shape
carat
color
clarity

A Holiday Guest

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1452580111|3974610 said:
Now hopefully it proves to be a forever home .

That's the first thing i thought of. Hope they spoil him even rottener, too! The SPCA does have a lifetime open door policy for any animal they place, but I never want to see that sweetie there again.

I really wish he could have gone to your home, you'd have loved him and his antics. He'd slowed down on the remodeling, but was having a great time doing those belly whomps to the floor. I even caught him in the act, wish I'd gotten a video. You'd laugh until you cried.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too. He would have been a perfect addition to my crew.

I do wish you'd caught that on video.

My.Whitey (formerly Merlin, which proved too ambitious a name) was adopted as a young adult. Kept for a year then, even though the rescue he was adopted from had an open door policy, dumped at a kill shelter. Fortunately, they had never changed his chip contact, and his foster mom was called. She said she drove like a bat out of hell to get him back.

Many people suck.

Hopefully Woody's people do not.

Or if they do its just a bump on the road to the right home. He is a cutie pie.

Did you get the calico?/And pics, please.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is hilarious! I'm so glad Woody got adopted! He sounds like a really fun cat and I'm sure your write up helped to get
him adopted. Thanks for taking care of him and all the other fur babies you help. :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read this entire thread. The ending was a bit of a letdown because I don't know who got Woody in the end. Do you, Andelain? Do you know anything about them, I mean? I so much want to be sure that he will be adored and cherished.

Deb :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1452613309|3974759 said:
I just read this entire thread. The ending was a bit of a letdown because I don't know who got Woody in the end. Do you, Andelain? Do you know anything about them, I mean? I so much want to be sure that he will be adored and cherished.

Deb :wavey:

Wow, OK. I don't consider it a letdown at all, even though I know nothing about his adopters. The only thing I know about them is that they were willing to pay the normal adoption fee for him, as there are no specials going right now. I hope his family loves him too, and I have a feeling he'll see to it that they do! :cheeky:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1452606838|3974708 said:
This thread is hilarious! I'm so glad Woody got adopted! He sounds like a really fun cat and I'm sure your write up helped to get
him adopted. Thanks for taking care of him and all the other fur babies you help. :appl:

I think I get more out of it than they do. That same night I was there walking dogs I was just coming out of a cage when I saw one of the staff getting a dog named Batman, a big loveable Pit Bull, out of his cage. I went over and said "HI BATMAN!", and the love sponge threw himself against me and applied kisses to both hands and every other part of me he could reach. The person leading him said "This is his freedom walk, he's getting adopted". I planted a good-bye kiss on his nose and did a happy dance as they headed for the lobby. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Of course I had to wipe my face off, because the kiss got returned, a few times over! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
GYPSY!!!!!!

There's a kitty at the adoption center that looks JUST LIKE the one in your avatar! She even has the same expression. And she's a total lovebug!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no. Really. Don't break my heart like that.

Did you get pictures or her?

My girl was sweet to humans, tart with other cats. A complete and total genius. Seriously if she'd had thumbs she would have ruled the world. And we used to joke that she had multiple personalities. She was an 8 lb alpha in a house full of 14-18 pound male cats and she ruled the roost with an iron fist. When we had a large, gentle, lab shepard mix dog, she used to stand on the dogs head and try to rip off her ears.

I would go across the world, not to mention across the country for another like her. But I don't think they'll ever be one.

This is her, defending her territory (her Daddy) against all of the bigger boys.

1512444_10201852420344162_1341007561_0.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
More pictures. Just because....

img00129-20100324-1203__113_0.jpg

_36241.jpg

img00096-20090928-2250.jpg

img00306-20100530-2116__265_0.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Gypsy your sweet kitty was such a beautiful girl!!! I know what you mean by not ever finding another like her. That is how I feel about one of my kitties who is long gone and sorely missed. I am sorry for your loss but glad for that wonderful time you had with her and the special memories you will always cherish. (((Hugs))).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for tje lovely post Missy. I'm sorry for your loss as well.

I'm just raw because we lost another kid this last Friday. So...right now the loss of them both is weighing heavily on my heart.

This was my Frodo, my Dodo. I rescued him from the backyard when he was six weeks old.

We've had a very bad month. But this loss is breaking me.

tmp_10141-img_20160119_163048434293318538.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1453981176|3982896 said:
I'm just raw because we lost another kid this last Friday. So...right now the loss of them both is weighing heavily on my heart.

I'm so sorry, I didn't know. He was so pretty. :(

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1453964356|3982851 said:
Oh no. Really. Don't break my heart like that.

Did you get pictures or her?

My girl was sweet to humans, tart with other cats. A complete and total genius. Seriously if she'd had thumbs she would have ruled the world. And we used to joke that she had multiple personalities. She was an 8 lb alpha in a house full of 14-18 pound male cats and she ruled the roost with an iron fist. When we had a large, gentle, lab shepard mix dog, she used to stand on the dogs head and try to rip off her ears.

