color
clarity

A Ringdant by David Klass

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some time ago DW acquired a hot pink pear:

1Pink Tourmaline 2.jpg
We already had pieces with conventional diamond halos and this time DW said she wanted something different and unusual, but worthy of the stone. Different and unusual is definitely beyond my scope, so I started a thread asking for suggestions. The wonderful PSers on the Colored Gemstones forum responded with all sorts of fantastic ideas, and DW was having trouble deciding what to choose until @icy_jade suggested:

2Ringdant Inspiration 1.png

When she saw this DW just said Wow Wow Wow, that's it!!! Then @suzann2 posted "Can you imagine this as a ring AND a pendant??? It would be glorious." Twice as much bling for the one stone; how could that not be a good idea??? We previously worked with Amy Phillips at DKJ and had great success, so we went to visit with stone and inspiration in hand. Yes DKJ had made ring/pendant convertibles before, and yes Amy would be delighted to work on our project. Our ringdant was off and running!

In the process of the design we found the intertwining halos, and the shape of our stone presented some unique aesthetic and engineering challenges. However Amy and her extraordinarily talented team of CAD designers and jewelers sailed thru every challenge with flying colors! Without further ado, here's a video of the finished ringdant:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And here are professional photos of the ringdant as a pendant:

Hot Pink Tourmaline Ringdant DK5.jpg Hot Pink Tourmaline Ringdant DK6.jpg Hot Pink Tourmaline Ringdant DK7.jpg

We drove down to LA on Friday and brought it home with us; it looks just as good IRL as it does in the photos!!! Hand and neck shots to follow soon. =)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :love::love::love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! How does it attach to/stay on the ring? I'm so intrigued by "converters."

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so cool!!!

Reactions: prs

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic! I have always loved multifunctional jewelry. Mostly familiar with pins that can also be worn as pendants. A ring to pendant conversion is even better. Congrats on owning this lovely piece.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous idea! Can't wait to see neck shots of this one!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing piece! It's just stunning!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty. How solid is it connected to the band? I would worry about losing it in the ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful.:love: Hot pinkalicious yummmmmy pear. :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fabulous!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all that stone is gorgeous! This is so innovative! Some serious bang for the buck. We need hand and neck shots please!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out amazing! We need hand picks when you get it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That’s amazing! We definitely need hand pics! I would love to see a pic of you wearing the pendant!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow gorgeous and big - can’t wait to see it modelled!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite! Congratulations!!:appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Excited to see your pics!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Super cray!:love:

cheers--Sharon

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! How does it attach to/stay on the ring? I'm so intrigued by "converters."

So pretty. How solid is it connected to the band? I would worry about losing it in the ring.

There is a hinged clasp bar that swivels and locks the shank to the basket. It's totally safe because, in addition to the clasp, the bar sits on the finger, so there is no way it can come undone. Here is a photo of the underside of the ring, you can see the clasp bar runs along the center of the basket base. It's a very ingenious locking mechanism, executed by a master jeweler.

2 Hot Pink Tourmaline Ringdant Clasp (2).jpg

Please ignore that yellow tint, trust me, the metal is definitely 18K white gold. :eek2: My camera skills still need work! :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! :love: What a clever, beautiful piece. We should all have more versatile pieces...

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love ...LOVE this piece!! The stone is a Beauty and the setting is Double-eeee Deliciousness! :dance:

Do you think you would wear it more as a pendant or a chain!?:twisted2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@prs, That is awesome! Wouldn't want you to lose that lovely piece. What an ingenious design!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: Wonderful piece!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love this!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Holy smokes. I'm especially impressed that you managed to take the one piece inspiration photo and convert it into something that could be made into a ringdant (i.e., something that could be split into two) without losing the feel of the inspiration piece!

Looking forward to waaaay more pictures!

The ring has a tiny bail on it that clearly clips into place. The larger bail with the diamonds on and chain, I suspect that just gets stores with the necklace?

Also that locking mechanism for the ring, I love that, that looks really secure and I think that would be my main worry about something that is so luxurious - I like the lack of risk!

That is honestly epic, wow!

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
Stunning

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results