shape
carat
color
clarity

A long shot 'help-me-find-ring' post :)

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
I have done a clean install on my laptop (oh oh) and although I backed up iPhoto, I didn't think to back up the photos I had downloaded which were stored in a 'jewellry' folder, elsewhere.

Result? Years of casual 'ohhh I LIKE that' images disappeared - poof.
Now, irony of ironies, my dear chap is suggesting he would like a few ideas for a 'special' ring..... which of course, is great to hear. But now that that research would actually be of use, I've lost it all!!!
Many rings were from here, so that's fine, a couple of hours of fun, browsing will find them for me again.

But the one I really want to show him didn't come from here, and so here is the real challenge and I know I'm in the right place to ask it.
I'm thinking of a photo of:
a three stone ring, rounds,
set in plat or white gold,
it was a take on the swirl ring,
the stones were very slightly on the diagonal
I don't know the designer, but I do remember that it wasn't one of the biggies - so not whiteflash/james a et al., not one use much/at all, here
it was very minimalist, no pavé at all,
the metal was very fine and the stones seemed to float - it was really all about the stones,
the designer was an American woman and the price was high - I think around 2k not counting diamonds.

Has anyone, by any remote chance, the vaguest idea what I'm talking about?

Thanks ahead of time, for even bothering to read this far!
Abi

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abi, I'd message the moderator to move this to Rocky Talky for you, because that is generally where the ring shopping conversations go whereas this one is where people post rings after they get them. You just have to click the report concern button and ask them to move it. I think you'll have a better chance of getting an answer there. Sorry but I can't recall the design you are asking about. Hope you find the one you really want most!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Diamondseeker, thanks for the advice :) will do.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Bless you DreamerD, very close and perhaps close enough to reconstruct, for which maaaany thanks! :appl:

No it isn't actually this one. It had less metal, much more 'airy' and the web site was on a white background, ring face on.

But this is close.

Thanks

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Ah, where on earth would we be without P'scope - thanks so very much. :wavey:

That is the design, and the second of the two looks lighter in terms of the amount of metal. The version I saw had eeeven less metal and was in gold. The edge of the metal in the swirl was really fine, so head on it looked almost thread like.

No biggie tho' since this is enough for me to get an idea.

But, should anyone know of a still thinner version, it would be great to hear about it......

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
No, I'm misremembering and you guys are the greatest, that is exactly the site and the designer... and the ring!

Heck, it's funny how we superimpose (or at least I do) what we see in our mind's eye with what we actually do see. I hadn't looked at the photo for over half a year and I'd re created what I'd like based on the design.

So now I just need to see how 'knife edge' the top down look of the metal could go and see also what it would be like in yellow gold.

Thank you all for finding my 'inspiration' pic! :appl:

And a real life photo - even better. I take on board that the photos on her site make the setting look more bulky than it is in real life. Is this actually your ring? If so, would you mind me asking if it is comfortable and if it sits low or high please?

Thanks very much
abi

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results