.

After several months, when it was decided that I needed an MRI, I had to go ahead and do it.

The accident happened in November, now in June, I finally have my beauty. Yes, I probably didi it too soon, but I''m happy to wear it big and have it resized in a while when I figure out my real finger size. I need to dig up a picture of my wedding set before the evil saw cut them apart!

Thanks again all for your comments.

35.gif

I heart my halo!!!!!!

Annie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results