shape
carat
color
clarity

A dreamscape from Sea of Cortez and Hisano Shepherd

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very bad instinct for natural pearls - you'd never be done.

I might not be a collector, through years of playing with pearls for free [no limit...], all I could think about was which one would I keep at the end; there was no End - I found a new field to dig myself in instead & the time for such a pearl is now. The pin has the right idea for the small pearls that interest me.
You’re so correct. There’s never an end. Thank goodness the affliction is controllable... :lol:

Choosing one pearl, the finally-final pearl, that’s an even taller order. I’d have failed too. Consolation in numbers? o_O

Yes, no wonder it didn’t work :lol-2:
I mean, we’re talking about a man who just bought two bunches of parsley instead of one coriander and one parsley because “they look the same, I picked them from the right sections, must have been stocked wrong” :lol:

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean, we’re talking about a man who just bought two bunches of parsley instead of one coriander and one parsley because “they look the same, I picked them from the right sections, must have been stocked wrong” :lol:

:clap::lol-2::shhh:

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
@MiniMouse if/when you eventually go, please take some pictures and give those of us who are far away a peak behind the scenes!

I will. Unfortunately cannot get there at the moment with all the travel restrictions.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick phone pic from today - welcome distraction from the Real World. These are my absolute favourite pearls :love:

IMG_7543.JPG

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! What are the other pearls in the photo? Those tiny ones look intriguing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! What are the other pearls in the photo? Those tiny ones look intriguing.

The babies are both from Cees! 3.5-4mm akoyas - one blue, one multicolour. The blues aren't particularly well-matched but some are very strongly coloured - I'll probably remove some of the outlier pearls for more even colouring one day. Multicolours are very forgiving ::)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are really beautiful! Cees seems to have access to some incredible pearls.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lovely pearls all with great lustre - I'm a sucker for the babies as well ! Cees is great , he's a lovely man

LHethrington

Rough_Rock
I'm posting this piece here in SMTB for visibility. I learnt of these gemstones only recently myself!! These farmers are sorcerers and I want all my PS friends to discover their enchantments :love:

I bought these pearls loose, a couple at a time, from Perlas del Mar de Cortez in Guaymas, Mexico, over the course of about six months. They range from 9.1mm to 11.4mm. I rearranged them dozens of times before settling on this lineup. Hisano and I decided on thread and clasp. Heck, I photographed the whole layout.

I knew exactly what the finished bracelet would look like.

Hisano's printer-paper-lightbox snap of the piece that materialized from everything tied together... Still took my breath away.

SeaOfCortez_Hisano.png

These magical consummations of colour - fantasies of swirl and churn that feel so tauntingly ephemeral, that promise to elude capture - only something, somewhere, somehow managed to freeze them in time...

And perhaps the most inspiring reflection - these are pearls!! Just pearls, from one special breed of oyster - this is the sort of magic that creatures in our world are capable of!!

Websites:
https://perlas.com.mx/en/index.php
https://www.pearlparadise.com / https://littlehjewelry.com/

Wow they are amazing !!!!! Such beautiful pearls

LHethrington

Rough_Rock
I'm posting this piece here in SMTB for visibility. I learnt of these gemstones only recently myself!! These farmers are sorcerers and I want all my PS friends to discover their enchantments :love:

I bought these pearls loose, a couple at a time, from Perlas del Mar de Cortez in Guaymas, Mexico, over the course of about six months. They range from 9.1mm to 11.4mm. I rearranged them dozens of times before settling on this lineup. Hisano and I decided on thread and clasp. Heck, I photographed the whole layout.

I knew exactly what the finished bracelet would look like.

Hisano's printer-paper-lightbox snap of the piece that materialized from everything tied together... Still took my breath away.

SeaOfCortez_Hisano.png

These magical consummations of colour - fantasies of swirl and churn that feel so tauntingly ephemeral, that promise to elude capture - only something, somewhere, somehow managed to freeze them in time...

And perhaps the most inspiring reflection - these are pearls!! Just pearls, from one special breed of oyster - this is the sort of magic that creatures in our world are capable of!!

Websites:
https://perlas.com.mx/en/index.php
https://www.pearlparadise.com / https://littlehjewelry.com/

Beautiful ! Wow!

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness! What a happy discovery that I have stumbled upon this. Your bracelet is seriously out of this world!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Beautiful pearls truly - I'm just revisiting this post and enjoying the SoC all over again. The colours are just gorgeous ! I only just noticed , is that Silver gimp/french wire with the RG clasp ??

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pearls truly - I'm just revisiting this post and enjoying the SoC all over again. The colours are just gorgeous ! I only just noticed , is that Silver gimp/french wire with the RG clasp ??

Hey!! :wavey:

Thank you!! :love: And thank you for a great question!! I didn't know the answer so I asked Pearl Paradise - for yellow gold findings they use gold filled gimp, for white gold they use silver ::)

I remember from chatting with Hisano a few years ago that pink gimp is basically unheard-of :(sad I wonder if that's changed now though!!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, it's possible to get lots of different colours of gimp (aka French wire) There are different colours of gold (antique, pale, rose) plus a rainbow of colours including black (oxidised silver clasp).

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well they are just beautiful !!

All sorts of Gimp have been available for quite awhile now. As Pearlescence noted, many colours are out there. Bronze, antique shades, pale gold , dark gold, pink gold. I've used them for several years.
It might be that they don't carry it as RG findings aren't as widely used. I've been looking for nice pendant bails in RG for a client and it's surprising how little selection is out there.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings in the instagram link above now belong to @whitewave!! She was looking for earrings and those were the most colourful - she needed to have them - and I needed her to have them!! :bigsmile:

Fernando and Manuel found this pair for me, and I just sent the Mine!! reply ::) I'm so excited to add two more of these beauties to my little collection!!

IMG_6801 (2).JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_6804.JPG

IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6805.JPG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings in the instagram link above now belong to @whitewave!! She was looking for earrings and those were the most colourful - she needed to have them - and I needed her to have them!! :bigsmile:

Fernando and Manuel found this pair for me, and I just sent the Mine!! reply ::) I'm so excited to add two more of these beauties to my little collection!!

IMG_6801 (2).JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_6804.JPG

IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6805.JPG

Those are gorgeous!!! Wonderful rainbow of color!

797532 797533

Mine.

Edit, you can’t see the rainbow of color in these pics because I didn’t have anyone home to help me take photos. You can see the amazing luster!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited for you to get these yssie!

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Vendor pic!

EDF86155-069B-4332-85BB-8ABB378E956D.jpeg

:bigsmile:

Omg the colourful intense glow of these pearls, and the delicate way the settings totally match the pearls!! If fairies were real these would totally be what I'd imagine a fairy queen would wear!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These new earrings came in a few weeks ago but I'm only opened them just today - one thing after another getting in the way! These pearls are just as colourful and bright as I expected from the photos the farm sent, and the finished earrings are really light and comfortable :love:

SOC_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

SOC_2.png

SOC_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

SOC_3 copy.png

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful! I love the design of the small diamond at the post and then another one closer to the pearl.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning earrings. And the professional photography that gives the viewer, palpitations. In a good way.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. Typos. And the duplicate photo. This is why I don't do things on my phone - I'm literally all thumbs :rolleyes:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OdetteOdile Thank you! They feel very fancy! :cool2: The baby diamond near the pearl does spin a ton - never know what direction it's going to face. But it's so small - it doesn't bother me at all!

Sharon. You are always generous with your kind words. Thank you ::)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so goooood as a set! And the photo of you wearing them is so professional! They look great

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results