shape
carat
color
clarity

A new ring...but with some disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
hmmm..might need to get out the ole'' purple cape on this one..LOL
9.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The ring looks really nice, love the stone. Sorry about the dodgy seller though.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Too bad you had to go through all that but the setting is very nice (even if it''s lightweight and the wrong size) and the stone is very sparkly.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is their ring, not sized.

arcringnosized1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring I wear all the time, sized 8.5

arcringother1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings side by side.

Any now the seller is acting like a psycho, saying I''m lying that I won''t send it back and saying that suspicious. Uh, after you had it for 4 weeks and apparently didn''t do the work I asked for on the onset I''m NOT sending it back. Hell its not even about the 27.00 anymore because they''re now just being crazy.

-A

1sidebysidecompare1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you send the seller those pictures above to prove that it''s not sized? I can''t believe that they''re whining so much about a $27 fee.
20.gif
I''m sorry you have to deal with this.

It also costs money to send a ring back, did they factor that into your inconvenience?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring, but I would be mad, too! I hope your jeweler can size it.

May I ask where you found the sphene?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2009 9:24:11 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Did you send the seller those pictures above to prove that it''s not sized? I can''t believe that they''re whining so much about a $27 fee.
20.gif
I''m sorry you have to deal with this.

It also costs money to send a ring back, did they factor that into your inconvenience?
TL, stop being so reasonable! *lol* Of course not.

They don''t care if I have pictures, they think I''m lying and somehow magically shrunk the damn ring
20.gif
They are not factoring in the inconvenience of me having to send it back either. And yeah they''re whining about 27 bucks. In the grand scheme of things, its nothing, the setting was 175.00.

The last email before they started harrassing me I told them its now less about the money and more about their actions, and their actions are speaking loud and clear. I sent emails to ebay and paypal now. They want the neg removed and it will not happen.

They said I damaged their reputation. They did that all by themselves.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2009 10:03:31 AM
Author: glitterata
Pretty ring, but I would be mad, too! I hope your jeweler can size it.

May I ask where you found the sphene?
glitterata, the seller I purchased the sphene from is exportgems on ebay. They usually have some great pieces for sell.

-A

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Arcadian.

Stand by your neg! You''re doing other ebayers a big favor by telling the truth.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I finished reading your post, I was already cringing. I was sure they are going to switch or damage your stone.
29.gif
Sorry that they messed up your order. It looks very pretty on your finger though.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talked to a paypal rep today about it today. I had to let them know that I like the ring, though its lightweight just that they didn''t do what I asked and had the proof to show it. Then I told him I only want 27.00.

All was silent on the other side of the line. I told him that if he read what I said to the seller, he''ll see that all I asked for back was 27.00. So he''s reading away and all and he see''s the convos back and forth and he''s like yeah, I see that, but, paypal unfortunately can''t force the guy to give back a partial refund (though they SHOULD). Its either all or nothing.

But I told the him I would stand by the negative because I don''t reward bad customer service.

So we''ll see.

If the stone had been expensive there would have been NO WAY I would have sent it to be set. But it still looks great with the setting, that is something we can all agree on.

I need to find someone that makes art deco settings that won''t pull a nutty.

As for the ring, my jeweler said he can resize but I may have to add gold later on
7.gif

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An FYI for everyone: I''ll be sending this setting back. I''m actually happy to as its a reminder of how much of a hassle the entire purchase was.

Tomorrow my jeweler is going to remove my stone from it and prep it for another setting I purchased from American Set. Its a gorgeous setting and I got a feeling I''m going to love it a heck of a lot more.

Thanks for letting me vent through this whole thing, you guys rock!

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results