shape
carat
color
clarity

A Book(s) Thread

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, Deb! I appreciate the help. I've never read books about spies, FBI agents, etc., although I love watching those kind of movies.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1372446664|3473862 said:
Thanks so much, Deb! I appreciate the help. I've never read books about spies, FBI agents, etc., although I love watching those kind of movies.

They (the spy books, et cetera) are my favorite escape besides the Regency romances of Georgette Heyer, many of which I have practically memorized over the years! (By the way, you really should read Secret Sanction by Brian Haig if you are going to read this genre.) A few pages back you asked me which female authors I liked. I love Jane Austen and Emily Eden. I have, however, read and reread Georgette Heyer more than either of the above women. I like some women who write detective stories, for instance I am very fond of the Deborah Knott series of detective stories set in North Carolina written by Margaret Maron. At one time I went through a P.D. James period. I read Dorothy Sayers' series about Lord Peter Wimsey. I really loved a set of books by British mystery novelist S.T. Haymon who wrote Death and The Pregnant Virgin; Death of a God; Ritual Murder; and some other books featuring detective Ben Jurnet. It is really hard for me even to think about all the wonderful books by women I have read, though. I mean, what about the classics? I am quite old and I have been reading all my life. I have probably forgotten more books I read than the average person has read! (Losing my memory has helped with that.)

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1372055319|3471199 said:
babs23r|1372035074|3471093 said:
Anyone have a favorite to suggest? Love historical fiction, or a good drama.

Devil in the White City - not historical fiction but history - told in a riveting manner. You'll wish it had been a fictional account.

If I remember correctly, this thread stayed on the first page of Hangout for a long time, which I thought was remarkable given the fate of "The Library" (the forum called "The Library", I mean). I thought it should be given another chance, since it was popular for a while.

I am now reading, Devil in the White City. I have not gotten very far and am not sure that I will finish the book, but I think I know what VRBeauty meant by her comment about how the reader would wish it had been a fictional account. I suspect that harrowing things are about to happen. And I read "the Prey" series by John Sandford about detective Lucas Davenport!

PS-I just finished The Buzzard Table by Margaret Maron. It was a Deborah Knott mystery and satisfying, as usual.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Deb, keep going with Devil in the White City -- I had a hard time getting into it, but it gets rivetting once you do. I couldn't put it down.

What fun to find another Georgette Heyer fan! Can't count the number of times I've read her books. They're just a blast. Her mysteries don't do much for me, though -- have you read any of them? I also LOVE Peter Wimsey -- periodically get cravings for Sayers & dig out Peter from the bookcase, same for Jane Austen. I actually read more history than fiction but need a vacation in the form of good mysteries or classics every so often. I read Oliver Twist recently to catch up my Dickens memories.

Found another author who writes great detective stories: Linda Castillo. Her detective is a female police chief in Ohio Amish country, Kate Burkholder; intelligent mysteries & she's very good at character nuance. Things are clearest if you read them in order: first one is Sworn to Silence.

I'll try some of your authors!

--- Laurie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1374404649|3487128 said:
What fun to find another Georgette Heyer fan! Can't count the number of times I've read her books. They're just a blast. Her mysteries don't do much for me, though -- have you read any of them?

Since we appear to have similar taste in reading material, I will definitely take note of Linda Castillo. I believe that I have read all of Georgette Heyer's mysteries, but although I can tell that she wrote them, they are not books that I want to reread constantly. So I would say that I feel similarly to the way you feel: they do not do as much for me as her Regency romances.

When I was teaching history at an all girls school, I found out that my mentor in the history department, a woman who had been my own high school history teacher, was a Georgette Heyer fan. She read almost solely non-fiction books, but she had a huge library of Georgette Heyer books that she read for "comfort". It was her equivalent of tomato soup and crackers. She could correct my quotations from some of the books!

When she died about five years ago, I was still living in Virginia and she was in Connecticut. The Old Girls Network from my former school told me that she had left me something. I met with another teacher the next time I returned to Connecticut and out of the trunk of her car came several large cardboard boxes of Georgette Heyer books! (I now have many duplicates!)

