shape
carat
color
clarity

A poor college student''s jewelry collection...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I''ve spent most of my free time today taking pictures of, resizing pictures of, writing about and drawing pictures of my jewelry, so I decided to post it all in one place, and that place happens to be in Colored Stones because all of my jewelry has gemstones (except for a tiny diamond ring my mom bought me and another tiny diamond I found in a parking lot). So without further ado, I present my measly collection!! (Disclaimer: It is not complete by any means, but what I have pictures of, I will post
4.gif
. Also, I don''t know any stats about my jewelry except what the stone is and what the metal is. My apologies!)

First up: 2006 Christmas present from my dear BF, light blue sapphire bezel set in white gold!

DSCF5188.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mystery Necklace from a friend. It has Hebrew letters all over the back and I have no idea what they mean! I''m guessing sterling silver with either aquamarine, blue topaz, blue zircon or even glass. I was told that it was an old piece of costume jewelry.

DSCF5181.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are two rings that I wear everyday on my left middle finger. What I know about them: sterling silver, the oval is peridot and the princess is tanzanite. They are both more fiery in real life than in this pic. But you get the general idea...

DSCF5174cropped.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear this on my right hand''s middle finger everyday, and have for about 3 years now. Stats: Sterling silver, trillion Swiss Blue Topaz. This and the peridot oval came as a stack with another RB London Blue Topaz but the pics of that ring haven''t come out so well.. One day I''ll wear them all together and take pics!

DSCF5173cropped.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trio of stackable rings: Sterling silver, two are a weird bluish green (oval and round) and an opal (trillion) in the middle. I''m sorry the pic is so blurry-one day I''ll take a better one of these!

DSCF5078.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that I don''t have Macro on my camera so that''s why these aren''t so great...

Random light teal stones, I got it for Christmas from a family member and I have no idea what they are.
DSCF5093.JPG

Blue Topaz (no idea on the shape besides step-cut square, it''s hard to see because it''s dirty and from a maul store) and tiny RB diamond pendant in WG. It was the first real piece of jewelry I bought myself, and it came with a ring, but that''s one of those pics that I just don''t have yet.
DSCF5100.JPG

The top is a YG oval amethyst bracelet that I got from same family members as the random teal stones above. No idea on the specs...HAHA! I haven''t even counted how many stones there are!
The bottom is the WG sky blue topaz bracelet that I got from BF for Christmas 2007. Those would be pears, and the only thing I know about this is that he bought it at a maul store.
DSCF5113.JPG

Same as above, just close up.
DSCF5115.JPG

And I think that''s about all she wrote for the moment because I''m tired, have school in the morning and those are all of the pics that I have at the moment.

Isolde

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous collection, and rather impressive for a poor college student, might I add.
5.gif
2.gif
I''m in the same boat, and my engagement ring is the first real piece I''ve owned. Hopefully, down the road when I can spend more liberally, I''ll begin adding to the collection!

Isolde

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 2:38:22 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Mystery Necklace from a friend. It has Hebrew letters all over the back and I have no idea what they mean! I''m guessing sterling silver with either aquamarine, blue topaz, blue zircon or even glass. I was told that it was an old piece of costume jewelry.
This one is particularly stunning! Such character! Does she know anything of the history of the piece?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting you collection!I recieved my first piece of jewelry when i was 7 ...a sterling and turquiose ring...i still have it...i started to collect when i was 12 and many of those pieces of silver i still wear today...in high school i would skip lunch and save my lunch money to buy jewelry at local shops...but back in the early 70s, a silver ring was as inexpensive as $1.50...i still have that hammered band and wear it.Keep collecting and look in junk shops,pawn shops and the net for deals...read up and study so you know what your buying and dont buy really expensive jewelry until you are done with your education!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hey Frekechild!
You have a lovely collection!

I really like those blue briolette drops--the earrings and the pendant--maybe they're aquas? That pendant your boyfriend gave you is really nice. I love that mystery necklace too--cool and bold!

More photos of more pieces pleeez.

Coati
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 1:12:24 PM
Author: coatimundi
Hey Frekechild!

I really like those blue briolette drops--the earrings and the pendant--maybe they're aquas? That pendant your boyfriend gave you is really nice. I love that mystery necklace too--cool and bold!

Coati
1.gif
I'm wondering if those are aqua (blue) chalcedony? Very pretty!

Jewelry need not be expensive to be fun to wear. Some of my favorite pieces are silver with pretty stones. I love the pretty colors!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 11:36:31 AM
Author: Isolde
Date: 1/30/2008 2:38:22 AM

Author: FrekeChild

This one is particularly stunning! Such character! Does she know anything of the history of the piece?

