shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW A Ruby, marquise, French cut….pinky ring!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only giving this its own thread because I didn’t want to clog up another thread with all these pictures. Came upon this eternity band recently and it stopped me in my tracks, first of course the red stones that were sold to me as spinel but I would bet the farm they are rubies, doesn’t matter, either way I am loving the color.

Then the diamonds, marquise and then….what are those square ones, not princess, higher crowns. A quick post to PS seemed to suggest French cuts and that is a thrill, my first piece with French cuts. However there was a problem, I have to have at least an 8 for my ring finger, it’s even too small for a thumb ring. Well it will just have to be a pinky ring then and so it is.

14k white gold it weighs 6 grams and it is buttery smooth on the inside, anyways here are some snaps. These are outside on a cloudy day and inside to show the beauty of the rubies in all lighting.

ohhhhh you fancy
F64A9771-DCE2-4E83-A52C-5F92954234F9.jpeg

Up close and personal
0C3A8953-9F28-4612-81E3-D5A4C0E1162F.jpeg

Evidence I am high fashion
25227D0B-3D99-49E6-B5FB-EED50CF81436.jpeg

Inside rather dark lighting
24279B00-EC6D-477A-8125-7F9A9CF7D9F2.jpeg

Hanging with the neighbors
4A81E772-03AC-4B10-BD1C-E9AB0F1A949B.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh she is fancy, I love it!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Uhhhh, I adore that ring! It looks so pretty as pinky ring!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! I love the mix of shapes in the design. :kiss2:
PS. You pull off a pinky ring with style!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Damn that’s gorgeous!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:You always show up with the goods!
It's so friggin' cool as a pinky ring.
Oooh, that's signature *snap* hot sh*t:lol:

*Yes, you have to do the snap. Right now!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!! That is truly the most beautiful/charming/unique ruby/diamond eternity band I have ever seen! I LOVE IT!!!!! :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom, a little fancy for a pinky ring but as they say, where there’s a will…

@Roselina it was either going on the pinky or thumb, I was actually up one night stressing about what I was going to do if it didn’t fit any of my fingers lol!

Thanks @elle_71125, truth is I wish I had your beautiful slender fingers but alas without gastric intervention, probably will never happen lol! I think this year should be the year of statement pinky rings.

Aw thanks @RMOO, I have a feeling that this was a custom piece for someone and was very treasured, I just had to have it of course.

@ItsMainelyYou, who got the goods? I got the goods! ;-) I would never think to wear an eternity ring as a pinky ring but it works!

@Rubies-R-Me, you are so sweet, thank you! I did stack it with my diamond ring just for visual ha ha’s and it is stunning. Haven’t ever seen a band like this before.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to the park and got a sun shot. No idea why the three stone looks so gray here :???:
B793C27C-28E7-44EA-94BA-BDBAAFCC49C8.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the prettiest ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty! Great find!

cheers--Sharon

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowww. I love it! And it looks great on your
Pinky! But if you ever want to unload it, cough cough, me me

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Such a pretty ring! You wear it well as a pinky—love that pop of color. Congratulations on the find—especially the Frenchies—fabulous

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @Ally T and @canuk-gal :wavey:

@nala, I will definitely let you know! I was just thinking of you yesterday, I mentioned to Stracci that I haven’t seen you post any new stuff lately. I hope you’re not slowing down, I personally love to see what you find in the wild.

@WhoaNelly thank you! My little extra finger pudge is actually helping me out with keeping it securely on, I guess it’s good for something lol! I was very excited to find French cuts, I have never come across them in my travels before.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! It's gorgeous!
I have been wearing pinky rings for the last couple of years, and I really like them!

This looks great on you! Another score, yada!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @stracci2000, I’ve been avoiding pinky rings since the near loss of the rose cut diamond I had in the bathroom of a Mexican restaurant.

