shape
carat
color
clarity

A couple of new tourmalines

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Picked these up from eBay. I still don''t have a digital camera, but here are the seller''s pics. They look exactly like this in real life, so I''m pleased. Now I have to figure out what to do with them
21.gif

Tourmaline
9.34Ct
11.69 x 11.52 x 9.22mm
Peach With V.Slight Pink Undertones
IF/VVS1

190602506_o.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
The second one is a pretty bicolor.
Bi-Color Tourmaline
5.13Ct
11.29 x 7.50 x 6.62mm
Peach To Gold/Green Bi-Color
IF/VVS1

190602411_o.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
mmmm tourmalines! Do you think you want to set them? ...or just pet them from time to time?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha Coati, I was thinking the same thing.

PP, those are scrumptious looking gems
36.gif
Really beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. I bet they are even more beautiful in real life.

Linda

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! The cushion cut has an amazing cut!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I was surprised they were so nice. Most of the eBay stuff from Thai sellers have funky native cuts. These looked like they were cut by someone who really had it together.

I don''t think I''ll have them set for awhile though. I need to think about them for a bit.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that bi colour tourmaline is to die for! I''ve been looking for one for ages but can''t find the right one and now here it is!!!!

Lucky you! (Ooooo the other peach/pink is lovely too).

Many congratulations.

Can you share who the Ebay seller is please? As you say, it''s unusual to find such well cut gemstones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! I love your gems!! How lucky to find such amazing stones on ebay.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:36:26 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
OMG that bi colour tourmaline is to die for! I''ve been looking for one for ages but can''t find the right one and now here it is!!!!

Lucky you! (Ooooo the other peach/pink is lovely too).

Many congratulations.

Can you share who the Ebay seller is please? As you say, it''s unusual to find such well cut gemstones.
I had to go back and look it up, it was Gem-Earth.

The profile says UK, but they shipped from Thailand. I think they arrived in aprox. 14 days.
Don''t count on the low starting prices, most gems end up selling around the $200-$300 range.

They have a lot of really nice spinels from the pics, but I''ve not purchased one...yet.
12.gif

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Wow! The bi-colored is lovely, but I''m SO digging the peach-colored beauty. Yummy!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The bicolored one is enchanting.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love both of them!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 5:57:08 PM
Author: coatimundi
mmmm tourmalines! Do you think you want to set them? ...or just pet them from time to time?
You know, when I first came to this forum and I saw that people were just buying gems just for the pleasure of owning them, I really couldn''t understand it.

Now I totally get it. Top of my Christmas list this year is going to be a large case filled with little individual cases. I think my DH will be horrified.

Beautiful stones, can''t wait to see your pictures.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2008 9:55:12 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 12/1/2008 5:57:08 PM
Author: coatimundi
You know, when I first came to this forum and I saw that people were just buying gems just for the pleasure of owning them, I really couldn''t understand it.

Now I totally get it. Top of my Christmas list this year is going to be a large case filled with little individual cases. I think my DH will be horrified.

Beautiful stones, can''t wait to see your pictures.
I love gemstones because they''re wonders of the Earth. While you can buy a stereo, clothing, car, or other material object, a gemstone is extraordinary because it''s part of the beauty of nature. It was created over eons of time. I read that diamonds are probably the oldest rocks on earth (billions of years old). I think it''s fascinating to have somethng so ancient, natural and beautiful.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh - that bi-color tourmaline is SO beautiful! I''m generally not a fan of bi-colored stones, but that is so cool looking! It kind of reminds me of a gummi worm candy!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I think that''s a tri-colored tourmaline because it''s pink, yellow and green. Nice find!

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oooooo. Those are nice!!! As others have mentioned, they look well-cut too. The folks at Gem Earth are nice, aren''t they? I''ve bought from them in the past and was pleased with the customer service and responsiveness...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo YUMMY! I love both of them.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results