shape
carat
color
clarity

A new ring...but with some disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
some of you guys may remember that I purchased an art deco setting on ebay.

Here's the stone

arcspheneyum.jpg

Here's the ring:

ringphotoarcdeco.jpg

THe setting was purchased from ebay user mydiamondzone.

First, let me just say that the setting is gorgeous though very very lightweight. I can't say I liked that part.

2nd and probably most important. After I purchased the setting I asked that they resize the ring to 8.5 because I want to wear it on the middle finger. So they charge me 27 bucks for resizing and redipping in rhodium. They wanted to keep it for 3 weeks. Ok that sounds kind of shady but ok, they had really good feedback. I said fine, if you keep it for that long you set the stone. The stone was a cheap thrill and I'll be honest, I have another one thats similar so was ok sending it. They said ok we'll set it no problem if you send it.

Man why did I send them money? Worst customer service ever! I would ask for updates and get dead air.
Then got me mixed up with another customer.
20.gif

One email they told me they sent it, another email the next day would tell me they didn't.
20.gif

Ok so FINALLY they actually give me tracking info after I threaten action through paypal because of no response.

I get the setting, and they set the stone, but did they size it? NO
29.gif

So Now I'm fighting with them through paypal to get my 27.00 fee back.

At any rate, if you're looking at their stuff, just be aware that though the rings nice looking, they are light weight and they have pretty bad customer service if you have to have extra work done.

Will post pics in a sec.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a side view

arcring2of10.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the hand (it won''t even go past the knuckle
29.gif
)

arcring3of10.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another finger view.

Man it sucks because I actually LIKE this setting for this stone. ARG!!!!!

arcring4of10.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aww bummer Arcadian - i hope you do leave them appropriate feedback (definitely neutral but I would have left negative- just me though0 even if they resolved becuase you had to threaten them and it shouldn't be the case. Glad to know as I have saved and watched some items from them before and just couldn't quite commit. It is quite a lovely setting though.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinky view

arcring11of11.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your frustrations with the vendor, but thanks for letting us know about that ebay seller. You''re right though, the ring looks beautiful!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 8:27:23 PM
Author: D&T
aww bummer Arcadian - i hope you do leave them appropriate feedback (definitely neutral but I would have left negative- just me though0 even if they resolved becuase you had to threaten them and it shouldn''t be the case. Glad to know as I have saved and watched some items from them before and just couldn''t quite commit. It is quite a lovely setting though.
Oh they got a neg. I have NEVER left a neg before because I have always given folks leeway. If they had refunded without me having to go through all kinds of hell then they would have gotten a neutral, after they called me a liar and said the assistant for sure KNEW it was resized, they got a neg.

My guy said he''d try to resize it but the metal is sooo thin!
7.gif

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My aloe decided she wanted to play.

arcring5of10.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Austin Nut- your ring is stunning and i love the color of your gemstone. I had that ebay vendor saved on my list and I was actually going to bid on a ring of their''s today- I''m glad i read your post first! I will no longer be bidding!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gives an idea of how thin the metal is.

arcring6of10.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside from being very thin metal the setting is damn hollow. However, its gorgous. man man man....
39.gif

arcring10of10.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and here''s the guest model. She''s quite the big girl
21.gif

-A

arcaloe.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 8:34:34 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
I agree with Austin Nut- your ring is stunning and i love the color of your gemstone. I had that ebay vendor saved on my list and I was actually going to bid on a ring of their''s today- I''m glad i read your post first! I will no longer be bidding!

I wouldn''t want anyone to go through all that. If they had crappy feedback I would have never purchased, but feedback was really good so I went for it. I now hate that I did honestly.

My jeweler looked it over and said they did do a good job with setting the stone, and having that basket protects it quite well. The diamonds are also nice (though they are truly miniscule chips) But, the thiness of the metal is very troublesome. He will let me know tomorrow what can be done
39.gif

-A

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the bad experience . . .
39.gif
Whew, with all the mixups, we might want to throw a party that you actually got the right ring with YOUR stone in it! Sometimes I wonder why people can''t do anything right anymore. lol

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 8:32:48 PM
Author: Arcadian

aww bummer Arcadian - i hope you do leave them appropriate feedback (definitely neutral but I would have left negative- just me though0 even if they resolved becuase you had to threaten them and it shouldn''t be the case. Glad to know as I have saved and watched some items from them before and just couldn''t quite commit. It is quite a lovely setting though.
Oh they got a neg. I have NEVER left a neg before because I have always given folks leeway. If they had refunded without me having to go through all kinds of hell then they would have gotten a neutral, after they called me a liar and said the assistant for sure KNEW it was resized, they got a neg.