Maybe we need a pinky ring thread so we can share ideas :cool2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada now that you mention—it has been a while! I went on a big spree and then cooled off. Converted my cluster ring, reset my ering, lol—but didn’t post it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only giving this its own thread because I didn’t want to clog up another thread with all these pictures. Came upon this eternity band recently and it stopped me in my tracks, first of course the red stones that were sold to me as spinel but I would bet the farm they are rubies, doesn’t matter, either way I am loving the color.

Then the diamonds, marquise and then….what are those square ones, not princess, higher crowns. A quick post to PS seemed to suggest French cuts and that is a thrill, my first piece with French cuts. However there was a problem, I have to have at least an 8 for my ring finger, it’s even too small for a thumb ring. Well it will just have to be a pinky ring then and so it is.

14k white gold it weighs 6 grams and it is buttery smooth on the inside, anyways here are some snaps. These are outside on a cloudy day and inside to show the beauty of the rubies in all lighting.

ohhhhh you fancy
F64A9771-DCE2-4E83-A52C-5F92954234F9.jpeg

Up close and personal
0C3A8953-9F28-4612-81E3-D5A4C0E1162F.jpeg

Evidence I am high fashion
25227D0B-3D99-49E6-B5FB-EED50CF81436.jpeg

Inside rather dark lighting
24279B00-EC6D-477A-8125-7F9A9CF7D9F2.jpeg

Hanging with the neighbors
4A81E772-03AC-4B10-BD1C-E9AB0F1A949B.jpeg

very pretty
unfrtunatly i cant trust the colour on my screen but very pretty

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @stracci2000, I’ve been avoiding pinky rings since the near loss of the rose cut diamond I had in the bathroom of a Mexican restaurant.

Maybe we need a pinky ring thread so we can share ideas :cool2:
on a really freezing cold winter day i once had all my rings come off onto the supermarekt checkout convayer o_O

i wear my great grandmother's wedding ring as a pinky
as i did not know her, nor am i the oldest grand daughter i feel very honored -my grandma was the youngest child as was my mum

anyway anyway :lol-2:
i got a preloved (modest by PS standards) diamond solitar for a song that i shove on after the wedding ring to keep it safe and jammed on

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds, in real life the rubies are almost a dark raspberry color. I actually had a hard time getting accurate pictures of the color because my phone does some sort of color correction automatically, kind of annoying.

So glad you didn’t lose all of your rings, it was good thinking to shove a ring on there to keep your grandmother’s ring safe.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! The mix of old cuts with the rubies are just divine! I’ve been wanting a pinky ring for some time now and this really makes me want one even more.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada now that you mention—it has been a while! I went on a big spree and then cooled off. Converted my cluster ring, reset my ering, lol—but didn’t post it.

Um, you must share the reset, I’m sure I’m not the only one who enjoys seeing all the iterations of your e-ring :dance:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@oldcutclubmember, thank you! I’ve been on a kick with rubies lately and I just couldn’t pass this up. I wouldn’t have considered an eternity for a pinky but it is relatively flat so it works. Pinky rings do take some abuse though, I can’t wear any jewelry at work, so this one will see gentle wear. I think this is why signets are so popular for the pinky, they can withstand the unavoidable banging that is inevitable.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
@oldcutclubmember, thank you! I’ve been on a kick with rubies lately and I just couldn’t pass this up. I wouldn’t have considered an eternity for a pinky but it is relatively flat so it works. Pinky rings do take some abuse though, I can’t wear any jewelry at work, so this one will see gentle wear. I think this is why signets are so popular for the pinky, they can withstand the unavoidable banging that is inevitable.

Oh that’s a good point about an eternity for the pinky! I will keep that in mind during my search for the perfect pinky!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone please use this line as the opening statement of a mystery novel.

Pretty ring!

'I’ve been avoiding pinky rings since the near loss of the rose cut diamond I had in the bathroom of a Mexican restaurant.
It was a dark and stormy night......but we were craving enchiladas. I was wearing my new rose cut diamond ring. I got it from the pawn shop. I had to take an Uber there, but that is a story for another day......'

Lol... @YadaYadaYada

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results