shape
carat
color
clarity

A milestone piece - what would you get?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
My dear parents would like to get me an overdue wedding present. As much as I love jewelry, the idea of spending a lot at once is totally intimidating… Weirdly, I struggled when picking my engagement ring as well, and in the end I went into a brick and mortar store and simply picked out the setting that I felt best fit my stone and was in stock that day. It’s totally bizarre, and I am very comfortable spending money, but when I have something like a gift card or a big present that I can choose, I spend so much time thinking about what I’m going to get and whether or not it’s absolutely perfect.

What would you get for a nice bucket list kind of piece? I’d love some thing that I can wear any time - more so in terms of comfort rather than style (ie. I’m fine wearing diamonds to the grocery store, etc. I’m more concerned with the actual physical comfort of whatever piece I am wearing, rather than whether it’s appropriate for a casual wear).

Any ideas? Any fave jewelry gifts that you’ve loved?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd opt for a nice timepiece, specifically a wristwatch, that fits into their budget.

I cannot stand the look of apple watches although I know many prefer them now. I think a beautiful watch, whether on a leather band or metal bracelet, is something that will endure and could be a lovely heirloom.

I don't own anything grandiose but my Tag has been going for 17 years now and is comfortable and just nice to have when I want to wear a watch. Maybe they're old-fashioned, but I don't think people will ever entirely stop wearing them. Especially pro-golfers. (I'm joking, but they do have some unbelievable watches!)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, a watch, it’s practical as well as being a constant reminder of their generosity. I’d get a Cartier Tank :mrgreen:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like watches, but if you’re looking for another suggestion, how about a tennis bracelet?

I like this idea, too! I always forget about bracelets for some reason. If not a tennis bracelet, maybe a bangle like the Cartier Love or Juste en Clou, or Tiffany T?

@Indylady what jewelry are you most comfortable wearing? Earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces? Maybe that's a better place to start since you mentioned comfort being a priority.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I had several milestones saved up recently and went for bracelets. It has been so much fun!

What, other than comfort, are you prioritizing? Do you want to wear this daily? A few times a week? Special occasions only?

Do you want it to have some meaning to it or just be pretty?

Finally, what kind of budget are you working with?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Indylady I am literally exactly like you. I am fine spending my own money, but when it's a gift I panic and obsessively research about what is "perfect".

What about a classic/daily wear piece like stud earrings, bezel diamond pendant, or tennis bracelet?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nice watch with some diamonds so that it can be worn dressed up as well as down.

A bracelet - how about getting a branded piece?

Diamond hoops, inside out if they are big enough.

DK :))

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Great suggestions, all! I like watches - but I’m thinking more on the diamond/straight jewelry route than time piece.

Earrings - I lose them. A lot. So those are off the table for this piece.

I’m between these two ideas :
Necklace - I could get down with a riviera or anything super special
Bracelet - I LOVE the idea of getting to see my piece constantly. Are tennis bracelets in? Is it possible to do a tennis bracelet with diamonds just on the ‘top’ of the wrist, or would that flip a ton? I’m at my desk a lot and I wonder if it would bug me to feel myself hitting my bracelet on my desk.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@Indylady I am literally exactly like you. I am fine spending my own money, but when it's a gift I panic and obsessively research about what is "perfect".

What about a classic/daily wear piece like stud earrings, bezel diamond pendant, or tennis bracelet?

Tennis bracelet sounds nice and blingy! And - so weird! I’ve been sitting on this present for 3+ years now and my parents like, please just pick anything or we will pick it for you lol.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tennis bracelet sounds nice and blingy! And - so weird! I’ve been sitting on this present for 3+ years now and my parents like, please just pick anything or we will pick it for you lol.

me too!!! I sit on presents SO long due to not being able to find something prefect. Do you have a sense of budget?

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Tennis bracelet!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I received a diamond solitaire necklace from my parents for my wedding present (diamond was my mom's first diamond, purchased in the 80's and not the best cut). I wear it 24/7 and they even upgraded the chain for one of my birthdays from 15" to 17" sturdier chain for one of my recent birthdays because they noticed that I never take this off, and wanted this heirloom necklace to stay secure.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
You could get a diamond bangle that just has diamonds along the top (WF has both mined and lab bangles now) or I have seen bolo type bracelets where the diamonds just go along the top although I think these might flip more (I'm sure BN and JA have examples of both styles).

For me, I'd be tempted by a Tiffany bangle or VAC bracelet, something colourful.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote tennis bracelet!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A tennis bracelet is something you can put on and not take off.
A pair of diamond studs is also another staple.
a right hand ring, something meaningful, your birthstone or hubbies birthstone or both as a Moi toi ring.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
For me, a watch would be out. I quit wearing them when iphones came in. The jewelry pieces I wear the most are earrings and rings but I tend to lose earrings (and, YOU can't see them when you wear them anyway). So I'd definitely go with a right hand ring, probably a diamond flower cluster. Please keep us posted!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are tennis bracelets in? Is it possible to do a tennis bracelet with diamonds just on the ‘top’ of the wrist, or would that flip a ton? I’m at my desk a lot and I wonder if it would bug me to feel myself hitting my bracelet on my desk.

Here are some ideas for you.

I had an open cuff bangle made with my mum's MRB without the notches at the ends. This way, it will be more comfortable to wear when I am working with my laptop.

