shape
carat
color
clarity

A peach sapphire hunt for e-ring

dknorris

Rough_Rock
pinkjewel|1446494505|3944853 said:
And I think the MC sapphire is a very pretty color- but I wonder if recutting to close the window would also change the shading of it. Also, since it says it is "slightly included"- what are the inclusions since it says they are easily eye visible?

I was told it would be lighter in color if it were to be re cut at this point.
With my novice eye I had assumed it would be the bottom left and right areas? But really I have no clue.

AtlanticGem

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am new to this community and this is my first post, **edited by moderator, please read our policies**

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
AtlanticGem, please read our policies.

AtlanticGem

Rough_Rock
Trade
I did read the policies, I only showed a picture of four peach sapphires we collect.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
AtlanticGem|1446670158|3945737 said:
I did read the policies, I only showed a picture of four peach sapphires we collect.

We don't allow trade members to promote their businesses or show their merchandise, our trade policies are available here for you to read again just in case:

https://www.pricescope.com/content/forum-policies

AtlanticGem

Rough_Rock
Trade
I appreciate your help, and I re-read the policy, but I only posted a picture of items I personally collect for an example of color, i did not solicit any sale

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AtlanticGem|1446670573|3945743 said:
I appreciate your help, and I re-read the policy, but I only posted a picture of items I personally collect for an example of color, i did not solicit any sale

It is stated clearly here:
Trade members must not promote nor condemn other businesses (unless there are evidences of misconduct or illegal practices). This includes promoting your own business through posting of your own jewelry, except in specific moderator-approved threads.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I apologise for the restrictive policies, but we have had many issues in the past with vendors claiming something was their own only to see it for sale a few weeks later after everyone "oogled". So we have these policies to stop that problem.

AtlanticGem

Rough_Rock
Trade
I do not wish to sell anything on this forum, but I wanted to disclose my background, as well as provide information about stones.

Although I am part of the industry, I do have a passion and appreciate stones, and its still a personal hobby to collect for personal use.

I do not list any of my personal items on any website for sale.

And I still think its beneficial to the forum if I share information of examples of color on this site even though I am in the trade.

I have a long-term relationship with one of the trusted vendors on the list, and I do not wish to disclose that publicly, only to a moderator

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
AtlanticGem|1446671449|3945753 said:
I do not wish to sell anything on this forum, but I wanted to disclose my background, as well as provide information about stones.

Although I am part of the industry, I do have a passion and appreciate stones, and its still a personal hobby to collect for personal use.

I do not list any of my personal items on any website for sale.

And I still think its beneficial to the forum if I share information of examples of color on this site even though I am in the trade.

I have a long-term relationship with one of the trusted vendors on the list, and I do not wish to disclose that publicly, only to a moderator

All vendors or trade members must abide by these policies, unfortunately it has nothing to do with whether someone is a PS sponsor or not.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1446493391|3944842 said:
Niel|1446492865|3944838 said:
thats a lovely design, though. how much money is set aside for the setting?

That setting is going to be pricey.

Are you wanting white gold or platinum for the setting? That setting will probably run you around $1800-$2200 in platinum providing the jeweler doesn't hit you with a custom design fee.

Edit:
Opps I just saw where you said the designer is selling a similar setting for $2300 in 18k Gold. I think that's high but my jeweler tends to be on the lower side of pricing for custom stuff.

~Justin

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I ran across this ring while looking at setting ideas for mine. Cushion sapphire they are listing as a Pad, but I don't know if they have documentation. It's a bit smaller than you wanted (mm not listed), but it's 1.11 cts and they are saying VVS-so it would be clean. I think the setting looks well done with nice claw prongs-18t rose gold. listed at $6175.00 for the complete ring. If you're interested let me know and I'll give you their contact info (they are a well regarded husband and wife custom jewelry boutique) and you can get additional details if you're interested.

parker_complete_top.jpg

dknorris

Rough_Rock
pinkjewel

Yes, I would like to have their info please! Thank you for the suggestion.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
dknorris|1446829914|3946325 said:
pinkjewel

Here you go.
Brian and Lily Booth at Booth Custom Jewlers
919 809- 3180 email is [email protected]

eta- I was in the area and stopped by to view it. I did not take a loupe out and examine it, but here were my thoughts. The sapphire is pretty and looks well cut- but it's not large.Of course my ring finger is 6.5 so considerably larger than yours. The ring is very, very delicate. Micropave halo and when I asked the diamond size they used .9mm diamonds- so half pointers and the halo is tilted nicely. The shank of the ring is also extremely delicate. The ring is sized at around 3 and 1/2 and somewhat sizable. They were pretty sure (?) there were multiple certificates on the sapphire, but I did not get into specifics although they thought there was a GIA. Although they made the ring custom for someone a few years ago- I believe it is back to them on consignment. They said if someone was interested in just the sapphire they would see if she'd sell without the setting.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
pinkjewel|1446836927|3946359 said:
pinkjewel

Here you go.

eta- I was in the area and stopped by to view it. I did not take a loupe out and examine it, but here were my thoughts. The sapphire is pretty and looks well cut- but it's not large.Of course my ring finger is 6.5 so considerably larger than yours. The ring is very, very delicate. Micropave halo and when I asked the diamond size they used .9mm diamonds- so half pointers and the halo is tilted nicely. The shank of the ring is also extremely delicate. The ring is sized at around 3 and 1/2 and somewhat sizable. They were pretty sure (?) there were multiple certificates on the sapphire, but I did not get into specifics although they thought there was a GIA. Although they made the ring custom for someone a few years ago- I believe it is back to them on consignment. They said if someone was interested in just the sapphire they would see if she'd sell without the setting.

