shape
carat
color
clarity

A confession and a reveal - new DKJ 3 stone

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 - you are so sweet! Thank you for your kind comments about this new beauty. She is very close to my heart, so all encouraging words are gratefully received. :))

@MissGotRocks - I am not at ALL surprised that you knew! You've got an eagle eye on you, lady! And yes, you were totally right. To my eye, it was just 'off' - and I was nodding when I read your comment that jewelry (and rings in particular, I think?) has to be 'just right' or it's not right at all. SO TRUE! My tummy goes 'flip-flop' when I look at it, and I get a HUGE grin on my face! That never happened with the halo, which is probably all the indication I needed.
I'm having 2 bands made to go with it. The first one is a new Holly wedding ring - similar to the one I had made to go with the halo, but a tiny tad bit wider, and more rounded. The second ring is an anniversary ring with 9 x 10pt stones. I love eternity rings, but I find mine, despite my best endeavors, get filled with hand cream. So I'm going with an anni ring, which I'll be able to wear alone, or with the Holly band, or with the e-ring. The Holly band will go with the e-ring, but should also work well with the new green tourm halo. So all up - this girl will have options! :mrgreen:

@Niel , I swear, our taste is like a frigging mirror image. I'm so glad you like this ring - it's one big, fat "aaaaaaaaaahhhhh" sigh of relief for me. And...see the small sides? All you, girl. All you.
Bless you.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @stonewell :wavey: I love this ring. And, like you, I truly admired the halo. But 'love' is better. Way better. :)) I can't wait to see the tourm set either! I want to wear it with the Holly band, and I think they'll look beautiful together! You don't see a lot of strong, pure green rings, so this will be something special. (...i hope...)

Thank you, @Lookinagain :)) I am SO looking forward to seeing you! If your fingers were anywhere NEAR mine in size, you'd be more than welcome to wear my new 3 stone. As it is, you can wear it as a tiara. :mrgreen: (and pls bring your moi et toi with you - I'd like to see it, if you don't mind)

Thank you, @InsecureSweetGirl! I have to admit, it took some sort of gall to return a custom cut 4ct ACA!! WhiteFlash has my eternal respect for being the best diamond company in the biz! And David Klass Jewelry...well, what can I say that I haven't already? Those people REALLY want you to have what you love. They are my 'jeweler for life'.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So classy and classic and awesome!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly sublime and a masterpiece!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b this is perfection! Everything about it is gorgeous. Your taste is divine!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took a few ore photos today. It's raining and overcast, but the ones from yesterday were taken at night, so these are a lot better, despite the gray skies.

20181013_081511.jpg

20181013_081428.jpg

20181013_081704.jpg

20181013_081441.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I love it so so much.

And you’re smart to listen to that little voice and make a change! Good on you! It’s not easy to do that but I’m glad that you did. This ring is AWESOME!

May I ask the significance of holly to you? Just curious.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Well since confessions are on the table, I must confess I'm not at all surprised and I knew this was coming since our convo back in March!!! They way you expressed yourself about 3 stones was obvious that it was what you truly loved and why I had encouraged you to go that route! Plus you have made several comments in the last few weeks that had my wheels turning and betting how long until you changed it :lol-2:

I'm so glad you didn't settle and were able to make this what you truly wanted-it is spectacular and drop dead gorgeous of course!! :love: Definitely no sense in having something that's not just right for you and this ring is perfection! Enjoy!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw. I love a double 4 prong. Satisfies all the ocd in me. It’s quite perfect.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the new WF stone and DK reset! 3 stone rings are definitely the way to go for you! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone interested, there's video of it up on David Klass Jewelry's Instagram page.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@motownmama - thanks, MM. Takes one to know one. :))

Thank you, @marymm! I feel as tho I've waited a lifetime for this ring. I'm so glad you like it, because I know you enjoy a good 3 stone! :wavey:

Awwww - thanks, @eapj! :)) I am absolutely thrilled with it. I have -ZERO- reservations about it. This is THE ring, and I knew it as soon as I saw it. It was all in the proportions. (...and - seriously - who knew??) :mrgreen:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @pearaffair - While my name isn't exactly Holly, it's something close. I also love Christmas, so holly in general means something to me. And you're dead right about 'that little voice' - try as hard as you like, once that voice starts chirping, it never shuts up!

Well, @ac117! If you knew back in March...could you not have told MEEEE? :lol-2: Seriously tho, I think I knew too. I wonder now if I went with the halo to make sure that this was a style I *didn't* want long term? I'd been looking at halos for so long, and seen so many gorgeous halo rings, I think I'd reached the place where I thought "SURELY I should get a halo! Surely?" So I did. But - you were completely right, I am a 3-stone girl, or a plain solitaire girl. One or the other. But not a halo, gorgeous tho they are. This ring is just completely glorious to my eyes; I think it's perfect.

@LLJsmom - I totally agree. It's something about the balance of a double 4 prong that appeals to my eye. I love them.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh mymymy. Really gorgeous! Love the high color diamonds!

cheers--Sharon

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is just beautiful, @mrs-b, as are all of your pieces! I am so glad that you recognized what was true for you and that you followed your heart, and the results is amazing!! I truly love trilogy rings; they are so effortlessly graceful, gorgeous, and timeless. Enjoy!! :love::love::love:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! It has a similar swoop as my very small DK 3-stone - so elegant and fluid. I love it! And those diamonds are TDF.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the stats on the peekaboo diamond? Is it an ACA too? I love the little starburst in the back - is there meaning behind it?