Deb

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, keep going with Devil in the White City -- I had a hard time getting into it, but it gets rivetting once you do. I couldn't put it down.

What fun to find another Georgette Heyer fan! Can't count the number of times I've read her books. They're just a blast. Her mysteries don't do much for me, though -- have you read any of them? I also LOVE Peter Wimsey -- periodically get cravings for Sayers & dig out Peter from the bookcase, same for Jane Austen. I actually read more history than fiction but need a vacation in the form of good mysteries or classics every so often. I read Oliver Twist recently to catch up my Dickens memories.

Found another author who writes great detective stories: Linda Castillo. Her detective is a female police chief in Ohio Amish country, Kate Burkholder; intelligent mysteries & she's very good at character nuance. Things are clearest if you read them in order: first one is Sworn to Silence.

I'll try some of your authors!

--- Laurie

I've never read Georgette Heyer but I'll check out her books. I was trying to think of the author and series that I read last summer, I think, and it's Linda Castillo. Thanks for the reminder, JF! I liked her books but found them pretty gruesome.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Zoe said:
I liked her books but found them pretty gruesome.
They are fairly graphic, Zoe. You see the same stuff on every screen, but reading it is different, somehow. However, her stuff is smart -- so many writers make their characters do stooopid things in order to get into the mess they need for the plot & everyone around them is equally dim. Castillo's people come across as real -- I kept re-reading little descriptive asides that were so perceptive & true. She doesn't over-emotionalize either, which is refreshing.

AGBF said:
The Old Girls Network from my former school told me that she had left me something. I met with another teacher the next time I returned to Connecticut and out of the trunk of her car came several large cardboard boxes of Georgette Heyer books! (I now have many duplicates!)

A real "awwww." How lovely! Beyond the books themselves, it says, "I love you. Remember that."

--- Laurie

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
How funny that this thread should pop up again today- I just finished a book I wanted to share and was going to dig it up again!

I haven't tried any Georgette Heyer, yet, any particular titles to start with, ladies?

I've finished several enjoyable, fluffy, little fantasy books over the last few weeks. Castle in the Air, a companion novel to Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynn Jones; always a nice read, but I still love Howl the best. The Selection and The Elite, by Keira Cass; super light, fluffy, easy reads. Technically dystopian, but princess dystopian; I'll read the last book in the series when it comes out next year and gave them solid 3 stars each on Goodreads.

But the one I really wanted to mention is The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, by Katherine Howe. A nice, fat story of historical fiction and modern day discovery of it, centered on the Salem Witch Trials, a dash of magic and alchemy thrown in, and a predictable but happy romance. 3.5 stars, highly enjoyable and a nicely paced.

How's everyone's summer reading going?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aviastar|1374430419|3487308 said:
I haven't tried any Georgette Heyer, yet, any particular titles to start with, ladies?

Hi, aviastar!

My all-time favorite is Cotillion, but I wouldn't recommend starting with it. I think that it was written when Miss Heyer was more mature and she had her heroine choose a less conventional hero. It also has a slower start than many of her books. I enjoy reading it now because it is full of her sly, witty descriptions, but to a new reader it might be very tedious. I would save Cotillion for a time when you have already become a fan, then be ready for some belly laughs.

I would start with Frederica or The Grand Sophy, I think.

Deb/AGBF

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The Toll Gate and The Convenient Marriage are also good to start with.

Deb -- do you like P.G. Wodehouse? He's another writer of whom I need a fix now & then. Absolutely adore his use of language!

--- Laurie

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't remember if I recommended this book yet or not..http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Garden-ebook/dp/B003672JHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374442801&sr=8-1&keywords=kristin+hannah+winter+garden I read it a few months ago, b/c my Gramma read it and she enjoyed it so much. I thought it was really good-good enough to read it again but I will wait a little while b/c it's still so fresh in my mind. Have not read anything else by this author but there are a few at the library here that I will check out. I put it off for a few weeks b/c I just wasn't "in the mood" for it..but then I finished the ones I had here and the library was closed and thought eeehhh might as well-and then I was hooked on it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1374441980|3487376 said:
The Toll Gate and The Convenient Marriage are also good to start with.

