shape
carat
color
clarity

a ring makeover in progress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
As you may know from my posts on a few other threads I recently rcv''d a showstopper Tourmaline from Barry. It''s 1.23ct (6.8mm) and the lovliest shade of pink I''ve seen in a very long time. I plan to have it set in a ring I already own that currently holds a funky looking sapphire. Pics coming right up.....

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
1st two pics are Barry''s, this one was taken in incandescent light

Barry 6.8mm Tourmaline 2.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
and here it is in Barry''s ''outdoor studio'', I''ve yet to see it shift to this peachy color

Barry 6.8mm Tourmaline 3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, yay - the show''s about to start!

Sorry for the interruption - couldn''t help myself.

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
I plan on taking my own pics of this stone this weekend and will post them here as soon as I do. In the meantime here's the ring I've designated as the new home for my Pink Tourmaline. It's an antique piece set in platinum with .78ct of G/H Si baguettes that flash quite nicely in person
10.gif
It may be difficult to see in pics but the sapphire that's currently set in there is opaque towards the corner. It's a natural sapphire and a mystery to me why it looks that way. I can't wait to see what it will look like once I have the pink tourmaline set in there!

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
I''m having technical difficulties attaching pics of the ring. Ugh!!! Will have to figure out how to size them down and try again. Stay tuned and sorry for the delay.

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Since this is a makeover I suppose these should be considered the ''before'' pics of my ring
2.gif

swirl before 2.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
and another sitting in its box, I want to post a handshot but my files are too large to attach
8.gif

swirl before 1.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Yay finally shrunk a handshot to fit!
9.gif
I''m taking it to my local jeweler along w/the tourmaline on Monday and hope to have the swaparoo makeover completed by next weekend.

IMG_1029 - Copy.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is gorgeous. I love it, and with that pink tourmaline... oh its going to be stunning... can you do a photoshop or maybe someone else can do a photoshop just to give us a little peek albeit not like the real thing,, but I can only image how stunning its going to be!
36.gif

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Thanks D&T I don''t have Photoshop on my computer but if anyone else does along w/a few minutes to spare I would really appreciate seeing a mock transformation. I''m hitting my ''outdoor studio'' in a few to snap my own pics of the tourmaline. Be back later.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous stone- I can''t wait to see more photos in that cool setting!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gonna look great, Chicago, and I love the fire coming off those diamonds! Is your new tourmaline the same size as the blue sapphire?

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ice & Cellentani for the kind words. Yes the two stones are close in size; the sapphire is just a hair under 7mm and the pink tourm is 6.8. The existing prongs look pretty intact to me and so I''m keeping fingers crossed that the swaparoo won''t require a whole new head.

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
im not very good at photoshop, but i did these just to give you an idea

indoor colour

chicagoindoor.jpg

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
and outdoor

chicago-outside1.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 11:43:08 AM
Author: MissDayna
im not very good at photoshop, but i did these just to give you an idea

indoor colour
MissDayna- I was thinking of you
2.gif
glad you chimed in...

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Hehe I''ve got photoshop open right now anyway to sort out pics of something sparkly that arrived for me this morning
2.gif
so it was no problem, always happy to help
9.gif

Dayna

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
A million thanks MissDayna for taking the time to work your magic, thank you so much!!! I''m more excited than ever about the reset! I need to get a better handshot cuz the band in the pic is a bit distracting. Here''s the ''handshot'' from the auction catalog that sold me on this ring.

I''m downloading/cropping my pics of the tourm and will post them shortly. I hope no one minds the avalanche of pics
25.gif

swirlring - Copy.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 11:49:48 AM
Author: MissDayna
Hehe I''ve got photoshop open right now anyway to sort out pics of something sparkly that arrived for me this morning
2.gif
so it was no problem, always happy to help
9.gif

Dayna
oooh, so are you posting something up for us to see soon? I''ll be waiting to see

sorry Chicago- slight threadjack

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
heres that second handshot with the indoor colour

D&T - yep I sure am, as soon as I get all the pics resized I''ll post a new topic
1.gif

chicagoindoor2.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love settings that are a bit different and that one certainly is. The stone is super pretty too ( I love Barry''s stones). I look forward to seeing the final project!

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again MissDayna
9.gif
and you too Innerkitten for the compliments on the setting. I snapped a bunch of pics of the tourmaline and chose the best 5 to share.

This is as close to peach as I''ve seen the stone so far
30.gif

BB 6.8 11.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
outside in full sun

BB 6.8 22.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
in the shade under our covered patio

BB 6.8 33.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
look at the fire and fingerprint smudges ugh!

BB 6.8 44.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Last pic until the makeover is complete, hope y''all enjoyed the picture show
10.gif
I truly appreciate everyone''s opinions and comments. Thank you.

BB 6.8 55.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that''s a pretty stone and it''s going to look really really GREAT in that setting. I think it will work way better than the sapphire, which is odd because blue and white is usually such a classic combo.

TFS!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
That is such a pretty stone!!!
30.gif
I think it''ll look very pretty in the setting you have.
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that stone has wonderful color, even in full sun! You got a great one, Chicago!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Will it really take 5 days for your jeweler to set it? Seems kinda long...or maybe I''m just impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results