shape
carat
color
clarity

A milestone piece - what would you get?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
First of all congratulations on your wedding. May you have many many many happy decades filled with love and laughter and much joy.

This is an easy one for me. I already have my dream ring but if I could get another it would be an emerald cut diamond ring. Antique and 8 carats in size. LOL that is now the only thing I could even think about wanting as I really have everything I ever wanted

Whatever you decide may it bring you much blingy joy :appl:

Love it! 8 carats! I could live with a mere six carat as well. Thank you so much for the well wishes

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Annamaria Cammilli: the ring is from Sultana collection, the pendants are from Prestige collection
annamariacammilli_gan1814_ring_1200x1200.jpg

Wow!! I love the gold colors on that! Fully agree with your thoughts on those designers, the pieces you posted are all so Luxe

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hi!
Options based on what I wear (and enjoy) almost everyday:
- diamond solitaire necklace;
- diamond fancy pendant;
- dbty necklace;
- SS Cartier watch;
- yellow gold solid bracelets;
- diamond multistone band.
I would add diamond studs and diamond huggies to the list, but you're not interested.

My experience with a tennis bracelet: mine has small diamonds (five pointers) and I love it so much, but I rarely wear it because:
- I'm terrified of losing it (I lost three tennis bracelets in the past; the one I have now has a heavier setting but I find myself babycaring when I put it on...not a pleasant feeling for me!)
- since I wear it on my left wrist, I have to take off my watch (paranoid about scratching both the watch and the bracelet) and I get anxious without a watch to check the time.

Whoa! Good to know about losing tennis bracelet. I tend to lose earrings all the time, but I’ve also lost a few bracelets and watches along the way, perhaps a necklace is the safest bet?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I already consider my Octavia to be my Milestone Piece. :kiss2:
But the gift to paid for something new, that I'd also like to have would have to be enormous.

It would be an FCD that GIA graded:
2 to 3 ct (after cutting)
Color: Fancy Red, or Blue or Green in Fancy Intense or Fancy Vivid.
VS1 or better
Earth-mined
Untreated color
No nonsense like inclusions drilled out by laser

It would take a long time to search the planet for rough (or a very huge polished FCD) large enough to polish most of the weight away to become an Octavia, cut by our own Diagem.

The budget would have to be in the millions because first I'd first donate half of the gift to a worthy charity or the political party that is not determined to destroy American democracy and worship a dictator.

I'd also first send an extremely large monetary gift to KarlK and our own DiaGem, the Octavia cutter in Israel.

This 7-figure gem would not be set in gold or platinum.
It would be tension set in Cobalt Chrome by Boonerings.

I'd wear it and my white Octavia on alternate days.

Love it! It’s been a dream of mine to have a fancy diamond cut by Yoram. Did I tell you I recently acquired a ring with a minuscule blue gray diamond? I thought of you. It’s honestly not even worth taking a picture of it, it has to be about half a point. I wish I could magnifier by 20x, lol. I’d love a gorgeous half carat pink too.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Here are some ideas for you.

I had an open cuff bangle made with my mum's MRB without the notches at the ends. This way, it will be more comfortable to wear when I am working with my laptop.

As for tennis bracelet with diamonds on the top only, how about a curved bar set with diamonds, with chains on both sides? This way, the bar will sit nicely on the top without slipping to the inside of the wrist, like the ID-style bracelet I made with carré cut stones:

idbracelet_01s-jpg.586330
idbracelet_02s-jpg.586331

DK :))

Your bracelet is so gorgeous! Wow! The flash must be lovely. I had not seen it yet!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a dbty necklace? I think they are very wearable and can be casual or dressy and can be worn every day. I find that wearing any kind of bangle when working at my computer is bothersome, so before I went that route, I'd suggest buying an inexpensive costume one and trying it out while you are working.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Roberto coin ventitian collection is gorgeous. A bangle bracelet or something would be delightful

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet is so gorgeous! Wow! The flash must be lovely. I had not seen it yet!!

