shape
carat
color
clarity

A confession and a reveal - new DKJ 3 stone

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m happy you’re happy! She’s a beauty and looks wonderful on your hand.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring. The huge honker ring was impressive, but I like this one a lot more. I love the balance, the spectacular cut and color of the stones and the way it looks on your hand. It's still very, very impressive, but it looks like you're wearing the ring whereas the other ring looked like it was wearing you. Very classy and very beautiful! :love: :love: Enjoy!!

Q

Queenie60

Classic and beautiful - love the two tone. Glad you have what your heart truly desires. Enjoy wearing this blingy beauty!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

<sigh> I know... I've been waiting for this.....

I'm still keeping the halo! Do you even *like* the three stone...maybe a little bit? <sigh> I triiiiied the halo! I did! It just wasn't me - tho I *do* think it will look fab with a colored gem center. (where's the puppy in trouble emoji?)

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the ring on IG before seeing this post and loved it! I have very similar tastes in erings like you do, so I can completely understand appreciating the halo, but not loving it for yourself. I’m so glad you were able to quickly rectify it and find “the one” (or one of “the ones” :P2).

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Not much I can add that hasn't already been said, but I agree that your ring is really beautiful. Congrats!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re ring is seriously pretty darn perfect. The curve and color of the shank and the prongs, and oh yummy....those stones! :love: Simple, classic perfection! Enjoy.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep missing so much in my absences!!! In fact I keep thinking I'm going to come on and find that DS has reset her AVR and then I'll be dead :lol-2:.

You are my hero mrs-b. Seriously. It takes a lot of guts to own it and get what you want. I love your halo and whether one likes halos or not, I don't think anyone can argue it's beauty. Your halo with a colored stone? Heaven! I was a teensy bit surprised you went with a halo because you always loved a solitaire and a three stone, but hey....you never know! It all makes sense that you went with a three stone though and DS is totally right in that you just don't know with 100% certainty until you've had a certain piece and can say genuinely if you love it or not. Your ring is magnificent as is all of your jewelry. This is special because it's so you and you know it ;)2. Congratulations on a ring that makes you giddy and smile!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D35EA5AE-AE4A-4127-8D14-F17F70073C8C.png I think I like the 3-stone ring better... but I might need photos before I can decide ;-)

But your halo is going to look AWESOME with a gemstone centre! Inspiration pic above :)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mrs B, This ring is absolutely gorgeous! It just looks stunning.

I understand the halo dilemma. I LOVE them on other people’s hands and loved it on my hand for a month. Then I realized I prefer simple settings on my hand. I still find it strange because I find them so beautiful on everyone else. I wear my halo occasionally and get the most compliments on the halo. It just doesn’t feel like me..if that makes sense.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I can visualize things accurately and all day long. What I CAN'T work out is whether I'm going to like it when I see it - and especially if I'm going to like it on ME. There really is no substitute for putting the thing on your finger! Have you thought any more about your re-set? I do think, if you reset that gorgeous new ring of yours, you need to use all the current smaller stones in the cluster to make a band, so you keep all the original elements in a 'wearable-together' form. And if you *don't* re-set it - I have to say - you'll get my vote! The more I look at it, the more I like it, just as she is. :))

Aww thanks @mrs-b. That means a lot coming from you.
I am enjoying wearing her just as she is right now and will see how it goes. One thing I do know is that there is more than one setting I would enjoy wearing her in so I am taking my time and enjoying the process and having fun imagining the possibilities. In my heart I am a solitaire girl but it's fun to try on other options and see where that takes me.

And yes knowing how the diamond will look in a setting is one thing but knowing how she will look on you is quite another. So glad you found your HG diamond and your HG setting.:appl:
Wear her in health and happiness and blingy joy.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and classic! I love both rings but I think this ring will be more timeless. And an F! Definitely no tint there!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire - thank you so much! It's the 'on my hand' part that's so different. Both are gorgeous rings, but a 3-stone just makes my heart go pitter-pat!

Hi @natasha-cupcake - I have to say, I do prefer the size of this one for a 3-stone. It curves around my finger beautifully. To be clear - I LOVE a big ring, but I like curves even more.

Thanks, @Queenie60 :wavey: At this point, I really DO have what my heart desires, and I feel so lucky and am so grateful. I never, in my WILDEST DREAMS, thought I'd have a ring like this. I remember living in Australia in my 20's, and dreaming of a 1ct ring. I never pictured myself being in the position where I owned a 5 ct diamond, then a 4 ct diamond, and thinking "nope - I'd like something smaller...." Life can be...surprising. :))

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm still keeping the halo! Do you even *like* the three stone...maybe a little bit? <sigh> I triiiiied the halo! I did! It just wasn't me - tho I *do* think it will look fab with a colored gem center. (where's the puppy in trouble emoji?)

LOL. I do like the three stone. Hopefully this will be it.....right?.....right?? The halo will look fab with a colored gem center stone.

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful! I love it on your hand! Congrats on making that decision! Now I want to go back and read your earlier threads about your halo.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Wewechew! I have to say, I hope I never make such a big mistake ever again. Fixing a mistake isn't as hard as admitting to everyone that you made one! But WF and DKJ made it as painless for me as is humanly possible. I now have a very humble attitude to all those people who agonized and postedpostedPOSTED over a setting...then changed it! o_O

@Gabbycat - thank you. "Really beautiful" - I think that sums it up nicely. :))

Thank you, @Sandeek. I really do think, for me, that this ring is perfect. Size - color - design - workmanship on both stone and setting - there's really nothing I'd change. I'm absolutely thrilled!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @nala! :mrgreen: And I'm loving your double halo!!

