shape
carat
color
clarity

A Fun Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
To distract myself from my LIWness, I thought it might be fun to do a silly Q&A. So here goes!

1. What did you last eat?

2. What's your favorite TV show?

3. How did you and your SO meet?

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose?

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours?

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl?

7. Who do you think your MOH will be?

8. How old are you?

9. Where is your next travel destination?

10. What is your dream wedding dress?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
To distract myself from my LIWness, I thought it might be fun to do a silly Q&A. So here goes!

1. What did you last eat? Chicken noodle soup.

2. What''s your favorite TV show? Scrubs

3. How did you and your SO meet? Through a mutual friend at a Halloween party.

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? House. We have that option, and it''s already been decided. HOUSE HOUSE HOUSE!

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? People who insist on using the self-checkout at a grocery store when they clearly have no idea what they''re doing, and slow everyone else down.

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? Oddly, both. I love shopping, hair products, make up, and dresses, but I''d tackle you to the ground before I''d craft with you.

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? Eh... I don''t have any super close girlfriends. Any PS buddies wanna volunteer?
9.gif

8. How old are you? 26

9. Where is your next travel destination? Not sure yet.

10. What is your dream wedding dress? I don''t know. Something simple and elegant. Not much embellishment, strapless, a line.

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
I guess it only makes sense that I go first!

- chicken and spanish rice

2. What''s your favorite TV show?

- The office or How I Met Your Mother

- Online! Turns out we have a bunch of friends in common, small world :)

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose?

- Ugh, I think I''d have to pick a house. A wedding would be fun for that one day, but a house is really a huge goal right now.

- Pants that are too short. Don''t people look in the mirror?!

- A mix. I love clothes and makeup, but can really appreciate a cold beer and a great football game.

- I don''t know. I''ve been struggling with this for a bit. Torn between my sister (who can be flakey) and a really close friend of mine.

8. How old are you?

- The pacific Northwest!

- Currently, this Jim Hjelm dress
http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cfm?pid=52&item_id=11664&rowid=11&page=1

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
1. What did you last eat? A salad...bleh.

2. What''s your favorite TV show? Lost

3. How did you and your SO meet? At a meeting of our undergrad institution''s Amnesty International

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? A house for sure.

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? SO and I live together and he always leaves dresser drawers or cabinet doors open. It''s so annoying!

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? Girly girl but like IrishEyes, I love a beer and some football (college football for me)!

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? I don''t think I''m going to have one.

8. How old are you? 26

9. Where is your next travel destination? Las Vegas, I think...

10. What is your dream wedding dress? Never had one (still don''t have one!) but I like lace sheaths by Monique Lhuillier

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
1. What did you last eat? popcorn

2. What''s your favorite TV show? the office

3. How did you and your SO meet? through our best friends

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? wedding

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? people who dont put their signals on to turn until the last possible minute - or while they''re turning. idiots.

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? hmm I''m right in the middle?

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? My two best friends will be my MOHs

8. How old are you? 22
6.gif

9. Where is your next travel destination? boston this weekend!

10. What is your dream wedding dress? my dress! amy michelson grace

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I love little quizzies!

1. What did you last eat? cheese and crackers

2. What''s your favorite TV show? any reality show....and Grey''s Anatomy

3. How did you and your SO meet? played on the same intramural baseball team. According to him, he hit a massive home run and I fell in love...
3.gif

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? house

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? whistling

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? a mixture of both...maybe a little more girly girl though. I love to shop!

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? my little sis (she''s 25), although I haven''t confirmed my wedding party yet.

8. How old are you? turning 27 in May

9. Where is your next travel destination? I''m assuming you mean by plane? We''re going to a wedding in Costa Rica in November!

Melissa Sweet Fern - I tried it on on the weekend
9.gif
and now we''re on the prowl to not have to pay $6000 for it! Wheeeee!!!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
1. What did you last eat? Thought I could answer all good and healthy and say 'hummus and carrots!' (what
I had for lunch) but then I remembered that I had two cream biscuits with my (fake) cappuccino earlier. Doh.
3.gif

2. What's your favorite TV show? CSI (the original), or QI--whenever either is on TV, I will sit and watch, whether I've seen the eps before or not.

