shape
carat
color
clarity

A few new pieces from Daniel M

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I thought I would post a few minor projects that I have finished since this will be it for a while. I'm also in the works of trying to put together some blingy earrings- possible going through BGD for my big project this year and so it is putting my setting budget back.

Anyhow for those who read my previous thread I thought my stones were lost in the mail but 6 weeks after I sent them off to Daniel M the post office returned them to me- the package had been damaged and you could no longer read the to address.

Anyhow I had Daniel and Caren make a white gold 3 prong pendant for my BB green/ blue 7.5mm tourmaline. I probably bought this from Barry over 2 years ago and am just now setting it :nono:
The color of the tourmaline didn't come out in the photos very well. It is much more of a lively green..to me i see a lot of grey in the DM's photos.

dm3.jpg

dm2.jpg

dm1.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The other stone is a small yellow pear shapped sapphire. It is something that I picked up for a really inexpensive price from a Japanese gemstne jeweler. I'm sure it is heated and might have other treatments but for the price I didn't care. It is very tiny. I'm guessing 3x5mm or something close to that, but i love the look of petite DBTY bracelets. I plan on wearing this "stacked" with my BGD DBTY bracelet, and my permanent bangle that is sutured onto my right wrist....does that make sense? Bracelet is in white gold with 18k yellow gold bezel.

dm5.jpg

dm4.jpg

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Love those! I am prepping to send my pink spinel from Gene to Daniel M to bezel into a DBTY bracelet in WG. Deciding on whether to millgrain or not.

Great pieces, thanks for sharing them!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
rubyprincess|1311681477|2976986 said:
Love those! I am prepping to send my pink spinel from Gene to Daniel M to bezel into a DBTY bracelet in WG. Deciding on whether to millgrain or not.

I would millgrain!!! The only reason why I didn't milligrain this was because I was going for a very modern look.

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Sarahbear621|1311682601|2976991 said:
rubyprincess|1311681477|2976986 said:

I would millgrain!!! The only reason why I didn't milligrain this was because I was going for a very modern look.

I think I agree. My e-ring is an antique inspired (Lisa halo on JbEG) but has no millgrain on it. I think mixing both mill and not-mill will add interest.

Anyway I love seeing a pear bezeled into a bracelet! I might have to make that a next project idea!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're both lovely! The green tourmaline is a really pretty color and I love the idea of stacking this little bracelet with the others.

Funny that you mention that it's taken 2.5 years for you to set the tourmaline-- I'm in the same boat! I bought so many stones over the last year and a half and most are still sitting in their gem boxes, lol :lol: !

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have vendor's photos? I am thinking of ordering something from him, but I never saw his bezels closely enough.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pieces and so glad they found their way back to you!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I remember hearing about your shipping problem...so glad you got the stones back!

The pieces look very pretty!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
crasru|1311692811|2977060 said:
Do you have vendor's photos? I am thinking of ordering something from him, but I never saw his bezels closely enough.

Hi Crasru,

These are the vendor photos ;-) For the most part I have always been very happy with Daniel's bezeling abilities, though I think JKT is my favorite...her wait list isn't. I have also had him bezel a pair of pale cushion cut earrings for my MIL that came out FANTASTIC!!! If you search under my name you will find a thread on them. Overall I'm very pleased with Daniel M for straight forward projects like this and would recommend him.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on all counts! For handmade bezels I still think nobody beats JKT, although recent threads highlight what happens to her work when she gets overextended. But Daniel M did a great job with my diamond pendant upgrade at less than 1/2 the price that WF would have been. I know his bezel work hasn't been highly praised in the past (i.e. MTG's star sapphire ring, which she said was kind of uneven), but I really think he's improved in the last few months or so.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1311717277|2977352 said:
Ditto on all counts! For handmade bezels I still think nobody beats JKT, although recent threads highlight what happens to her work when she gets overextended. But Daniel M did a great job with my diamond pendant upgrade at less than 1/2 the price that WF would have been. I know his bezel work hasn't been highly praised in the past (i.e. MTG's star sapphire ring, which she said was kind of uneven), but I really think he's improved in the last few months or so.

Jstarfireb- where are the threads on JKT's that you mentioned? I would be interested to read. I would honestly use her a lot more for projects but I cant take the year plus wait list. Right now I think she is booked through summer 2012. I would be curious to read about any unhappy clients/ projects.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are lovely, modern elegant designs. Enjoy!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great pieces. I love how the pear looks in a bracelet.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1311723374|2977464 said:
jstarfireb|1311717277|2977352 said:

Jstarfireb- where are the threads on JKT's that you mentioned? I would be interested to read. I would honestly use her a lot more for projects but I cant take the year plus wait list. Right now I think she is booked through summer 2012. I would be curious to read about any unhappy clients/ projects.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/speaking-of-jkt.161089/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-real-problems-with-jkt-custom-piece.161029/

:errrr: First link has some terrible bezel work (it's my thread and I'm entirely too familiar with the sh!tty workmanship.)

And the second is Arjunajane's. Which has talk about how expensive, how the wait was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long and other issues...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results