shape
carat
color
clarity

A Little Photo Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 7:02:47 PM
Author: Rock Candy
Oh but you ARE a talented photographer, Sundial!!! I love the first shot with the green reflections - stunning! Your ring is truly gorgeous, I love it!!!

What type of camera do you have? You are a great photographer!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 5:21:44 PM
Author: sevens one
love the pics Sundial
Boy, I would be afraid of whacking the sides of those stones.

Do you wear it with a band?
No band Nan. My jeweler had a Hearts on Fire one with matching pave and he swore to me that they were made so that the pave wouldn''t touch, but it was awfully pricey for such a narrow band and you could hardly see it for the diamond overhang. As for the exposed sides, they are on the front and back of the ring and it seems to me that they get less abuse than the sides which have the bezels to protect them.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 5:48:28 PM
Author: surfgirl
Ooh, purty! I really enjoyed your setting...very unique and I like how the side bezels accentuate the roundness of each stone separately.
That is the thing that I really like about the bezel setting is how they make the stones look so ROUND.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh but you ARE a talented photographer, Sundial!!! I love the first shot with the green reflections - stunning! Your ring is truly gorgeous, I love it!!!
That is so nice of you to say RC! I did rather like the colors in that first one. Thank you.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 7:07:13 PM
Author: Skippy123

What type of camera do you have?
Skippy it is a Canon SD550. My pictures cannot compare to yours though!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 7:11:38 PM
Author: Sundial

Date: 7/10/2007 7:07:13 PM
Author: Skippy123

What type of camera do you have?
Skippy it is a Canon SD550. My pictures cannot compare to yours though!

I don't agree
2.gif
My jaw dropped when I saw your Asia and Europe photos, gorgeous! Well we both have Cannons
9.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I think your pics turned out great and, believe me, I know how hard it is to get a good shot....I delete way more than I save! Great job...beautiful ring!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Holy Smokes! Sundial, that is GORGEOUS!!! What a beautiful ring!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I mean this when I say it - Your ring just SPOKE to me!!!
It''s spectacular!

It should go into the eye candy folder because it is JUST THAT! WOWowowo.

Congrats on 30. And thanks for sharing that BEE-ooo-ty. I Cannot get over how much it struck me. Wow.

(I think that was a verbal drool, LOL)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what gorgeous pics!!
30.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring...love love LOVE it! I do remember seeing your pictured before, and I am still mesmerized by it''s beauty!
Congratulations on 30 years
36.gif
!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh lovely! I love that first shot with the colors reflected in the stones. Your ring has always been one of my faves as I am quite partial to bezels and half-bezels.

a

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Sundial,

That ring is absolutely gorgeous! Since this one was for your 28th anniversary, do I dare ask what you got for your 30th in June this year??? I figure it had to be something equally spectacular! Happy anniversary and best wishes always!

Harleigh

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what beautiful pictures of a beautiful ring. I''ve always admired your ring and these pictures are just stunningly beautiful. I love the colors in the first one.

I like how your setting highlights the round shape of each stone. I''ve always liked bezels, even though they aren''t the most popular type of setting.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great ring!!! And your skills at taking pics is amazing!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Dianne, WHMS, Mela, Michelle, Dana, Angeline, KC, and DF you guys are so very kind to say such nice things about my ring and my pictures! I really appreciate it. It is a good feeling to still be enjoying my ring after two years.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 12:52:57 AM
Author: Harleigh
Sundial,

That ring is absolutely gorgeous! Since this one was for your 28th anniversary, do I dare ask what you got for your 30th in June this year??? I figure it had to be something equally spectacular! Happy anniversary and best wishes always!

Harleigh
Thank you Harleigh! This year hubby got me a Tiffany Swing celebration ring and matching bracelet for a combined Valentine''s Day and anniversary gift. I got him a Rolex Daytona watch. We also took a nice cruise in Europe over our anniversary. All in all it was pretty wonderful.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
simply stunning! you husband picked a`great one.
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely 3-stone. I''ve never seen anything like it and the diamonds are perfection!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Sundial, your ring is just absolutely gorgeous!! I love the profile shots. I don''t think I''ve seen the side shots before so thank you for sharing with us!! By the way, you take great shots.
face1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Crown, Lumpkin, and Michelle I really appreciate all of the positive feedback!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
OK Sundial, your ring and your pictures have yanked me out of "lurkdom" as I must comment, it is futile to resist
2.gif
!

I have always loved your three stone ring. Really something that I would be thrilled to own myself (and I do soooo covet it!). I love the lines (the side view is almost indecent showing those naked stones
31.gif
), the way the diamonds and setting complement each other so well. Really, a ring after my own heart!

If my dear hubby hadn''t already presented me with mine, I would definitely have used yours for inspiration and copied more than a few of its details!

Thanks for sharing your pictures, the first one really is breathtaking! I can''t believe you didn''t have your own thread for this beauty.

So take more pics, share with us, I can take it, hit us with some great shots!!

36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2007 6:41:05 PM
Author: Sundial

Date: 7/10/2007 12:57:52 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Oh so stunning--thnnaks for reminding us how beautiful your ring is! Great pic''s for sure!
P.S. My DH will be in NM Oct or Nov and is planning to come over for dinner.....
3.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon tell him to come on over!!! Better yet why don''t you come with him and we''ll play some golf and then throw some steaks on the grill. What part of the state will he be visiting?
HI:

Sundial, his itinerary is not yet set; but they travel round and study geology; typically clastics and carbonates, whatever that means!!! But wouldn''t that be a treat--to actually golf at that time of year (not for us here
8.gif
) and visit too!!! My hubby has all the fun going here and there with work, and I get to stay home during the school year....

cheers--Sharon

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
sundial, it is always such a pleasure to see that beautiful 3 stone ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

i adore your HOF ring! the setting, the stones, everything! stunning!!!

now all we need are MORE PICTURES!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Suzy thanks for coming out of lurkdom for me! I think we have a mutual admiration society going because you know that I ADORE your rings!

Sharon we do have four seasons here, but it is usually nice enough to golf in October and November although you might have to hunt for your ball among the leaves.

Milly you are so sweet, thank you so much!

This diamond picture taking business is darned hard!!! I can't tell you how much pictures I had to take just to get these four!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this?
Gorgeous pictures! I''m off to look up info on that sd550.
Btw, I''m getting ready to send my first to college.. who knew there was so much to think about?!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 6:42:49 AM
Author: justjulia
How did I miss this?
Gorgeous pictures! I''m off to look up info on that sd550.
Btw, I''m getting ready to send my first to college.. who knew there was so much to think about?!
Why thank you Julia! Canon has newer models out now, but they make terrific digital cameras. They come with software that you can use to crop and resize your photos. I would love to see some more detailed pictures of your lovely jewelry!

I hope that things are going as well as can be expected with your mother. I didn''t realize you were ready to send one off to college. I''ve been there (twice) so I understand that mixture of excitement and regret that you must be feeling!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring and doggy!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I thank you Harriet and so does my Jack Russell terrier Haley!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results