3. How did you and your SO meet? Sort of online, sort of through a friend.

4. If you could have $20,000 towards only a wedding or a house, which would you choose? HOUSE, oh my goodness a house, househousehousehousehouse. Yes. Please, a house.

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? When strangers bump into me on the street. Yes, I KNOW England is hugely crowded and that there's often just not enough room for everyone, but...ugh, get away from me.

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? Tom boy, mostly.

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? Don't want one.

8. How old are you? 30, will be 31 on Thursday!
36.gif

9. Where is your next travel destination? HOME!!!!! James and I are flying back to America on April 1st!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!
9.gif

10. What is your dream wedding dress? Something frugal, flattering and floaty.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Fun positive vibes!!! I'll play
36.gif
36.gif

I'm actually eating right now. Cheese Bagel Bites and grapes.

FRIENDS

Long story and I feel lazy to type it out right now...ha!
6.gif

House for sure!

ha funny you ask this now. Here's one...When I feel like people have the wrong impression of me and I have to keep trying to prove myself.... Or as sammy said "whistling" I can only take so much of that..lol

Girly Girl ALL THE WAY...

Either a cousin or co-worker. I really wish my Mom but I don't know how that would work...

8. How old are you?

Not sure yet. Times are rough.

lacy, dreamy and romantic

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
I love little things like this.

-A cupcake

-Burn Notice

-Long story short... a mutual friend

-We already have a home so I suppose it would go towards the wedding.

-When people smoke, especially around me.
29.gif

-Definitely a girl-y girl

-Most likely my bf from law school

8. How old are you?
-Just turned 27 last November

-Just landed in San Francisco about two hours ago

-I've never given it much thought. I tend to like the strapless, drop-waisted, ballgown style. We'll see though.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
1. What did you last eat? I''m eating a banana laffy taffy and oreo cakesters now

2. What''s your favorite TV show? It''s a tie between Hell''s Kitchen, House, NCIS, Law and Order SVU, and Man vs. Wild

3. How did you and your SO meet? I used to date his friend
1.gif

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? A house definitely

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? People who don''t hold doors open for other people!

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? Girly girl all the way

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? My stepmother

8. How old are you? 23, I''ll be 24 in April

9. Where is your next travel destination? Miami in 23 days!!!
1.gif

10. What is your dream wedding dress? A Badgley Mischka

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

1. What did you last eat? Starbucks.....for the 3rd time today....might as well hook up an IV drip of coffee

2. What''s your favorite TV show? WAS Sex and the City ( still not over that show not being on

39.gif
, but still watch reruns religiously), now I''d have to say its The office.

3. How did you and your SO meet? at a club...haha

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? I know...im stupid...but I''d say a wedding. I already used my savings for a down payment on my house, so if I got handed $20,000 at once, I''d be selfish and use it on our wedding

25.gif

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? People walking slow in front of me....ESPECIALLY in nyc.

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? def a girly girl.....love my shoes

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? Thats hard. I have 2 friends and I am still debating on which to go with. I have been friends with both an equal amount of time......

8. How old are you? 24

9. Where is your next travel destination? Just went to Costa Rica in December, so not again until this winter. I usually go somewhere every year....im thinking hawaii next.

10. What is your dream wedding dress? I dont have one specific one in mind.....but I think I''ll def end up getting one of the ones I like from PLATINUM by Pricilla of Boston

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 2:58:31 PM
Author: princessplease
1. What did you last eat? I''m eating a banana laffy taffy and oreo cakesters now
mmmmmmm I just tried those Oreo Cakesters yesterday and they are YUMMYYYY! I''m about to eat them again now...tasty little guys. Mine are in the 100 calorie packs so you only get 3 tiny ones. I could probably eat 8 of these little guys. Do they make them larger?
31.gif
lol

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Dream-
They do!!!!! They make regular sizes in a whole bunch of flavors, like chocolate cake and chocolate filling! They also have nilla cakesters (like the nilla wafers) with vanilla and strawberry filling.
I ate the little 100 calorie guys in golden cake and yummy!!!!
1.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
1. What did you last eat? Homemade waffles

2. What''s your favorite TV show? Currently it seems to be Big Love

3. How did you and your SO meet? In high school.

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? We''re nowhere near getting married or getting a house so...wedding!!