Deb -- do you like P.G. Wodehouse? He's another writer of whom I need a fix now & then. Absolutely adore his use of language!

The Convenient Marriage always makes me cry, even though it is very sweet. Poor Horry loves that crazy guy so much. I do have the right book, don't I? I like The Toll Gate a lot. The Unknown Ajax is another one of my all-time favorites. Claude and Vincent's mother is my favorite. When she says that Hugo has to overcome his tendency towards levity and no one else has a clue what she is talking about, I am ready to spit out laughing!

Deb, really enjoying this!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I do love many of her characters, especially the older women & men. She makes them so funny -- the picture of the fabled English eccentrics, who are regrettably gone now in these PC times. That's also one thing I love about Wodehouse -- his characters are loony in a quintessential English way.

Winter Garden rings a bell -- think I read a review of it & wanted to read it, then forgot. I do that all that time. ;(

--- Laurie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laurie-

This just keeps getting better. I was eating dinner and I suddenly remembered...actually I slowly pieced together...a memory from Cotillion. Do you remember that Kitty Charing and Freddie, and perhaps another friend of Freddie's who was up at Eton with him, remember a Greek character who kept sneaking up on people, but they couldn't remember his name? (Later it is revealed that they meant Nemesis.) Freddie gets annoyed and says that Kitty must have had too much sun (or something) because there weren't any Greeks up at Eton with him.

Deb
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I finished Devil In The White City by Erik Larson. I think I finished it this morning, although it might have been yesterday; days just flow together for me sometimes!

I did find it compelling, but I always had a lurking sense about the correctness of those two themes being interwoven to make a book. I mean, Mr. Larson made a very interesting book out of weaving the story of the world's fair and its culmination with the assassination of the Mayor of Chicago with the story of the Mudgett murders, but was there any real reason that they should have been written about together?

I would love to discuss the book those of you who have read it. It seems to have been quite widely read by our little group, so please, tell me what you think. I do think that Mr. Larson did a great job of depicting the era. It reminded me of my forgotten history classes and that the Progressive Era had not yet occurred. Not only in the stock yards, but everywhere that there was industry. That the robber barons had not faced the bravery of men who would lay down their lives for the right to unionize. It was fascinating.

Meanwhile I have gone on to Silken Prey, the latest in the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford. Someone's got to do it. Read fiction all day, I mean.

AGBF

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1375152562|3492874 said:

I finished Devil In The White City by Erik Larson. I think I finished it this morning, although it might have been yesterday; days just flow together for me sometimes!

I did find it compelling, but I always had a lurking sense about the correctness of those two themes being interwoven to make a book. I mean, Mr. Larson made a very interesting book out of weaving the story of the world's fair and its culmination with the assassination of the Mayor of Chicago with the story of the Mudgett murders, but was there any real reason that they should have been written about together?

I would love to discuss the book those of you who have read it. It seems to have been quite widely read by our little group, so please, tell me what you think. I do think that Mr. Larson did a great job of depicting the era. It reminded me of my forgotten history classes and that the Progressive Era had not yet occurred. Not only in the stock yards, but everywhere that there was industry. That the robber barons had not faced the bravery of men who would lay down their lives for the right to unionize. It was fascinating.

Meanwhile I have gone on to Silken Prey, the latest in the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford. Someone's got to do it. Read non-fiction all day, I mean.

AGBF

I just got done w/Silken Prey last week. I really enjoy John Sanford.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1375152650|3492875 said:
I just got done w/Silken Prey last week. I really enjoy John Sanford.

How do you feel about his other characters, packrat? I started with Virgil Flowers, which I mentioned above, so I have always had a fondness for him even though I have now become a big Lucas Davenport devotée. I really have trouble with his Kidd books, however. I have read two of them and the computer stuff just doesn't do it for me.