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @LinSF :)) I think EC 3 stones are just the most elegant ring! Do you have photos somewhere? I'd love to see! Looking at other people's jewelry is one of the great joys of PriceScope!

Here's a photo of my 3 stone EC, not to hijack the thread for your lovely ring though! It's so hard to capture a good photo.

20181013_133923.jpg
And as worn with her friends
20181013_134019.jpg

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Mrs-b, you have out done yourself once again! I love the new three stone ring......I love the double prongs and th I love the proportion! A stunning and very elegant ring! Wear it in happiness!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the claw prongs and the surprise diamond! Spectacular!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous @mrs-b!!! Everything about it is perfect- the setting, the diamonds, how it looks on your hand! :love: Love the proportions too - so glad you have a ring that makes you happy! :appl:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Happy that you went with your gut on this :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @missy :kiss2: I'm SO happy with it! I loved the halo - and I was so impressed by the workmanship, but I knew from day 1 it wasn't right. I remember waking up on the first morning after I received it, and seeing it on my night stand, and having a slight sinking feeling in my tummy and thinking "oh damn...I'd forgotten about you..." :( NOT the response you want to a new piece of jewelry!

I really understand this decision, and it is a situation that many of us find ourselves in. There's just no way to know unless we try out a ring design.

Yes, exactly. This is why I am concerned about going a custom route. I cannot visualize something like this to save my life. I am glad you have the resources to make it right and pleased you have the ring of your dreams now. It makes it that much sweeter you had this journey to travel to get there. Anything worth while tends to take hard work and the end result is the sum of all your effort. :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, mrs-b, it is gorgeous. I love all your pieces so I couldn't say I didn't love the halo too. I am so glad that you found a way to make the piece something that makes your heart sing. I can't imagine giving up that 4 carat but I know I stones are not for everyone. I can't wait to see your setting with the tourmaline . I imagine it will be stunning. I am so glad you decided to keep the setting.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b - Thank you so much! I love this ring - absolutely love it. It's understated, it's glaringly white, and it's soooo easy to wear. And I feel as tho the proportions are perfect for me. If it were a solitaire, I think the 4ct would have been better. But as a three stone, this is goldilicks kinda right. :))

Thanks, @canuk-gal! I'm right there with ya! MyohmyohMY!! :mrgreen: And yes, the high colored diamonds are a relief, to be honest. I've taken a leaf out of @ceg's book, which her stunningly beautiful and gorgeously white HP diamonds!

@carbonfan - thank you for those very kind words. I really agree that 3 stones are effortlessly grateful. They never go out of style, they're not at all faddish, but they always catch the eye. I'm very grateful to have this beauty on my hand.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife - seriously, seeing your 3 stone was like going home for me. I love that ring, and it reminded me of all the things I appreciate in jewelry. There is a LOT of inspiration from your ring in my ring. The little diamond in the back is meant to be 2 pts, but I think is smaller because the band is more narrow. It's just something I started doing years ago, and my husband liked it and said I should do it on all my rings. So I do, if the band is narrow. If it's wider, I do the holly leaves, as my name is very close to Holly.

@LinSF - thank you so much for sharing some photos of your EC 3 stone; what an elegant, classy ring! I'd love to see it without the spacer, if you feel like taking any more photos. What a glorious ring; you must be very proud!

@Mcgregor - thank you! I think you and I will now be equally '3-stone-classy'! What a shame I don't have your beautiful tiny little fingers! So jealous!! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby - thank you so much! The little prongs are delightful, as are all the finishing touches on this ring. I don't think I've ever had a ring I've been more happy with than I am with this one. Which is a very nice thing to be able to say! :))

Thank you, @junebug17 :wavey: This ring REALLY makes me happy! You know that feeling you used to get as a kid on Christmas morning? Well, every single time I look at this ring. :kiss2: And believe me, I'm looking at this ring plenty! Thank you for your kind words. :))

@KKJohnson - thank you. Me too. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs - me too! Why is it that going with one's gut so often feels like going out on a limb?? And yet it's almost always the right thing to do! I can only say that I wish I'd done that in the first place and saved myself the angst and everyone else all the trouble. But we got there in the end! And I am so happy with this ring. :)

@missy I can visualize things accurately and all day long. What I CAN'T work out is whether I'm going to like it when I see it - and especially if I'm going to like it on ME. There really is no substitute for putting the thing on your finger! Have you thought any more about your re-set? I do think, if you reset that gorgeous new ring of yours, you need to use all the current smaller stones in the cluster to make a band, so you keep all the original elements in a 'wearable-together' form. And if you *don't* re-set it - I have to say - you'll get my vote! The more I look at it, the more I like it, just as she is. :))

Hi @luv2sparkle - thank you! I loved the halo also, and to this day cannot say what it was about it that sort of made me go "No. Nah-uh. Mmmmnope." when I had it on my finger. I think it was actually a collection of small things, but mostly the shape of the big circle surrounded by a bigger circle, and the tint to the main stone. In one way, I wish I'd never changed it from a solitaire, but I did and there you go, and now I have my dream ring. And I can tell you one thing for sure; this ring will make it IMPOSSIBLE for me to go back to an I ever again! I like white. I just really, really do, and there's no getting away from it. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results