As for tennis bracelet with diamonds on the top only, how about a curved bar set with diamonds, with chains on both sides? This way, the bar will sit nicely on the top without slipping to the inside of the wrist, like the ID-style bracelet I made with carré cut stones:

idbracelet_01s-jpg.586330
idbracelet_02s-jpg.586331

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Great suggestions, all! I like watches - but I’m thinking more on the diamond/straight jewelry route than time piece.

Earrings - I lose them. A lot. So those are off the table for this piece.

I’m between these two ideas :
Necklace - I could get down with a riviera or anything super special
Bracelet - I LOVE the idea of getting to see my piece constantly. Are tennis bracelets in? Is it possible to do a tennis bracelet with diamonds just on the ‘top’ of the wrist, or would that flip a ton? I’m at my desk a lot and I wonder if it would bug me to feel myself hitting my bracelet on my desk.

FWIW I wear my bracelet nearly every day. I work at a desk too and have found that by having the bracelet just a little longer than necessary I can let it migrate up my arm while typing.

You could get a diamond bangle that just has diamonds along the top (WF has both mined and lab bangles now) or I have seen bolo type bracelets where the diamonds just go along the top although I think these might flip more (I'm sure BN and JA have examples of both styles).

For me, I'd be tempted by a Tiffany bangle or VAC bracelet, something colourful.

I had a bolo necklace/ wrap bracelet and unfortunately it did flip. Ended up replacing the clasp.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already consider my Octavia to be my Milestone Piece. :kiss2:
But the gift to paid for something new, that I'd also like to have would have to be enormous.

It would be an FCD that GIA graded:
2 to 3 ct (after cutting)
Color: Fancy Red, or Blue or Green in Fancy Intense or Fancy Vivid.
VS1 or better
Earth-mined
Untreated color
No nonsense like inclusions drilled out by laser

It would take a long time to search the planet for rough (or a very huge polished FCD) large enough to polish most of the weight away to become an Octavia, cut by our own Diagem.

The budget would have to be in the millions because first I'd first donate half of the gift to a worthy charity or the political party that is not determined to destroy American democracy and worship a dictator.

I'd also first send an extremely large monetary gift to KarlK and our own DiaGem, the Octavia cutter in Israel.

This 7-figure gem would not be set in gold or platinum.
It would be tension set in Cobalt Chrome by Boonerings.

I'd wear it and my white Octavia on alternate days.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hi!
Options based on what I wear (and enjoy) almost everyday:
- diamond solitaire necklace;
- diamond fancy pendant;
- dbty necklace;
- SS Cartier watch;
- yellow gold solid bracelets;
- diamond multistone band.
I would add diamond studs and diamond huggies to the list, but you're not interested.

My experience with a tennis bracelet: mine has small diamonds (five pointers) and I love it so much, but I rarely wear it because:
- I'm terrified of losing it (I lost three tennis bracelets in the past; the one I have now has a heavier setting but I find myself babycaring when I put it on...not a pleasant feeling for me!)
- since I wear it on my left wrist, I have to take off my watch (paranoid about scratching both the watch and the bracelet) and I get anxious without a watch to check the time.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@purplesilk I wear a costume tennis bracelet most of the time so that I don't have to baby it.

The real one with diamonds only comes out for dressier events.

Berricle has some great costume TBs.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
As much as I love jewelry, the idea of spending a lot at once is totally intimidating… Weirdly, I struggled when picking my engagement ring as well, and in the end I went into a brick and mortar store and simply picked out the setting that I felt best fit my stone and was in stock that day. It’s totally bizarre, and I am very comfortable spending money, but when I have something like a gift card or a big present that I can choose, I spend so much time thinking about what I’m going to get and whether or not it’s absolutely perfect.

Same here...but the (bad) end result is people buying me jewels that I dislike and that I put in a drawer, so a real waste of money!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
@purplesilk I wear a costume tennis bracelet most of the time so that I don't have to baby it.

The real one with diamonds only comes out for dressier events.

Berricle has some great costume TBs.

Hi DK!
I also have a cz silver tennis bracelet, but I don't wear it because
- it doesn't sparkle like the real one ;
- I feel weird wearing a fake one when I own a real one (I'm crazy :lol: );
- I don't want to scratch my watch.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would you get for a nice bucket list kind of piece?

First of all congratulations on your wedding. May you have many many many happy decades filled with love and laughter and much joy.

This is an easy one for me. I already have my dream ring but if I could get another it would be an emerald cut diamond ring. Antique and 8 carats in size. LOL that is now the only thing I could even think about wanting as I really have everything I ever wanted

Whatever you decide may it bring you much blingy joy :appl:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Roberto Coin and Annamaria Cammilli jewels : both brands are expensive but every piece looks gorgeous and luxurious

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Roberto Coin venetian princess collection
images.jpeg-4.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpeg-3.jpg
    images.jpeg-3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
  • robertocoin_7772804AJBAX_bracelet_1024x1024.png
    robertocoin_7772804AJBAX_bracelet_1024x1024.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 6

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Annamaria Cammilli: the ring is from Sultana collection, the pendants are from Prestige collection
annamariacammilli_gan1814_ring_1200x1200.jpg

Attachments

• gpe1970w.jpg
    gpe1970w.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
  • vetrina2_06.jpg
    vetrina2_06.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 6
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results