shape
carat
color
clarity

A little teaser of my CBI beauty to come

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1600892540115.png A few months ago @SandyinAnaheim listed her CBIs for sale - from her newly made DK necklace project. They were beautiful and I carefully considered them. CBI is not cutting stones in the .36 to .38 range right now so I knew I needed to jump on these if I wanted CBIs under .4.

BTW - Sandy is the most patient and kind seller. She is a truly special person - in part due to her dedication to animals and in part due to her spectacular personality. But I digress.

Sandy sent the necklace to Wink and he unmounted the CBIs. Wink (what a great guy )assured me the 4 CBIs I was considering were in perfect shape - like new. And that they would look gorgeous in a 5 stone ring. So I purchased them from Sandy. The specs and diamonds below.
.362 J VS1

.385 E SI1

.386 H VVS2

.386 J VS1

But I wanted a 5 stone ring. With a slightly larger stone in the center. Just to have a little different ring.

Some of you may recall that @whitewave upgraded her .64 to a larger stone. Wink sent that .64 off to AGS to have it examined. It came back as perfect. So I bought that one from Wink (thanks @whitewave for your special care of it.)

So now I await my 5 stone ring from CBI. The fabulous Layla designed it and I cannot wait. I have a Wink video of the 5 stones together that I will find and post. I’ll also post the report of the .64. Thus far the HPD service and assistance have been phenomenal. Wink and Layla are the best!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
overjoyed for you @caf !! you must be so excited!! i know i would be. and how lovely you acquired your stones from the community!! makes it extra special, i think.

can't wait to see the finished ring on your hand when you post the many many pictures!!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
overjoyed for you @caf !! you must be so excited!! i know i would be. and how lovely you acquired your stones from the community!! makes it extra special, i think.

can't wait to see the finished ring on your hand when you post the many many pictures!!!

Yes, I agree - they are extra special. And I will post lots of photos. Thanks!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Tartansparkles. Swoopyness is exactly what Layla and I are going for. Low swoopyness though ‘cause I’m prone to clumsiness!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
How cute is Wink in that video, though. :lol:
It's beyond cool that you procured custodianship of community sparklies to make into what is going to be fabulous ring! I will require many pics/video as well:bigsmile:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How cute is Wink in that video, though. :lol:
It's beyond cool that you procured custodianship of community sparklies to make into what is going to be fabulous ring! I will require many pics/video as well:bigsmile:

The cutest, right? For those that don’t know him (and I didn’t) he is the best. A mensch!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The cutest, right? For those that don’t know him (and I didn’t) he is the best. A mensch!

I've never had the pleasure either, but if I had any money for a rock he would be my choice to buy from just based on what little I've seen/respect he's worked hard for!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and I learned something new about CADs. They Add15 pounds. This means according to @LaylaR

15 pounds: it’s a blue print for the wax so the metal looks bulky because the measurements are casting weight/width not finished weight/width.

isn’t that cool? Now I know why CADs look bulky.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will be looking forward to your pictures! Sure to be a beauty!

Reactions: caf

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s an amazing story. And I just love how they are staying ‘in the family,’ so to speak. Can’t wait to see it!!! It’s sure to be a knockout!!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with other posters! The ring is going to be not only extremely beautiful but also a very special one. The stones that are coming from 2 great persons will provide even more joy than the absolutely new ones! I am very excited to see lots of pictures of the masterpiece! Thank you for sharing the fabulous story of the ring :kiss2:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with other posters! The ring is going to be not only extremely beautiful but also a very special one. The stones that are coming from 2 great persons will provide even more joy than the absolutely new ones! I am very excited to see lots of pictures of the masterpiece! Thank you for sharing the fabulous story of the ring :kiss2:

Thanks Musia! You are most kind!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@caf I love the history of so many of these stones :love: what a lovely PS family story!!

I do have to ask, though - have you seen this lineup in-person? Or, alternatively, have you seen stones of this size with this degree of colour variation in-person to confirm that your eyes either like it or don’t mind it? I mention it only because you don’t have the ring in hand yet... To many people the differences would be visible face-up, especially in diffuse lighting environments. Just something I wanted to ask about before you commit 100%!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@caf I love the history of so many of these stones :love: what a lovely PS family story!!

I do have to ask, though - have you seen this lineup in-person? Or, alternatively, have you seen stones of this size with this degree of colour variation in-person to confirm that your eyes either like it or don’t mind it? I mention it only because you don’t have the ring in hand yet... To many people the differences would be visible face-up, especially in diffuse lighting environments. Just something I wanted to ask about before you commit 100%!

@yssie - I have not. Great questions! I don’t think I’m as color sensitive as others may be. My three stone is a J and two Is in platinum. I love it. So I’m not so concerned about 4 of the 5 stones in the ring.

I was concerned about the E In combo with the other stones. Wink assured me that it looks great. But if it doesn’t-i can replace it (at my own cost) with another stone. I think that may be what you are tactfully getting at....I am trusting Wink’s eyes with the caveat that it is my eyes that matter. So I’ll take a look at the ring and assess when it’s completed. And share with PSers.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a totally awesome PSer group project this is! Can’t wait to see the final thing!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Looking forward to hear how you like it! What a dream ring!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie - I have not. Great questions! I don’t think I’m as color sensitive as others may be. My three stone is a J and two Is in platinum. I love it. So I’m not so concerned about 4 of the 5 stones in the ring.

I was concerned about the E In combo with the other stones. Wink assured me that it looks great. But if it doesn’t-i can replace it (at my own cost) with another stone. I think that may be what you are tactfully getting at....I am trusting Wink’s eyes with the caveat that it is my eyes that matter. So I’ll take a look at the ring and assess when it’s completed. And share with PSers.

I watched the video a few times and I don’t see any size difference in the smaller four! That’s a nice size lineup. And of course, besides being close in carat, they’re all CBIs so all faceted the same way... If you do end up seeing a body colour difference in person I wonder if you could get away with a E-H-I-J-J lineup ::)

Lots of options, just as you said! I do hope you love it just the way it is when it comes in though :love:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Stunning! What a joy to wear a CBI ring!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1600892540115.png A few months ago @SandyinAnaheim listed her CBIs for sale - from her newly made DK necklace project. They were beautiful and I carefully considered them. CBI is not cutting stones in the .36 to .38 range right now so I knew I needed to jump on these if I wanted CBIs under .4.

BTW - Sandy is the most patient and kind seller. She is a truly special person - in part due to her dedication to animals and in part due to her spectacular personality. But I digress.

Sandy sent the necklace to Wink and he unmounted the CBIs. Wink (what a great guy )assured me the 4 CBIs I was considering were in perfect shape - like new. And that they would look gorgeous in a 5 stone ring. So I purchased them from Sandy. The specs and diamonds below.
.362 J VS1

.385 E SI1

.386 H VVS2

.386 J VS1

But I wanted a 5 stone ring. With a slightly larger stone in the center. Just to have a little different ring.

Some of you may recall that @whitewave upgraded her .64 to a larger stone. Wink sent that .64 off to AGS to have it examined. It came back as perfect. So I bought that one from Wink (thanks @whitewave for your special care of it.)

So now I await my 5 stone ring from CBI. The fabulous Layla designed it and I cannot wait. I have a Wink video of the 5 stones together that I will find and post. I’ll also post the report of the .64. Thus far the HPD service and assistance have been phenomenal. Wink and Layla are the best!

Oh, yay! That’s good to know and I’m happy it went to another PSer!!

singleice

Rough_Rock
I love when thing come together. I know your going to love this beautiful ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results