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? Oh, there''s so many. People who clip their nails in public, or at work!

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? Girly girl! I really wish I could go get my nails done!

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? Probably my cousin, we don''t live near each other but when we''re together we''re super close.

8. How old are you? 23

9. Where is your next travel destination? Hmm, probably Edmonton or Seattle? We''re really just going to try to go across the country.

10. What is your dream wedding dress? No clue, something pretty!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
1. What did you last eat? A pomegranate and some yogurt.

2. What''s your favorite TV show? 24! I love love love Jack Bauer. I''m also really into Ace of Cakes lately.

3. How did you and your SO meet? We met at his birthday party 2 summers ago. Moderately embarrassing: I got sick and threw up on his shoes. For some reason, he still decided to call me a couple days later!

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? I know the responsible thing to say is house, but since we don''t know if we''re going to stay in this city for more than 2-3 years, I''d rather not get tied down to a property that might not be able to sell for a while. Our condo is just right for us right now, so I''d take that 20K and put it all into an awesome wedding!

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? I can''t stand it when people invite themselves, especially if it''s done as a statement and not a question. I love being a hostess, but I have to bite my tongue every time someone says "Oh, by the way, we''re staying at your place this weekend!" instead of asking politely.

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? Girly girl. I used to think I was a tomboy, but my nickname on the rugby team was "Princess," so I think that''s pretty much settled.
3.gif

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? My little sister. For sure.

8. How old are you? 24 (same answer as my fav tv show...haha)

9. Where is your next travel destination? Chicago! But I''d love a tropical vacay right about now.

10. What is your dream wedding dress? I''ve never been dress shopping, so I have no idea how these would look on me, but I really like Jim Hjelm styles JH8800 and JH8663, and Lazaro styles LZ3813 and LZ3819.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock

1. What did you last eat? Starburst Tropical Jellybeans. The only thing that I have eaten all day, but LOTS of them!

9.gif

2. What's your favorite TV show? This week? 30 Days

3. How did you and your SO meet? We met in the dorms in college. Lived across the hall from each other.

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? House!!!! A wedding would seem like a waste of money to me...

28.gif

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? I hate when Brita pitchers are nearly empty, and I hate filling them up. Weird, huh? I also despise when people say "You welcome!" It is "You're Welcome!" ARGH!!!!

29.gif

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? a blend, but I pride myself more on my boyish ways than my girl ones.

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? I hope to never have one, but if I have to, it will probably be my sister, lest she disown me.

38.gif

8. How old are you? 26

9. Where is your next travel destination? lol, literally? Back to my house in NC. for a vacation? Who knows, maybe California, but I am dying to go to Europe! Oh, I think I am kidnapping my SO to the beach on Saturday, does that count? It's just a day trip...

10. What is your dream wedding dress? Something simple, inexpensive and totally trashable!

31.gif
27.gif
31.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I wanna play! I wanna play!

1. What did you last eat? A cheese sandwich with lots of mustard, lettuce, and tomato (don''t ask about the mustard)

2. What''s your favorite TV show? Lost!!

3. How did you and your SO meet? I was dating his friend!

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? House

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? People who laugh at their own jokes

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? Girly girl

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? No one

8. How old are you? 27

9. Where is your next travel destination? Either Las Vegas or Mexico. Don''t know which will come first

10. What is your dream wedding dress? One that can magically make my hips and rear look smaller

daydreamer

Rough_Rock
1. What did you last eat? Salad with chicken.

2. What''s your favorite TV show? Battlestar Galactica

3. How did you and your SO meet? Online

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? Wedding. I know it''s frivolous, but there''s no way we''d ever be able to afford a house payment.

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? People paying by check when there''s a line. It takes so much longer than using a credit or debit card.

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? Neither. I''m not into either clothes/makeup or sports/beer.

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? No idea if I''ll even have one.

8. How old are you? 37

9. Where is your next travel destination? Camping in the Santa Barbara mountains.

10. What is your dream wedding dress? Something soft and flowy. I''ve always really liked the dress Katherine Hepburn wears by the pool early on in "The Philadelphia Story".

