shape
carat
color
clarity

A CUT ABOVE vs Expert Selection

everstone

Rough_Rock
new4diamond|1450311820|3962457 said:
A CUT ABOVE vs Expert Selection, almost identical and $260 cheaper....am I missing something here?

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3599484,3520069

Haha whenever I see these things I'm reminded of how un-unique diamonds are. I can't believe we pay an arm and a leg for these things...

Yes one is an H but these are pretty much the exact same diamond. Kinda sucks the fun out of this stuff.

alamana

Shiny_Rock
everstone|1450312722|3962462 said:
Yes one is an H but these are pretty much the exact same diamond. Kinda sucks the fun out of this stuff.

Or puts the fun in; I guess it depends on what you find interesting.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
everstone said:
new4diamond|1450311820|3962457 said:
A CUT ABOVE vs Expert Selection, almost identical and $260 cheaper....am I missing something here?

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3599484,3520069

Haha whenever I see these things I'm reminded of how un-unique diamonds are. I can't believe we pay an arm and a leg for these things...

I couldn't disagree more with diamonds being un-unique. Each diamond has it's own very unique cut, look, presence and personality even if they have similar proportions. The ES diamond appears to have some digging of the girdle. Two diamonds that have similar angles and proportions can look very different from one another. Looks like there is also slightly less precision and symmetry of the ES diamond but to the regular consumer it's probably not noticeable.

There is a TON of fun to be had with diamonds.......

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, I agree.
Diamonds with different clarity grades and cut standards from the same vendor should be the same price.

Bryan Boyne, why does Whiteflash kinda suck the fun out of this stuff?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1450316287|3962487 said:

Oh, I agree.
Diamonds with different clarity grades and cut standards from the same vendor should be the same price.

Bryan Boyne, why does Whiteflash kinda suck the fun out of this stuff?
We suck the fun out because we want it all for ourselves. We had to decide between making money and having fun and we decided that making money was overrated. :wink2:

All seriousness aside, often the difference between A CUT ABOVE super ideal and Expert Selection hearts and arrows ideal is largely technical. It stands to reason that the differences would be small. We publish all the specifications and qualifications for both brands on our website so customers can decide for themselves what makes sense.

The appeal of A CUT ABOVE is not only the level of technical quality, but the consistency and dependability of performance that enables customers to buy remotely with full confidence. That may be boring to some, but I can assure you that our customers find it pretty exciting when they receive the finished product. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes we do!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results