shape
carat
color
clarity

A little help...Searching for a princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redcamel

Rough_Rock
Thank goodness for this site...I was planning on buy from Shaneco. I''m now taking the time to learn a little. We are going on vaction on 4/13, and I like to do it there. Please help me expedite my search...

I’m looking for a 1.00-1.10 princess cut stone. I’ve been doing a lot of shopping at B&M stores. I have a budget of $4000.00 I been looking at Whiteflash but I’m confused if I should spent more money on the cut and get an ACA diamond. Anyways it will go in a white gold or platinum semi-mount with pave. Can you guys point me to what you all think are good values. I really want it to be visually appealing more than any thing else. I’m also interested in the vendors that you feel offer the best value/service combo. Lowest I feeling going with an e-ring SI1 & Color I.

Thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
$3912 based on wire pricing...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi red,

Good for you on doing your homework, it will definitely pay off.
28.gif

Ira has picked out a stone that falls within all your criteria, and it should be beautiful. The vendor is reputable and great to work with as well.

This one gets my vote!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second what Ellen and RegularGuy have told you. GoodOldGold has a stellar reputation on this board and that diamonds looks great. If you are interested in that diamond I would call them immediately and put it on hold. (Sometimes stones get sold right out from under people after they are posted here.)

Other vendors you can trust are Whiteflash.com, JamesAllen.com and Engagementringsdirect.com. There are other recommended Pricescope vendors but those 4 probably get used the most from what I''ve read.

I had a great experience with Whiteflash recently, but the closest I came to finding you a princess from them in your price range is an I, VS1 1.024 carat Expert Selection for $4520.

However, Whiteflash (and I think some other vendors) offers a Pricescope/wire transfer discount, which would bring that price down. So don''t forget to at least ask about the Pricescope discount if you use one of the Pricescope vendors!

Good luck and I can''t wait to see what you pick out!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2007 9:09:00 AM
Author: thing2of2

I had a great experience with Whiteflash recently, but the closest I came to finding you a princess from them in your price range is an I, VS1 1.024 carat Expert Selection for $4520.
Though I still think the GOG option represents a helpful modest incremental benefit, if you do have a thing for WF ACAs, just using the by search by cut option, I do see this pair at $4150 & $4151, based on wire price, I SI1, and 1.03 carats. But compare not only the color, but also the thickness of the girdle.

Pupper

Rough_Rock
Hello & welcome to PS! :)

I''ve had such wonderful experiences with Mark at ERD so i''m going to post one of his stones, as i also think it''s a great value (there''s actually a bunch of stones ~1ct in their "premium collection" to choose from for <$4K). I trust Mark to tell you if it''s a nice-looking stone but you prob cant go wrong with any of the vendors recommended by the regulars around here.... good luck w your search/proposal/etc!!

GIA F SI1 1.07ct $3933

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results