color
clarity

A CS GTG in Hong Kong!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, this happened last night in Hong Kong :lol: :
psgtghk.jpg

DK168 is visiting town and we met up yesterday for a mini GTG :). I was so impressed by all of DK's projects and her loose stone collection - all her pieces are even more fantastic in person!

I only had a few meager loose CS and rings to share, but we had a great time. I'm sure the staff at the bar was mystified by the two ladies with gem boxes and jewelry all over the table.. :lol:

Here are a few photos to share. Apologies for the terrible photo quality (as it was night-time/indoors).

Doug/ Bespoke Gems natural blue topaz family reunion!
dmnbtopaz.jpg

DK's gorgeous white topaz by Jeff White. I was so excited to see this in person. All I could do was squeal in excitement and say "OMG THAT IS ONE GIANT SPARKLY ROCK!!!!". It was so big and sparkly that it left me speechless. :love:
scapolite1.jpg

My 9.7mm Barry peachy pink Mozambique tourmaline and DK's juicy raspberry 9mm rubellite from Jeff White. It's interesting to see the different pink colors.
bbtourmjwrubellite.jpg

DK trying on my 14ct Marlborough chrysoprase pear cut by Carey Robbins. :naughty: DK likes big rocks!
chrysoprase.jpg

Admiring DK's big blue emerald cut topaz
dkectopaz.jpg

Trying on DK's aqua and diamond ring.
dkaqua.jpg

DK was kind enough to bring her Richard Homer concave cut amethyst. It was my first time to see a RH and I was awed by the scintillation coming off this stone. The main stone was a beautiful perfect purple, and it had so many red flashes it was like fireworks going off due to the concave faceting. Gorgeous!! (The red flashes don't show up at all in the photo but they were very visible in person)
rhamth.jpg

First time for me to see an iolite! I also learned how hard they are to photograph. It was a real firecracker in person, yet I could not capture it accurately at all on camera. Trust me, it looks nothing like this photo below. It's much, much better IRL. It is a beautiful stone, like glittery confetti.
iolite.jpg

DK's zircon heart ring is super cute! :saint:
dkzirconheart.jpg

It was such a treat to meet a fellow CS enthusiast in person and to have the chance to play with DK's extensive collection. What fun! :bigsmile: :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your HK GTG photos. I love the chrysoprase pear the most. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
La! Glad to see you back and initially, I thought you bought out the entire HK Gem Show in spite of the title of the thread. :lol: Looks like the two of you had a great time and you should be the photographer for DK. You captured the "life" of the gems and jewellery far better than hers did.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you guys had so much fun! :D
Love all the pictures you shared of your get together.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the wonderful eyecandy :clap: :clap: :clap:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was so nice you were able to get together, sounds like a lot of fun! You both have gorgeous gems, thank you for the pics! :clap:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you guys were able to get together and have pictures of your lovely stones + rings! :appl: :appl: Looks like you had tons of fun, and glad that you captured photos for us to drool over! I'm especially loving those pink hues, and the giant topaz is amazing!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much fun! Thanks for sharing- loved the pics!

S

SparkliesLuver

How great!! :appl: I'm jealous. :lol: I'd love to do this with so many of you. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful pictures!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko, thank you so much for your photos so that we could virtually be there as well. One question: I thought the big white round of DK's was a danburite, or does she have multiple huge white rounds (it wouldn't surprise me knowing DK :lol: )?

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I am so jealous you got to share your love of sparklies. Thanks for sharing!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
That looked so much fun!!! Thanks for the eye candy. :bigsmile:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minou, ah you're right, it could be the danburite. DK does also have some beautiful large white topaz rounds too, though. I think I must have gotten mixed it up in my mind. (Although in my defense we did have several cocktails that night! :bigsmile: )

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for commenting! It was a lot of fun. If there are ever CS GTG in the US I might try to make it one day. :D

Chrono|1447418985|3949192 said:
La! Glad to see you back and initially, I thought you bought out the entire HK Gem Show in spite of the title of the thread. :lol: Looks like the two of you had a great time and you should be the photographer for DK. You captured the "life" of the gems and jewellery far better than hers did.

Thanks Chrono :) I was traveling and took a break for a while, but it's nice to be back posting. The HK Gem show isn't until later this month. I'm planning to go take a look at the Christie's jewelry exhibit during the show (window shopping only, of course). :naughty:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful! Thank you for sharing photos! :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Aww looks like you had a blast! Love the photos. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting us share in the fun! Seems you had a great time together! Great fun how dk travelled with so many stones.
That Danburite is really something :love:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42. Thank for sharing the pics and the impressions of DK's stones. I didn't realize how big DK's gems are. THat Aqua ring is huge. My favorite pic is the first one. Love seeing the ziplock bags and gem boxes and rings everywhere. So glad you two managed to make this GTG happen. Funny how I recognize all your hands and jewelry now.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Mochiko it all sounds like so much fun and now I want to see iolite in person. Thx for sharing. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gooey, I am here!
Got a local SIM with data as I missed reading the newspaper and PS. ;))
It was great meeting up with mochiko42, to be able to play with our CS and diamonds, to talk endlessly about jewellery (we did talk about other subjects, like food and our pets), a boozy night of great fun. :bigsmile:
We may be meeting up again towards the end of next week if our schedules allow.
I am no good at taking photos with my phone, and was in a rush to go to HK, hence I only posted a few photos of my newest arrivals recently. Glad to see the photos taken by mochiko on the night, while I was busy admiring her collection, in between sipping the delicious cocktails and eating the lovely food later. :bigsmile:
I miss my laptop, as it is laborious to type with 2 fingers on a phone. :roll:
More later, and here is a teaser pic of my new rings collected earlier today. :bigsmile:

imag0388.jpg

DK :bigsmile:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like you two had a great time! Thanks for including us in the fun by sharing your pics and stories.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK and I met up again for lunch, so I could check out her new rings. It was daylight this time so I was able to take some better photos!

Trying on DK's 2ct RB diamond :naughty: :naughty: I think it's the perfect size for me, maybe I should show my husband?? lol
2ctrbdk.jpg

DK's trio of new rings. I particularly love her new Christmas ring! It's very colorful and perfect for the holiday season.
directlight1.jpg
trio_backlit_dk.jpg

Group photos
group1.jpg group2.jpg

Look at that finger coverage! :bigsmile:
handshot_5.jpg

Close up of the spinel and tsav ring.
macroxmasring.jpg

My plum spinel ring
rosegoldspinel.jpg

Two purples, plum spinel and amethyst
twopurples.jpg

To the naked eye, the double refraction was more obvious in the blue zircon and not as obvious in the white zircon. When I looked at the white zircon under the loupe, then I clearly saw the double refraction.
twozircon.jpg

DK's shirt matches her beautiful new ring! :lol:
xmasshirttring.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my way home now, thanks mochiko42 for your hospitality!

See in in 2017, and I shall make sure I book well in advance so that I do not miss the jewellery show and Christie's auction!

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous bling extravaganza Mochiko and DK!!
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics.

Have a good journey back home DK!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results