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone else feel in the mood to discuss books? The discussion of Reza Aslan's interview in another thread made me hanker after some book talk. No one else seems inclined to discuss John Sandford any further, although I would. I am quite involved in Silken Prey now and I regret that I won't have another Lucas Davenport book to read after this one.

Does anyone have anything to say about Erik Larson? When I read Devil In The White City I found out that he originally made his name writing about a hurricane that hit Galveston, Texas at the start of the twentieth century*. Apparently he went on to write other books that were just as popular as that one and Devil In The White City, however.

I am glad that you have given me reading suggestions. I have requested books from the library and ordered some from Amazon based on recommendations made by Pricescopers.

*It's called, Isaac's Storm.

AGBF

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll talk about John Sanford-he's one of my favorite authors. I "found" him when I was in book clubs years ago. You know, the ones where you get a bunch of "free" books and then you have to buy so many in 3 years. I would go thru the catalogs and circle the cheapest books-one of the Prey books happened to be an 8.98 selection so I got it and was totally hooked. I've read all of them, some of them a few times. I like him b/c he kicks ass. He takes offense, like it's...a personal affront to him, when things happen to women and children. (Like Lee Child's Jack Reacher) Plus, the books all take place sort of in my neck of the woods and I get a kick out of that.

I dig the Virgil books as well. He's a very likeable character. I'm with you on the Kidd novels also..I've read a couple, and while good, for whatever reason they just didn't grab me the way Lucas and then Virgil do.

Someone else I like is Ed McBain-another one I "found" b/c one of his novels was cheap in my book club. He did the Matthew Hope series and all the titles of the books are nursery rhymes/fairy tales. He also did the 87th Precinct novels, which I never really got into. He passed away tho.

Also, Robert B Parker has (well, had, he also passed away a couple years ago, sadly, tho there are people continuing his novels) the Sunny Randall series and Jesse Stone series. If you remember Spenser For Hire, the tv show from the 80's, the series is from his Spenser books. Which I've also not gotten into, but love the Sunny and Jesse books. Oh, and he has some about the Earp brothers etc, I've read one and I'm not one for westerns but it actually was pretty darn good.

James Patterson is a hugely prolific author and I look forward to his Cross, Private, Murder Club and ohh shoot, I forget the name of the other cop series he has, dangit. Anyway, he's a cop in NYC, has a ton of adopted kids and a nanny that he's in love with.

Jonathan Kellerman has Alex Delaware and his cop friend Milo Sturgis. I've read all of those as well.

I'm reading Kinsey and Me, by Sue Grafton. It's a bunch of short stories about Kinsey Milhone.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1375411280|3494992 said:
I'll talk about John Sanford-he's one of my favorite authors. I "found" him when I was in book clubs years ago. You know, the ones where you get a bunch of "free" books and then you have to buy so many in 3 years. I would go thru the catalogs and circle the cheapest books-one of the Prey books happened to be an 8.98 selection so I got it and was totally hooked. I've read all of them, some of them a few times. I like him b/c he kicks a$$. He takes offense, like it's...a personal affront to him, when things happen to women and children. (Like Lee Child's Jack Reacher) Plus, the books all take place sort of in my neck of the woods and I get a kick out of that.

I know what you mean about the Lucas Davenport character. I also like him for that "protective" streak (although it can be a maniacal streak, a killer streak) just as I like Lee Child's Jack Reacher for his. However, I also love James Lee Burke's two protagonists in the series set in Louisiana: Dave Robicheaux and his sidekick, Clete Purcell. While Lucas Davenport and Jack Reacher have, on occasion, killed in cold blood, I do not believe that Dave Robicheaux ever has. Yet every book has him beat some villain to a pulp, often with the help of Clete Purcell. Sometimes more than one villain is beaten. And, of course, Dave is nearly killed many times.... The scene that stuck with me is one in which Dave, who is always an officer of the law in some way, labors to keep an accused killer who would otherwise drown, alive under water. The man he tries (but ultimately fails) to save is truly awful, but Dave Robicheaux does the right thing. That is what I love about James Lee burke. He always walks a fine moral line.