@JDDN - I LAUGHED when I read your post! One day @diamondseeker2006 will come out with a jaw dropping AVR/CvB creation, and we will ALL be dead!! Seriously tho, I do like to try new styles with jewelry, but I just got it wrong with the halo. I can't WAIT to see it with the tourm in it, but that won't be for another 4-5 months yet; I am all ringed out for now! By which I mean, I've done about 20 projects this year and I am DONE.
This year was always going to be the year of the projects for me, and I'm really happy with the projects I've done. My collection is soooo close to where I want it to be; it's really satisfying. :)

Thanks, @pearaffair! That's a lovely inspiration idea! I'm quite excited about the new halo ring; when all is said and done, that halo was still the first halo I've ever had and I believe it can be made into something I really love. Watch this space! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake - I'm so glad to hear from someone who has had a similar dilemma! I think halos are gorgeous! I look at @m-2-b's beauties, or Frankie's - and I think they're sublime! And I think they're by FAR the best way to set colored stones! But on me, diamond in diamonds....no. It was too much to take in all at once - while still not being visually intriguing enough. I wonder if I just got the design wrong, but I can't figure out how changing the design would improve it. I do think a different colored center will improve it a LOT, tho. So I'm really looking forward to that. And I have my 3 stone now - which I adore. :))

@missy - if you set your beautiful new stone as a solitaire, it will be QUITE the solitaire! If you set it in a halo, or any other style of setting - it will be jaw dropping. You cannot go wrong with a stone like that. How are you finding the bump in color? I know you loved the color of Bea; are you finding this just as appealing to your eye, or do you feel you've lost a smidge of the antique-y feel? And just to throw in my 2c worth...I like the beach shots of Bubbalah the best! :kiss2:

@kayla17 - no tint whatsoever. Which I LOVE. And I agree; a 3-stone is timeless. Thank you for those lovely words. :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b can you share the crown and pavilion angle of your new stone? I just love to see the stats!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back hoping you have posted more pictures. Also, will you be custom making a match in band?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - what is this 'it' you speak of?? You mean...end of the road? NO MORE DIAMONDS?? Woman - are you insane?! Of course this isn't it! But I think this is the 'it' for this ring. I want to do one more big diamond solitaire. But I'm not sure if I want a blindingly white round, a warm EC, a pear, or - god forbid! - all three!! But, for what it's worth, I love this ring, and I don't think I'll ever change it. This one is a forever ring, and I get excited every time I look at it. :)) I've been sending Amy at DKJ texts and photos. They read something like: "Day 3. Still the most perfect ring in the world." :mrgreen: So this one will be a keeper. Apart from which - with these stones - there's really nothing left to 'improve'!

@scoutfinch - I've done so many projects this year - most of them without missing a beat. But *this* ring was a nightmare. I over thought it, changed the stone, changed the style - twice - and was basically one of *those* customers! So it makes pretty good reading if you want to read about a woman losing her mind over a piece of jewelry! I have a thread called something like "Help! I'm lost in the land of resetting!" It's interesting to see my thoughts at that point, as well as the people who said "But you LOVE 3-stone rings! What are you doing?!" Oy vey. What a nincompoop!

@MissGotRocks - certainly! The crown and pavilion angles are 34.3 and 40.7 respectively. And its light return is off the chain!

Diamond stats.jpeg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Do you have a thread showing your collection? I want to see these 19 other projects!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D35EA5AE-AE4A-4127-8D14-F17F70073C8C.png I think I like the 3-stone ring better... but I might need photos before I can decide ;-)

But your halo is going to look AWESOME with a gemstone centre! Inspiration pic above :)

lol i have that ring in my favorites on TRR in case i stumble upon a money tree :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Both rings are gorgeous and I hope you wear the lovely new three stone in good health. This thread really underscores to me that something can be beautiful and desirable and still not be quite right for us, and sometimes you just don't know until you put it on. I'm glad it was resolved so beautifully for you MrsB. Waiting to see that tourmaline =D

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing reveal

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous three stone...and the finger coverage is off the charts! :love::love::love:
I’m a halo girl myself so every time I venture into something new, I end up wishing it were a halo. :lol-2: Anyway, I can totally see why you changed it up and went with a 3 stone. :D

Now I’m off to reacquaint myself with the halo ring and try vizualizing a gorgeous green tourmaline in there.
Do you already have the tourmaline? I’d love to see pics.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 - the heart just wants what it wants, doesn't it? There is no accounting for the individuality of taste.

To help you visualize, I thought I'd share the video I was sent. Unfortunately, when I shared it to Youtube, the color became much more dull than in the video I have. But hopefully this will give you some idea. I like that this is a true green, not a blue/green. I cant remember its ctw - somewhere in the 5.5 region? It's diameter, tho, is 10.35mm - exactly the same as my previous diamond was.

Let me know what you think? But do imagine something just a shade brighter....

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 - the heart just wants what it wants, doesn't it? There is no accounting for the individuality of taste.

To help you visualize, I thought I'd share the video I was sent. Unfortunately, when I shared it to Youtube, the color became much more dull than in the video I have. But hopefully this will give you some idea. I like that this is a true green, not a blue/green. I cant remember its ctw - somewhere in the 5.5 region? It's diameter, tho, is 10.35mm - exactly the same as my previous diamond was.

Let me know what you think? But do imagine something just a shade brighter....

It looks beautiful and I can’t wait to see it set. :kiss2: How did you manage to get the exact size as the diamond? Did you have this cut or was it happenstance? Btw, I love the true green color (even if it is skewed a bit by YouTube). :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results