I love that piece, it''s an attention getter. And it''s so mysterious. I am no longer friends with her, so I can''t ask.
28.gif

Basically all I know is that it''s old, made of sterling silver, costume jewelry and has Hebrew on the back. There are two additional links about it: In Hangout. They include more pics and have info from people who can actually read what the back says. It''s been a fascinating process and I''ve managed to butcher drawing the Hebrew characters (they''re really hard to duplicate!).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 11:59:35 AM
Author: jewelerman
Thanks for posting you collection!I recieved my first piece of jewelry when i was 7 ...a sterling and turquiose ring...i still have it...i started to collect when i was 12 and many of those pieces of silver i still wear today...in high school i would skip lunch and save my lunch money to buy jewelry at local shops...but back in the early 70s, a silver ring was as inexpensive as $1.50...i still have that hammered band and wear it.Keep collecting and look in junk shops,pawn shops and the net for deals...read up and study so you know what your buying and dont buy really expensive jewelry until you are done with your education!

Oh, I''m always on the lookout. My last purchase was the tanzanite from a local artist who sells everything at wholesale. Cost me $15. Can''t beat that! The only things that may cost more than $100 are the set that I bought (120ish) and whatever gifts I''ve been given. I''m probably going to make my biggest purchase ever when I get my first loose gemstone, and then the BF will get the setting (for my birthday in April). As for more grandiose pieces, they probably won''t ever be my bag, I buy what I want, and luckily it''s pretty cheap most of the time.
9.gif
The only serious jewelry I will probably ever own is my mom''s 1.5 carat iceberg of a princess cut. But I''m sure I won''t wear it much! Thanks for the advice JM!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Coati! I will try to take more pics of other stuff later tonight. The BF has class late, so I''ll be home by myself and won''t be motivated enough to do schoolwork. I have more pieces floating around, so don''t worry, more pics are on the way!!
21.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 5:30:24 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Date: 1/30/2008 1:12:24 PM

Author: coatimundi

Hey Frekechild!

I really like those blue briolette drops--the earrings and the pendant--maybe they''re aquas? That pendant your boyfriend gave you is really nice. I love that mystery necklace too--cool and bold!

Coati
1.gif
I''m wondering if those are aqua (blue) chalcedony? Very pretty!

Jewelry need not be expensive to be fun to wear. Some of my favorite pieces are silver with pretty stones. I love the pretty colors!

I have absolutely no idea what they are. Think a jeweler could give me a better idea if I were to take them to one?

merricks_girl

Rough_Rock
Nice collection! I think your mystery stones are chalcedony - I love it and have quite a few things with it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty collection, FrekeChild! For a poor college student you have quite a lot! Thank you for sharing your pretties with us.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty collection FrekeChild.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh oh, I took pictures of everything today...So I guess I''ll post everything now, so it''s all in one place on PS.

Briolette Earring on the ear shot! I''m going to have to check out pics of other chalcedony...

DSCF5209.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stacked Sterling silver bezel set solitaires.
From top to bottom:
Trillion Swiss blue topaz
RB London Blue Topaz
Oval Peridot

I''ve figured out that the best lighting in our place is from the halogens in the kitchen...

DSCF5212.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two Sterling silver rings I got from my old roommate.
Left-Onyx, right-really light oval amethyst
I don''t think I''ve ever worn them. She didn''t get my taste apparently.

DSCF5257.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a 14kt YG birthstone ring I got for my 13th birthday from my mom. It''s a diamond and it''s so tiny that I couldn''t really get a decent pic of it, but I think you can get the general idea from the pic. This is probably my most cherished piece of jewelry because my parents aren''t big fine jewelry people and have bought me very few pieces.

DSCF5261.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the infamous diamond solitaire that I found in the parking lot of a long ago workplace. It''s 14kt YG and I''ve had it diamond tested. I offered it to DKS as a "Dot Over an i Solitaire" but she wouldn''t take me up on it. The band is really chewed up, which I got a couple of shots of.

DKS--You can still have it if you want it!!! It''s cute and has more fire than you''d think from a diamond found in a parking lot!!

DSCF5272.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear it because the shank is broken and it PINCHES big time!

DSCF5280.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. It''s mangled. And I need to get a better camera.

DSCF5281.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spent way too much time snapping pics of my tanzanite and got some ok fire shots so I decided to post them all. I think this is the blue fire one.
10.gif

DSCF5285.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little more fire...

DSCF5287.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for fire!

These pics would have been so much better if I had macro...

DSCF5290.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The WG blue topaz pendant with a tiny RB diamond above it. Except this time on my neck.

DSCF5296.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matching WG and blue topaz ring that came with the above necklace. Has two tiny diamonds on the side, but one fell out.
7.gif

DSCF5237.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results