shape
carat
color
clarity

A mistake to buy pre-mounted stone via internet???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buenvino

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am thinking about spending some hard-earned cash on a "Cut Above" Hearts and Arrows diamond through the internet. I''ve done my research (thanks Pricescope!). Well, it''s for an engagement ring and I am also thinking of having it mounted on a four-prong solitaire setting with platinum band. I just want to know...
am I doing something stupid to have the stone mounted on the setting before they send it to me and I get to look at it as a loose stone??? I have heard that the company (Whiteflash) is reputable but I just don''t know if I''m making a serious mistake. Any thoughts???

Thanks!
-Buenvino

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I asked for and recieved real h&a photos and inclusion photos along with the info on the website and all looked great Id have no problem with whiteflash sending me a mounted aca diamond.

Its first visit would be to an appraiser for a once over then a call to my insurance company to get it covered.
But thats true of any diamond over $500 from any vendor.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d feel comfortable having a preset stone sent to me if the stone is inscribed so it can be matched to the certificate. What it comes down to is the final package and if the diamond looks fabulous in the setting and matches the color, clarity, GIA (or whichever lab) than I''d be pleased.

buenvino

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your opinion - I feel much better going ahead with it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results