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 1:59:34 PM
Author:IrishEyes08

1. What did you last eat? chicken noodle soup (I have the flu! bleh)

2. What's your favorite TV show? probably Dancing with the Stars. Sex and the City for reruns

3. How did you and your SO meet? he was my boss (whoops!)

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? house fo sho

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? when people can't spell "definitely"

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? girly girl

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? my best friend for over 20 years. Not one of my sisters (which by the way, is going to REALLY piss off my mother
20.gif

8. How old are you? I turn 27 in 3 days! (Friday the 13th!!!)

9. Where is your next travel destination? I leave next Wednesday for Egypt with my folks and SO. I'm super excited!

10. What is your dream wedding dress? something lacy and sparkly maybe a-line or mermaid style. I too dig Jim Jhelm's styles

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Not enough tom boys around here!
11.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 4:34:55 PM
Author: gwendolyn
11.gif
I would consider myself a tom boy in that I don''t hang out with girls but I also hate dirt and bugs and outdoor stuff.

I guess that doesn''t really make me girly girl as much as it does lazy
17.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 4:37:58 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Date: 3/10/2009 4:34:55 PM

Author: gwendolyn

11.gif

I would consider myself a tom boy in that I don''t hang out with girls but I also hate dirt and bugs and outdoor stuff.

I guess that doesn''t really make me girly girl as much as it does lazy
17.gif
Haha, well yeah, bugs are gross!
3.gif

I don''t like the outdoors hugely either (unless I''m in a beach chair or something) but I hang out with dudes, am a drummer chick, don''t wear heels, love going to sports matches and barely wear make-up, which I figured makes me a tom boy. Even though I also like shopping and bubble baths and sparklies.
9.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock

Fun! Fun!

Pretzels (honey-wheat twists - yum)

Any reality TV (Survivor, Amazing Race, American Idol)

We went to law school together and had a close mutual friend

HOUSE Definitely

Cluttered kitchen counters

Neither, I wear make up and jewelry but love football and poker with the guys

My two best friends!
8. How old are you?

London/ Paris combo trip

Not sure yet but I know I want it to be A-line and to have straps

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock

1. What did you last eat? Green salad with tuna and strawberries for dessert! YUM!

2. What''s your favorite TV show? The only show I watch currently is House (but I can''t help that I still love and frequently watch Friends!).

3. How did you and your SO meet? Cocktail party thrown by mutual friends (an old college roommate of mine and a co-worker of his).

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? WEDDING! But we already have a house so I guess it''s a no-brainer. $20K would give me more than I could EVER dream of for our wedding. We''re going destination all the way!!!

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? Hmm...I don''t know that any are irrational...but I DO really hate it when SO asks me if the dishes in the dishwasher are clean...you could look for yourself you know!

20.gif

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? I like to think of myself as a little of both. I''m not afraid to get my hands dirty and I like to believe that people think I''m pretty tough, but I also love to dress up and make my SO''s jaw drop. I''m getting more and more into jewelry too...SO is spoiling me!

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? I''m not sure that we will have a true bridal party. I suppose it''ll depend on how many people actually come to our DW. We''ve talked about not having them at all. If I had to pick right now though, I''d probably ask my older sister (but I have three sisters so I''m not sure if that would fly or not).

8. How old are you? Just turned the big 3-0!

9. Where is your next travel destination? I would LIKE for it to be someplace warm. Mexico or Hawaii maybe. In all liklihood, it''ll probably be CA to visit my parents or maybe to visit some friends in L.A. and go to Disneyland...we''ve been talking about making a trip down there within the next couple of months.

10. What is your dream wedding dress? Well, since I haven''t actually tried any on yet, it''s all speculation at this point. I TOTALLY fell in love with a Carolina Herrara that I saw in Martha Stewart Weddings last summer (I''ve since discovered it''s been discontinued). But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE lacy dresses. I''m torn between something super light and flowy for the beach and something super lacy and romantic. I''m sure it''ll be easy to decide once I actually start trying them on. I''m not going to want a 30 pound dress in 90+ degree heat!

