Reactions: prs

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a totally awesome piece of jewellery!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very clever and gorgeous, the mechanism shot was very interesting :clap: but what about the pretty shots?:dance:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH!! I'd be saying wow, wow, wow, too. It's absolutely stunning! I love everything about it. Very lucky wife!!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looking at my pear now to see how it can become a ringdant lolz

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
I love these Ring/Pendant...it means you can wear it any time, any way or every day. :love:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Holy smokes. I'm especially impressed that you managed to take the one piece inspiration photo and convert it into something that could be made into a ringdant (i.e., something that could be split into two) without losing the feel of the inspiration piece!

The ring has a tiny bail on it that clearly clips into place. The larger bail with the diamonds on and chain, I suspect that just gets stores with the necklace
We thought we were pretty much done once we figured out the correct halo diamond size to make it all work and look good. However the stone in the inspiration is a flat bottomed cabochon whereas we had to deal with the pavilion on our faceted stone. In laying out the intertwined halos we took a lot of time to get the right spacing between them. However when we first put in the gallery we had all kinds of metal passing under those spaces in order to support the outer halos. It took some doing but we eventually figured out how to support the halos and keep the gaps between the halos clear. :D

Yes, the larger bale is stored separately when the piece is being worn as a ring.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone for all your kind words!

Sorry for the delay in posting photos, DW has been super busy the last couple of days, but better late than never:

2 Hot Pink Ringdant 1.jpg 2 Hot Pink Ringdant 2.jpg 2 Hot Pink Ringdant 3.jpg

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry for the delay in posting photos, DW has been super busy the last couple of days, but better late than never:

Its so lovely on you!! The color is incredibly vivacious! Such a clever and versatile piece! I think you will never tire of it. It's positively regal!! May you enjoy for many years to come!!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful I love the color of that tourmaline :love: and it’s another substantial piece, hard to get a sense of that scale until it was modelled! It will be interesting to see if your wife develops a preference for wearing it one way over the other.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an incredible piece!!! Very lucky DW! I love the versatility of being able to wear it as both a ring or pendant!! The color of the stone is so gorgeous and vibrant as well :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! :love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
:love::love::love::love::love: Beautiful rubellite and gorgeous setting. It's a work of art. My words are not enough to express just how exquisite your ringdant is. Enjoy it in good health for many years to come!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely fabulous in every way! Love the pink, love the setting and LOVE the versatility!

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
This is just so beautiful! :roll2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love::love::love: Beautiful rubellite and gorgeous setting. It's a work of art. My words are not enough to express just how exquisite your ringdant is. Enjoy it in good health for many years to come!
Thank you @voce The stone was definitely a hot pink, but seems to have become more red and more vivid in the setting; it must be very happy in there!!! =)2

A mahenge spinel had been on our bucket list, but I'm not sure we need one now, this stone is pretty darn close in color. :D

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, so clever and beautiful! The size is much more appreciable on your DW! Thanks for sharing!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Predicting that DK will get a LOT of requests for ringdants after this! This is incredibly cool. Congrats on a well executed, versatile piece!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful I love the color of that tourmaline :love: and it’s another substantial piece, hard to get a sense of that scale until it was modelled! It will be interesting to see if your wife develops a preference for wearing it one way over the other.
The stone measured 16.0x11.2 so one of our concerns during the design was to make sure the setting didn't become too wide to be worn comfortably as a ring. We started with all the diamonds in the halos being of equal size, but in addition to being too wide, the face view just looked too chubby. We then tried tapering down the size of the diamonds on the outer halos, and not only did the width decrease, but the setting became much more beautiful!!! :D The final dimensions of the piece are 25.0x19.6 and DW finds it to be very comfortable on her size 7 finger.

Don't know what her preference will be, but I'm pulling for the ring!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock

That color is a show stopper along with the design. There's a way to deal with not having enough fingers to wear all one's special treasures, fantastic design. Congratulations and enjoy wearing this beauty.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::love::love::love:

That halo, the colour....absolutely exquisite!!!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! When I saw it on his IG, I was so hoping that it belonged to a PS member so I could see more photos:twisted2::dance:.

Congratulations on an amazing addition to your collection!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did I say glorious? I meant GLORIOUS!! It's so elegant and beautiful. I know you spent hours and days and months looking at CADs, trying to find the perfect proportions. And you were successful! My favorites are the neck shots, even though you are voting for the ring. It looks so nice on her beautiful neck! Congratulations!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow fabulous. What a wonderfully clever way to have two pieces of jewelry. That stone is absolutely delicious and the finger coverage is incredible. As is the neck coverage. Congratulations for an incredibly wearable piece of art! Hope your DW enjoys wearing this one-of-a-kind beauty! :clap:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O M G that is totally amazeballs! :love:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did I say glorious? I meant GLORIOUS!! It's so elegant and beautiful. I know you spent hours and days and months looking at CADs, trying to find the perfect proportions. And you were successful! My favorites are the neck shots, even though you are voting for the ring. It looks so nice on her beautiful neck! Congratulations!
Thank you so much suzanne. I only prefer the ring because I think I'll get to see it more often than as a pendant.

Actually the perfect proportions came early in the design process. The fun began when we realized the size and shape of our stone required a completely new ringdant design! :-o I know we didn't break the record for the highest number of CADs, but we came pretty darned close. :eek2: The end result sure justified all the effort. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results