I sent them an email to get more information. I like the delicate design of it. Do you feel the photo accurately depicts the coloring of the sapphire? I will ask about the certs as well.
Thanks!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
dknorris|1446840832|3946387 said:
pinkjewel|1446836927|3946359 said:
pinkjewel

Here you go.

I sent them an email to get more information. I like the delicate design of it. Do you feel the photo accurately depicts the coloring of the sapphire? I will ask about the certs as well.
Thanks!

yes- I'd say the color is pretty accurate-maybe just a bit lighter in person? To see the size ask them to put it on someone's finger- I think that might help visualize it better. I should have thought to take a photo, but it didn't even fit my pinky-lol.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
From the Picture the stone looks to brown to be classified as a Pad and at 1.1cts $6,000 seems high

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
MJO|1446842579|3946399 said:
From the Picture the stone looks to brown to be classified as a Pad and at 1.1cts $6,000 seems high

Hmmm... it didn't seem brown in person, but I do think if the gem briefs don't label it as a Pad then I agree with you that the ring is too expensive.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Niel Well, all three of the sapphires I was looking at from Pearlman's are already sold including the one you found so no vendor pics will be available unless one the sales doesn't go through but the search continues!

If anyone sees a Spinel with these same specs please let me know. I'm open to them as well.

I have a story to share with you all in the meantime.

A small group of us were sitting at the dining table last night discussing diamonds because a close friend has purchased one and is keeping it safe until he is ready to set it. He wanted reassurance that buying this diamond now was an okay thing to do. A few people said "of course" that diamonds were the only thing to give to your intended and that they were so clean and uniform looking and rare. While this conversation was unfolding I just laughed to myself and all I could think at the time was "Diamonds? Rare?! You people have obviously never searched for a peach/Pad sapphire. That's like searching for a mythical unicorn!"
I know many of you can relate. ;))

coas222

Rough_Rock
Hey Dknorris,

I am in Bangkok at the moment and there is a large selection of stones on offer here. It is actually what sparked my recent interest in gemstones.

I am going for a second look at a Violet Sapphire that caught my eye tomorrow. I will keep an eye out for anything that matches your description and be sure to post some photos if i happen to find anything. :)

dknorris

Rough_Rock
I had inquired about a peach sapphire from a vendor that was on reserve but it did not end up selling. It is the shape I want and I do like the color. See info and photos below and let me know your thoughts on this one please.

Gem Type: Sapphire
Cost Per Carat: $2,450.00
Price: $2,597.00

Variety/Color: PADPARADSCHA
Weight: 1.06.ct
Cut/Shape: CUSHION
Measurements: 5.30mm(width) x 6.15mm(length)
Origin: CEYLON
Pieces: 1
Enhancement: None Heated

Grs cert This beautiful gemstone is from ceylon and has a total carat weight of 1.06ct.

I do not know much about certs other than GIA is typically best to have. Is GRS adequate though?

_35306.jpg

_788.jpeg

attachment-2.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GRS is fine for your purpose. Are you all right with the small window? I don't think anyone wants to tweak it because it will drop under the magic 1 ct mark.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just came on to post the Litnon one, but I see MJO posted it above. While the AGL cert does state "brownish", some are more sensitive to this than others, and I see brownish in many of the ones shown above that you like, so it might work. A little above your budget, but he might be a little flex on price, it would be worth an ask. Unheated, and in your preferred shape and size, too.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Yes, I did take a look at the Litnon one but, to me, it's a little more bright pink than I'd like.

I did see a few "blush" colored spinels at Gemcal and I know they are the vendor list but the prices seem almost too good to be true.
This one caught my eye: http://gemcal.com/blush-fancy-spinel-1-49-cts-1251

Anyone have any buying experience from them that can chime in on this?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spinels are typically priced a lot less than sapphires. The price seems right for an almost colourless spinel with a strong brownish modifier.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Now that I'm thinking about it, am I doing myself a disservice by trying to have a very pale sapphire or spinel? The spinels that I'm finding are very inexpensive and not that I'm wanting a small fortune to be spent but I'm starting to wonder if the stone will be too underwhelming for an e-ring. Personally, I'm not a fan of the "fire" or rainbow flashes a diamond sets off but I don't want a boring stone either. I'm starting to consider a white sapphire in my searches since coming across a beautiful one from the Gary B. website :drool:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, a white sapphire is very boring. Just white and has to be kept clean all the time. No fire. Just white. I think you need to look at some gemstones in person to decide exactly what you want.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Yeah, you are right. I should have some in hand to really see what I want. Thank you for the info on white sapphires.
I saw someone mention on this forum having vendors send stones on memo? Is that a common practice or do you have to go through the process of buying and refunds until you find the ONE?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most common scenario is to buy and return, and as you can tell, it can get pricey with all the shipping back and forth. Visit some stores if you are in a big city or go to a gem show. Memos are only when you've developed a really REALLY good relationship and even so, it is quite a rare thing for a vendor to trust the customer that much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results