I would go across the world, not to mention across the country for another like her. But I don't think they'll ever be one.

This is her, defending her territory (her Daddy) against all of the bigger boys.

I didn't yet, but can today. Do you want me to post them?

Here's what I know about this girl. She's so sweet, I was holding her upside down within minutes of meeting her for the first time, scratching her back while she twitched and purred. She didn't care for the 2 cats I had loose at the same time, a pair of inkblots that were larger than her. She's a juvenile, but I don't know her exact age. I think she's going to be a fairly small cat, but a huge personality. Looking at these pics you just posted, this girl has more white around the neck. Her face made me think of your girl as soon as I saw her.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,
I'm so sorry Dodo has left you and your loving embrace. :(sad

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you both. He was sick for 2 weeks before and we tried everything we could, but ultimately the tests showed he had FIP a fatal virus that shuts down their organs. He was a very handsome boy.

Andelain, I didn't post it on PS. Just FB. There's no way you could have known. Don't worry about it. I just saw your post at a bad time. We was our bed companion. And so night time is just hard, because it really highlights the loss. So I was already in a bad place when I saw your posts.

I wouldn't be able to get her, but I would love pictures to see her anyway if you want to post them.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1454020661|3983206 said:
Thank you both. He was sick for 2 weeks before and we tried everything we could, but ultimately the tests showed he had FIP a fatal virus that shuts down their organs. He was a very handsome boy.

Andelain, I didn't post it on PS. Just FB. There's no way you could have known. Don't worry about it. I just saw your post at a bad time. We was our bed companion. And so night time is just hard, because it really highlights the loss. So I was already in a bad place when I saw your posts.

I wouldn't be able to get her, but I would love pictures to see her anyway if you want to post them.

Gypsy1_zps1dbzvjgv.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
The regular pic method doesn't to be working, so I just put this up.

Gypsy, is it the distance that stops you from thinking you can get her? I may have a solution.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my. She's adorable. Seriously.

Well, yeah. Distance and money. We just spent over 3k on vet bills.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about the loss of another kitty, Gypsy. :(

Mine came home recently with a rip in one of her ears, and saw her defending herself against a bigger cat the next morning, and I was upset she was hurt. Everytime I think about the possibility of losing her (or the dog) I would get upset. I shall enjoy her company (and the dog's) for as long as it lasts, and am grateful for all the joys she has given me.

DK :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
dk168|1454034584|3983339 said:

Mine came home recently with a rip in one of her ears, and saw her defending herself against a bigger cat the next morning, and I was upset she was hurt. Everytime I think about the possibility of losing her (or the dog) I would get upset. I shall enjoy her company (and the dog's) for as long as it lasts, and am grateful for all the joys she has given me.

Thank you DK. I'm sorry to hear that your baby got hurt! Piece of advice. Take lots of pictures. Especially cuddle pictures. And videos.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's so cute. I keep coming back to her.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1454034646|3983340 said:
dk168|1454034584|3983339 said:

Thank you DK. I'm sorry to hear that your baby got hurt! Piece of advice. Take lots of pictures. Especially cuddle pictures. And videos.

Will do, thanks.

I have decided towards the end of last year that she'll front this year's card in December instead of yet another one with the dog.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I love all the pics you posted, wonderful. I'm so sorry for the losses you've suffered. They were so very lucky to have your love and care.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DK, she's blessed to have you. And she'll rock the front of the cards!

Thank you so much AZ. We're the lucky ones. They've enriched our lives measurably.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I showed DH the pics. If someone was fkying out here and she was cleared to fly it might work. Honestly my MIL was just here in November and would have done it. But she's not coming out again any time soon.

I just don't know if we're ready for another kid. We git Penny too soon after Hally passed and the bonding pricess was problematic.

I love cats with big personality.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1454061848|3983470 said:
I showed DH the pics. If someone was fkying out here and she was cleared to fly it might work. Honestly my MIL was just here in November and would have done it. But she's not coming out again any time soon.

I just don't know if we're ready for another kid. We git Penny too soon after Hally passed and the bonding pricess was problematic.

I love cats with big personality.

She's got the big personality art down. this was only the second time I met her. Her nail caught in my shirt in the first video, but she didn't get upset.

https://youtu.be/rLcECwMR3lk

https://youtu.be/YB4wNmPCWHI

https://youtu.be/vAswjV1UexQ

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Andelain you're killing me over here. Where is this kitty and how do I get there :love: :love: :love:

Seriously though what a love bug. Oh I hope she finds a home soon!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are the devil.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1454129987|3983940 said:
OMG Andelain you're killing me over here. Where is this kitty and how do I get there :love: :love: :love:

Seriously though what a love bug. Oh I hope she finds a home soon!

Forgive me for not remembering. But where are you hon?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results