7.gif

-A
23.gif
sounds like a terrible seller. Glad you gave them a neg. but I''m glad they didn''t harm your stone though. its very beautiful.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 9:21:15 PM

Date: 9/16/2009 8:32:48 PM

7.gif

-A
23.gif
sounds like a terrible seller. Glad you gave them a neg. but I''m glad they didn''t harm your stone though. its very beautiful.

The stone vendor on the other hand is really good and very professional. I''ve purchased from them about 5-6 times already *lol* The stone is a sphene and they usually carry quite a few pieces of it. Its pretty soft which is why this type of setting was ideal.

-A

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry you had such a bad time with them but the ring really is very pretty and I love the color of the stone. Are you going to have someone else resize it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry about your aggravation with the setting dealer, but the ring is gorgeous!! It also looks really good next to your skin tone.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry
7.gif

The ring is LOVELY though!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ catmom: My jeweler has it right now. He said he''d let me know what could be done. Of course he gave me "the look"
20.gif

@TL. Its really just a gorgeous setting but feels like it came out of a 25cent candy machine. I will say that the diamonds at least ARE as stated in the ring, but the other stuff just ticks me off to no end.
29.gif

The standard LOGR settings are much more sturdier feeling. I guess their normal customer doesn''t care what the gold feels like as long as it looks good.

Everytime I looked at the ring I would just fall in love with how intricate it is and how pretty the basket is and how it looks with the stone. I''d like it better if I could actually get it on all the way!

This pic just makes me totally love what this ring and stone combo.
39.gif

-A

arcring14of14.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your experience. Don''t ya just wish people could DO their jobs right???

The ring is lovely tho. I think the setting is right for the stone. Hope it can be resized!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear your experience but the ring is gorgeous.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Bummer about the ebay vendor.... beautiful stone and ring!

This is a random question but do you know the name of your paint color in the aloe pic? I am getting ready to paint a couple rooms so I''m on the lookout for the perfect color. My wood floor is the same color as yours and I have dark furniture and similar curtains too. That paint color is perfect! It''s kind of green-grey, right? TIA!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry you are having such a bad time with the ring. I think negative feedback was appropriate for this situation.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 11:20:16 PM
Author: TanDogMom

This is a random question but do you know the name of your paint color in the aloe pic? I am getting ready to paint a couple rooms so I'm on the lookout for the perfect color. My wood floor is the same color as yours and I have dark furniture and similar curtains too. That paint color is perfect! It's kind of green-grey, right? TIA!

I don't knnow how I ended up losing an entire response (mercury in retrograde!) But the color on the walls is Contemplation and on the Ceiling is Quietude. Both are Behr Colors (I used that color instead of stark white which I hate on ceilings)

The color changes a lot but I'm fine with that. It goes from being more green at mid day to more gray in the evening. I personally like that.

The room is quite large though at 27 ft long x 17 ft wide and we have lots of windows (including skylights.)

-A

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
That sucks..good thing you let others know whats up..I love the shot of the ring on the knuckle...LOL....what a shame you can''t even get it on..very nice stone though

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 12:01:24 AM
Date: 9/16/2009 11:20:16 PM

Author: TanDogMom

This is a random question but do you know the name of your paint color in the aloe pic? I am getting ready to paint a couple rooms so I''m on the lookout for the perfect color. My wood floor is the same color as yours and I have dark furniture and similar curtains too. That paint color is perfect! It''s kind of green-grey, right? TIA!

I don''t knnow how I ended up losing an entire response (mercury in retrograde!) But the color on the walls is Contemplation and on the Ceiling is Quietude. Both are Behr Colors (I used that color instead of stark white which I hate on ceilings)

The color changes a lot but I''m fine with that. It goes from being more green at mid day to more gray in the evening. I personally like that.

The room is quite large though at 27 ft long x 17 ft wide and we have lots of windows (including skylights.)

-A

Cool, thanks so much! I will pick up a chip next time I am at Lowes! I like Behr paint too. My house is mostly beige right now and it just does nothing for showing off the floors or furniture. It all looks too brown. I think a color like that would be great. I''m jealous that you have tons of light. We don''t - house faces the wrong way. Oh well!
Thanks again :) and enjoy your ring!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful setting that would be if it were heavier! (And of course, the right size.)

And the sphene totally reminds me of the color of Mountain Dew/Mellow Yellow.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all.

Oh and now the seller is harassing me because I left them a neg.

this is just do freaking much!

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results