shape
carat
color
clarity

A green tourmaline Art Deco dream ring

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This ring was shown on another thread when I was asking about milgrain, but I thought it deserved to be in the SMTB category as well. It all started when I wanted a big emerald, and I wanted it in a simple bezel setting. I bought one and rejected it as it was too light and windowed. I quickly realized that I didn’t have the budget for the size I wanted (9-10mm) so thought of alternatives. I found a smaller emerald that hit the mark, but since it was smaller, I decided to three stone it instead (that project is currently in the works). During this search I also acquired a dark green tourmaline in an asscher shape. It still didn’t feel big enough for a simple bezel, but I love art deco halo rings so I thought it would look pretty bezeled with an art deco halo, and that is what I originally set out to do. Thankfully wise PSers steered me away from this plan, because they said bezeling this stone would darken it too much. So just go for another design for it right? Wrong, because since I’m CRAZY I decided to take a peek around and see if another stone was suitable for the art deco halo which I had then become very enamored with. When I came across this precision cut Afghan tourmaline from Gary at Finewater, I was in love. The stone was GORGEOUS. Also, I was very inspired by Swaye10’s art deco aquamarine ring. So on her recommendation I had her jeweler do it, and the results are pretty amazing. I asked for a two-toned gold look so I did yellow gold for the bezel and also for the gallery which is set in the fleur de lis design. I think the ring is gorgeous, though I was unprepared by how LARGE it was going to be. Still, I haven’t taken it off much since I received it! What was supposed to be a simple bezeled emerald turned into buying THREE stones, none of which have been set in that design. And I am really tempted for Gary to cut me another step cut like this for that eventual ring, because again I’m crazy. But hey, I know that my fellow PSers will understand!

Quick link to video:

On to the pictures:

Loose stone - Afghan green tourmaline 9.65 X 7.97 x 7.23 4ct stone

4C9D38A2-30F3-4A4E-A60C-0519C1F3BDC2.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg
IMG_1364.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

The color is so mesmerizing. In some lights it looks minty, in others with more of a bluish green tone. It's hypnotic.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I’m gonna say it again: LOVE IT! Stunning!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: OMG soooo gorgeous!!! The three color tones are truly amazing together! Congrats (and more pics please)!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing, I love that glow it has. It really is a beautiful piece.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I just re-read your post and saw your note re: the size of it. That’s exactly how I felt about my ring that’s a similar style. I figured it would have presence, but I was definitely surprised by how large it turned out! It will shrink after a while though, as all jewelry tends to do. :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring was shown on another thread when I was asking about milgrain, but I thought it deserved to be in the SMTB category as well. It all started when I wanted a big emerald, and I wanted it in a simple bezel setting. I bought one and rejected it as it was too light and windowed. I quickly realized that I didn’t have the budget for the size I wanted (9-10mm) so thought of alternatives. I found a smaller emerald that hit the mark, but since it was smaller, I decided to three stone it instead (that project is currently in the works). During this search I also acquired a dark green tourmaline in an asscher shape. It still didn’t feel big enough for a simple bezel, but I love art deco halo rings so I thought it would look pretty bezeled with an art deco halo, and that is what I originally set out to do. Thankfully wise PSers steered me away from this plan, because they said bezeling this stone would darken it too much. So just go for another design for it right? Wrong, because since I’m CRAZY I decided to take a peek around and see if another stone was suitable for the art deco halo which I had then become very enamored with. When I came across this precision cut Afghan tourmaline from Gary at Finewater, I was in love. The stone was GORGEOUS. Also, I was very inspired by Swaye10’s art deco aquamarine ring. So on her recommendation I had her jeweler do it, and the results are pretty amazing. I asked for a two-toned gold look so I did yellow gold for the bezel and also for the gallery which is set in the fleur de lis design. I think the ring is gorgeous, though I was unprepared by how LARGE it was going to be. Still, I haven’t taken it off much since I received it! What was supposed to be a simple bezeled emerald turned into buying THREE stones, none of which have been set in that design. And I am really tempted for Gary to cut me another step cut like this for that eventual ring, because again I’m crazy. But hey, I know that my fellow PSers will understand!

Quick link to video:

On to the pictures:

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg
IMG_1364.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

The color is so mesmerizing. In some lights it looks minty, in others with more of a bluish green tone. It's hypnotic.

Wow !!
Green and gorgouse
A perfect size !
Love all the different angles you've shown us
its perfect

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
The colour is so crisp and delicious. Perfect setting and size. Enjoy!

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Wow this looks so perfect on you! Love the size, the design and everything about the ring!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! What a beauty!! :kiss2:

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
This is beautiful...you have long lovely fingers that carry that ring perfectly...and what a colour! Gorgeous!!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock

Quick link to video:

On to the pictures:

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg
IMG_1364.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

:-o Beautiful!! I hope it brings you much happiness!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous, thanks for sharing! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I have a similar halo setting in mind for my Asscher cut blue Zircon, with a Rose Gold bezel and an air gap, with a plain shank.

DK :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a gorgeous setting, the tourmaline is a beautiful color. Together they make a stunning ring!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an absolutely gorgeous stone and ring and I like it without the milgraining!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful stone and ring. I think it's actually really nice without the milgrain!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring. I love the color. It looks beautiful on you! Wear it in good health.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I just re-read your post and saw your note re: the size of it. That’s exactly how I felt about my ring that’s a similar style. I figured it would have presence, but I was definitely surprised by how large it turned out! It will shrink after a while though, as all jewelry tends to do. :lol:

Haha. I’m not so worried about this monster shrinking as about my other gems looking puny. For instance this is next to my 3ct FYD.

306F483A-14CE-431E-A02F-A78F5A83F35C.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. I’m not so worried about this monster shrinking as about my other gems looking puny. For instance this is next to my 3ct FYD.

306F483A-14CE-431E-A02F-A78F5A83F35C.jpeg

Just don’t wear them together. Problem solved :lol-2:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is fabulous, with the green and yellow gold detailing were made for one another :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunner!!

cheers--Sharon

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly!!! The color!!! The presence!!! This is a KILLER ring!!!!! Gorgeousness!!!!!

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is stunning, I love it!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s so beautiful and just Glows ! I love it !!

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
I didn't see the fleur-de-lis basket on the other thread - awesome detail!! And I love with smooth gold bezel with the color of the stone. Great job!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results