shape
carat
color
clarity

A nice, juicy pear!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! After a lot of consideration, I decided to purchase a new “engagement” ring to match the gorgeous band my husband gifted me for my birthday.

Our 14th anniversary is this year and I decided on a 1.4 ct pear in a simple setting that matched my seven stone band. It’s a wider band than many I see posted here but I wanted something with more heft! I spent a looong time choosing a pear with proportions and facet pattern that appealed to me.

First, my beloved original engagement ring and band: 367EEAA1-9C03-4170-B605-0EE2ED3015A8.jpeg

H

Horsegirl76

I love a 1.4 for a 14th anniversary! Happy anniversary and beautiful ring. I just did a 1.7 for my 17th! :kiss2:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I love a 1.4 for a 14th anniversary! Happy anniversary and beautiful ring. I just did a 1.7 for my 17th! :kiss2:
I saw your post after I had ordered mine! I love your anniversary upgrade! I feel so lucky to be able to comfortably splurge, it’s been such a hard year and this is a bright (E-colored) spot for sure.

Lara khzam

Rough_Rock
It is actually from Blue Nile! It’s the Luna style in 1ctw total in platinum.

Nice !

I’m new here

I got married few days ago and got amazing diamonds!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade! It’s gorgeous. I like how you chose more substantial side stones, I haven’t seen that before really with a pear. Looks wonderful and love the orchid backdrop!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade! It’s gorgeous. I like how you chose more substantial side stones, I haven’t seen that before really with a pear. Looks wonderful and love the orchid backdrop!
Thank you! I appreciate your kind words- I knew that I liked the look but the prevailing trends seem to be for thinner bands with pave and halos, especially with pear shapes. I really love “chunkier” jewelry so I feel like it follows my personal taste.

I’ve managed to keep a few of my orchids alive and in bloom- one of my hobbies!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and it looks great with your new band! Congrats on your new rings!

P

Petalouda

Beautiful ring and band! I love the chunkier look! Looks fantastic on your hand. Wear in good health!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I appreciate your kind words- I knew that I liked the look but the prevailing trends seem to be for thinner bands with pave and halos, especially with pear shapes. I really love “chunkier” jewelry so I feel like it follows my personal taste.

I’ve managed to keep a few of my orchids alive and in bloom- one of my hobbies!

Yes, the trend is for thin bands or halos with pears. That’s why I really like how unique your ring is and as a set.

Orchids... What a great hobby! I always manage to kill orchids eventually. :lol: I love the yellow ones especially!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful. Congratulations!

Q

Queenie60

Happy Anniversary - your pear is beautiful! Enjoy and wishing you many more years of happiness and celebration bling!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juicy indeed! Yummmmm! :love:
Happy Anniversary!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, quite an upgrade, and thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely and great to see other shaped diamonds. Congratulations.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! Its a lovely pear!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Happy anniversary! Wishing you many more years of joy together with dh & beautiful bling!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! You doubled your bling factor!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Happy Anniversary!

What a phenomenal upgrade!! Diamonds as far as the eye can see!!
So bright and white!
It looks really beautiful on you. Wishing you joy and delight each time you glance at it!! May you and dear hubby live in love, happiness and sparkly fun!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your upgrade! I love a fatty pear and yours is gorgeous as is your band.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
It’s lovely and great to see other shaped diamonds. Congratulations.

Thank you! My mother has a pear engagement ring - she actually bought the diamond for herself at an auction after they were married, redesigned her wedding band, had it melted down and recreated. I grew up thinking that shape of diamond was so elegant and it makes me think of her when i wear it. I’m glad fancy shaped stones are having a moment, feels like there is good selection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results