Spenser, in Parker's novels, has at least one fistfight to show his prowess in every book, too. (Spenser, of course, used to be a professional prizefighter, so his skills have to be showcased.) I think we get at least one good fight per protagonist per book by Lucas Davenport; Jack Reacher; Dave Robicheaux; and Spenser. Maybe it's de rigeur in this genre; not the detective novel, but the he-man rescuer detective novel.

AGBF

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Since this is a books thread. :naughty:

I have decided that my rabbits surely must be taking silflay fu inle', since surely they did not take off as a group of hlessil over us being there right? We haven't done anything too scary and our hrududu stay at the front of the property, far from their burrows. But I haven't seen them in two weeks, not even the chief rabbit and he was the brave one. It's making me sad. ::)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1375454747|3495260 said:

I have decided that my rabbits surely must be taking silflay fu inle', since surely they did not take off as a group of hlessil over us being there right? We haven't done anything too scary and our hrududu stay at the front of the property, far from their burrows. But I haven't seen them in two weeks, not even the chief rabbit and he was the brave one. It's making me sad. ::)

Must be the case! I had a little first year go tharn the other day and let me walk almost all the way up to him before he bolted. And a giant (must have been in the owlsa) was stealing my rosebuds, too. But come to think of it, I haven't seen either of them in a few weeks, either. It has been awfully hot, I bet they are sleeping ni frith and taking silflay fu inle' to avoid the heat!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
aviastar|1374430419|3487308 said:
How funny that this thread should pop up again today- I just finished a book I wanted to share and was going to dig it up again!

I've finished several enjoyable, fluffy, little fantasy books over the last few weeks. Castle in the Air, a companion novel to Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynn Jones; always a nice read, but I still love Howl the best. The Selection and The Elite, by Keira Cass; super light, fluffy, easy reads. Technically dystopian, but princess dystopian; I'll read the last book in the series when it comes out next year and gave them solid 3 stars each on Goodreads.
?

oooh, Princess Dystopian...I've never heard of that genre before... :) lol Is it worth trying one of those stories out?

I forget if I mentioned I finished Swan Song...but I finished it...it was over 800 pages so it took a while.

I'm currently still plugging away at The Running Man by SK. It easily could be finished up today but I'm not into it at all. My son really liked it so I'm finishing it for him...then we'll watch the movie.

Next on my list is Gone Girl. It was recommended to me and it's on my kindle, but I ordered a paperback version which should arrive in the mail soon, I hope. I did read a couple chapters on my kindle and wanted to keep reading, but figured I should complete the Running Man/get it over with.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what you said, dragonfly, although I am sure it is worth figuring out. I just wanted to say that I have been thinking about you as I have been posting in this thread and am really delighted to see you here. You have always made The Library and Pricescope book threads wonderful places to spend time.

Hugs,
Deb

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat|1375411280|3494992 said:
I'll talk about John Sanford-he's one of my favorite authors. I "found" him when I was in book clubs years ago. You know, the ones where you get a bunch of "free" books and then you have to buy so many in 3 years. I would go thru the catalogs and circle the cheapest books-one of the Prey books happened to be an 8.98 selection so I got it and was totally hooked. .

I loved those book clubs. I have a couple books left from one time I joined a club...I wish they were around now. Or maybe they are and I'm not on their mailing lists? They were so much fun.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
aviastar|1375462739|3495351 said:
dragonfly411|1375454747|3495260 said:

Must be the case! I had a little first year go tharn the other day and let me walk almost all the way up to him before he bolted. And a giant (must have been in the owlsa) was stealing my rosebuds, too. But come to think of it, I haven't seen either of them in a few weeks, either. It has been awfully hot, I bet they are sleeping ni frith and taking silflay fu inle' to avoid the heat!