14.gif
Oh, and I also love Pronovias'' Diamente. I''m pretty confident that style would look really good on me, but I might be sad if I didn''t do lace. Ah! I don''t know!
9.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 2:24:23 PM

Melissa Sweet Fern - I tried it on on the weekend
9.gif
and now we're on the prowl to not have to pay $6000 for it! Wheeeee!!!!!
Not sure if you'd be interested in a preowned dress, but check this out. I did a quick search for Melissa Sweet. "Fern" didn't come up, but there were a few dresses posted without style names or with numbers instead. I regularly stock this site, even though I don't quite have a ring on my finger yet!
2.gif

Oops, this is supposed to be directed to sammyj

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Raw cucumbers and green peppers

House, Biggest Loser, and Grey''s Anatomy

Mutual friends- We were best friends for years before we ever dated!

HOUSE!!!!

When people wear shoes inside a house

A little of both.... More tomboy though.

I''m already married, and it was my sister

8. How old are you?

Gatlinburg Tennessee

The dress I wore!!!
28.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock

1. What did you last eat? Dark Chocolate! =)

2. What''s your favorite TV show? hmm I don''t have one! I don'' t watch tv!

3. How did you and your SO meet? At College, through a mutual friend, he helped me move in to my dorm!

4. If you could have $20,000 towards a only wedding or a house, which would you choose? HOUSE!

5. What is an irrational pet peeve of yours? When I accidently waste money, I get really mad at myself, loL!

6. Are you a tom boy or a girly girl? GIRLY GIRLLLLLLLLL! *hearts, sparkles, flowers* teehee.

7. Who do you think your MOH will be? my best friend!

8. How old are you? 23

9. Where is your next travel destination? NY to see my bf!

10. What is your dream wedding dress? I don''t have one actually!

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Lucky Charms cereal.

I love true crime shows on TruTV (Court TV), but as far as fiction goes, I like "Heroes," "Lost," and "Gossip Girl."

We talked once on MySpace and then met up at school (We went to the same university), and I was so relieved that he was a cutie in real life, too! Haha. I have no shame, lol. We''re celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the 25th of this month.

House. We can elope and then throw a housewarming/reception party. I''m very practical.
2.gif

When people don''t properly pronounce words that they SHOULD know. For instance, an art teacher with a Masters in Art History should know that Baroque is pronounced as "bah-roak," not "barack," yet I see that happening all the time. Oh, and when people use "John and I" in all instances, not realizing that there are many times when they are suppoesd to say "John and me." (Ex: "Here is a picture of my husband and me," is the correct form).

I don''t like prisses who act helpless all the time, but I also do not like tomboys who act like they are better than you just because they prefer a football over a Barbie doll (like that singer Pink. She thinks that girls who actually enjoy being girls are bad. I can''t stand her).

Other than that, though, I love all things girly (perfume, fashion, shoes, hair, nails, makeup, etc.), but I''m not a priss.

Well, we''re planning on an elopement, but if we''re not, I''ll have my best friend be my MOH.

8. How old are you?

Las Vegas (for Spring Break, not to elope. Lol)

Something taupe, or grayish-taupe. It will be beautiful, I promise.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I love getting to know people.

I just ate macaroni and chicken nuggets. Which is also what I had for dinner last night, because I swear I''m five.

Burn Notice, House, Lie To Me, The Office, Dexter...

Calc III, on our first day of college classes.

House! I already have wedding money saved.
9.gif

Oh god I have so many... I''m trying really, really hard not to sweat small stuff. Um, I hate any chunks at all in tomato sauces.

I''m a huge nerd and very outdoorsy, but I still love sparkly and shiny things.

My best friend from college... I''ve lived with her for two years now.

8. How old are you?
21. (22 in June).

New Orleans for volunteer trip over Spring Break. Then Seattle for a summer internship.

Dropped waist, sweetheart neckline, corset back... and minimal lace and crystals/sequins/beading.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
--> Mashed potatoes, pork chops with demi glace, and corn.

--> I don''t really have one.

--> Online.

--> House, definitely. We could always elope, or wait for a wedding, but a house is a big goal right now.

--> Hmm, good question.. nothing comes to mind right away, though.

--> Tom boy.

--> One of my best friends.

8. How old are you?
--> 26.

--> Chicago in May.

--> Justin Alexander style 8428

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results