Thanks for the kind words - it was made in 2016 in time for my trip to LA!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
a necklace

not a watch
i got a nice exspensive (for the time) watch for my 21st
never wore it as i had a practicle job where i got dirty and often wet
the watch sat in a drawer and went flat and the battery acid ate the spindal
i felt obliged to get it fixed $300 20 years ago
again never wore it because had job where i got dirty and wet
.....its flat again too

wish it had been a necklace instead

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
So I’ve found three contenders - one - 5ct riviera that is pretty affordable (pre-loved and from a vendor I trust) and is so adorable that it leaves some budget for earrings, two - a 10ct riviera firmly within budget but no room for anything else, or three - a 15ct riveria, way over budget, but wow.

Going for wearability but also joy - what would you do? My heart wants the 15ct. Big time. But…1) I’d be spending some serious $$ and adding to my parents budget, making it sort of a weird mostly but not fully gift and I’m not sure how they’d feel about that 2) will a 15ct necklace look totally ostentatious? I like a little drama - but never have I ever worn double digits of diamonds.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy choices! These are always fun threads.

I LOVE Riviera necklaces. They grab you in ways that are tempting!!!

I might buy one IF I could wear it long and doubled as a bracelet.

cheers--Sharon

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any ideas?

I did not read every post and I love this idea but what are your "gaps"? That may help you get better-tailored answers.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer a gift to be fully gifted,not to be topped up.
Hence a 10ct would be my choice (if I were you).
A 10ct would be substantial & yet not OTT, hence could be worn rather casually.

Just my 2cents

So I’ve found three contenders - one - 5ct riviera that is pretty affordable (pre-loved and from a vendor I trust) and is so adorable that it leaves some budget for earrings, two - a 10ct riviera firmly within budget but no room for anything else, or three - a 15ct riveria, way over budget, but wow.

Going for wearability but also joy - what would you do? My heart wants the 15ct. Big time. But…1) I’d be spending some serious $$ and adding to my parents budget, making it sort of a weird mostly but not fully gift and I’m not sure how they’d feel about that 2) will a 15ct necklace look totally ostentatious? I like a little drama - but never have I ever worn double digits of diamonds.

I think it totally depends on two factors:

1) how blingy of a person you are - personally, I’d have no problem wearing a 15ct riviera casually. I don’t know how many stones it has, but it would work out to something like 18.75-25pts per stone if I take an average of 60-80 stones. And imo while that is beautiful and substantial it’s not SO much that it can’t be worn everyday!

2) how your parents would feel about you topping up the gift amount - mine wouldn’t mind at all. FWIW I wouldn’t either. I have had a situation where I gave a friend a monetary gift towards her wedding (and asked her to buy herself something with it) - she purchased a pendant and ended up adding some money to my budget to get herself exactly what she wanted. She still considers that pendant a gift from me.

Maybe just have a chat with your parents and see what they’d think of the idea? If they don’t seem okay with it I’d go for the 10ct riviera.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have planned to be in Japan for a milestone birthday, and a visit to Kobe is on the card.

The item on top of my Bling Wish list now is a strand of blue Tahitian pearls, and I am hoping to get that when I am in Kobe.

Other than that, and apart from setting my collection of CSs, I don't really want anything else!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a statement pendant or brooch-pendant to get more wear out of it?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

My best advice is to go to B&M and try on each contender; then follow your heart even though it means adding your money to your parents' budget.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely speak to my parents before adding to their budget and going for the 15 ct one. Some people might see that as an insult to the gift they were trying to give, others may not.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I agree with @lucida818 that I’d like the gift to be fully funded for it to be “mind clean” for me, so I’d go with the 10 carat. But that’s just me…you need to decide what you’re comfortable with. No matter what, you’ll have a beautiful gift!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have to be a full riviera necklace?

How about only having the front part with diamonds and have them as big as possible within the allowable budget?

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Does it have to be a full riviera necklace?

How about only having the front part with diamonds and have them as big as possible within the allowable budget?

Now THERE’S an idea!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

can you get cz dupes to try on and gauge the size?
i have a dbty that's ~4.5 and it's not flashy at all, i think 5ct would be easy to wear everyday, 10 if your style is bolder, 15 looks not necessarily ostentatious to me but dressy.

B

Betty Baguette

How about a one-of-a-kind antique made with superb craftsmanship?:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh I totally missed this thread! Hi @Indylady did you make a decision? I'm just popping in to say that between my tennis bracelet and riviera, I find the bracelet to be more wearable. And, I appreciate that I can see at the diamonds on my wrist easily :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results