I believe our chief is our giant tomato plant raider! The rest seem to be small, I believe a doe and several younglings. It has rained every day here for two or three weeks now, and I believe this is why they are taking their silflay fu inle'. I thought the chief was going tharn with us a few times, but I believe now that he is just bold. He has no reason to fear us, normally man has not bothered them, and we throw out lettuces. The only think I can think of that may be a cause of their disappearance besides rain was an armadillo, but surely they are not one of the thousand right?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1375463712|3495363 said:
I don't know what you said, dragonfly, although I am sure it is worth figuring out. I just wanted to say that I have been thinking about you as I have been posting in this thread and am really delighted to see you here. You have always made The Library and Pricescope book threads wonderful places to spend time.

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF - Watership Down. Read it!!! I read it once a year. We have rabbits in our yard. I haven't seen them in about two weeks. They have established burrows on our property though so my thoughts are a) They are feeding (silflay) at night (fu inle') to avoid the rain and heat in the day (ni frith) b) they have a new litter and are staying close to shelter c) they moved, which would make me terribly sad. There are at least five. We have one large one, who I presume is the head male (chief). He is also the most devious, making excursions to our back door to nibble the tomato plants, and grazing along the back yard fence where the dogs go out. The others stay at the back of the property. The thousand are the predators that eat rabbits. Owsla is almost like a guard legion, or the police of the "warren". You really have to read the book!!! It actually is an animal vision of what life was like for the exiled Jews, they set out to find a new home, they are tricked into believing they've found a wonderful home when it is really a place for them to face burdens and imminent death, then they are forced into a warren much like a concentration camp. They have their own "God" and savior stories. It's just an amazingly well written book and I've always loved it. I do hope my rabbits appear again soon, we miss seeing them while we're eating dinner. Even the dogs seem confused by their absence. It's funny because I"m currently in the middle of my yearly reading and here my rabbits are missing. I hope they didn't set out on an adventure like Hazel and his friends. ::)

P.S. Thank you for the compliment. Books are one of my greatest passions, and I believe the world is a better place because of them. I took a literature class last semester and the professor really pushed for me to change my major to literature so I could become a colleague at the local college. I just am terrified of changing majors yet again, though am considering the double up after I get my yoga certification in the fall.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night my daughter said she wished that Griffin (our Newfoundland) could talk and I asked her if she remembered what happened when Martha wished that Carrie the cat could talk in Half Magic. If you haven't read that book, you must. It is, nominally, for children-or perhaps young adults. I read it outloud to a fifth grade class. But I can reread it as an adult and enjoy it anytime.

I just wanted to add that I wrote this while you were writing, dragonfly. I hadn't, yet, read your remarks to me!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1375464875|3495379 said:
AGBF - Watership Down. Read it!!!

P.S. Thank you for the compliment. Books are one of my greatest passions, and I believe the world is a better place because of them. I took a literature class last semester and the professor really pushed for me to change my major to literature so I could become a colleague at the local college. I just am terrified of changing majors yet again, though am considering the double up after I get my yoga certification in the fall.

I had to look it up on the 'net, dragonfly. I was dying of curiosity before you posted the information you did! I shall have to read the book, now, of course. It sounds irresistible. And, of course, you should have a degree in literature! What majors have you tried so far?

Deb
:wavey:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AGBF - Your daughter sounds so sweet. Another she might like is No Flying in the House. It's another one with great lessons as well! I'll make sure to read the book you listed.

As to majors. When I finished highschool (god seems forever ago) I started in as an art major. I dropped out for a while though. I needed to find myself more. I went back to school originally as an animal sciences major, but I then lost sixty lbs and became very deeply interested in nutrition. That is my current major, but it has been such a slow process. My college continues to punish me for being irresponsible a decade ago, and will not extend financial aide until I have more credits than I dropped back then. But how can that be accomplished when I can't afford more than one or two classes tops at a time? It's very frustrating. The literature class was not on my required group of core courses for my AA, but I needed something refreshing, that was just for me. It was like I woke up again. I haven't gotten to take many nutrition related courses b/c I've been stuck in the groups of pre-required classes for the AA. It's like a vicious never ending tunnel of math, religion, math, psychology, and more math. Bio is the only thing I've enjoyed so far besides the literature class, and a med terminology course I took.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results