shape
carat
color
clarity

A bizarrely perfect bracelet project

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
15.4mm :eek-2: You weren’t kidding about “large”!!

The iridescence looks so strong on those - can’t wait to hear what you think when you get them!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love the shapes on these. You'll have to show your new line-ups !

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, check out the overtone blush and gold...in the middle - what the heck do you even call that? :D It's amazing!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is now becoming my pearl buying diary thread. I did a thing and I'm not even a little sorry. So excited!!!

IMG_20230227_185754_365.jpg
IMG_20230228_070338_350.jpg

Those are stunning!! Pearl diary, I love this. Subscribed :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg omg omg the Pearl's from @katbran are here and they are perfect. Literally my personal dream.

I can't capture the luster or glorious overtones. Annoying!

The giant one makes my heart soar. I cannot drill something so perfect. But I am nervous that the circles wont be as visible in a net. @yssie @Crystal_Dreams what do you think about the visibility of your pearls in your net?

Giant perfect baby

Mid size circles which I also adore

My freshwaters from Cees also came, and I love them too. But honestly the WSSs are just in a league of their own. Cees did a great job choosing pairs of blue/purple, purple, and golden/red/pink.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The luster on those SS. Holy smokes lovedogs :love:

The freshie multicolours are gorgeous too! But I get it… I’d have a hard time taking my eyes off the SS. Sorry, but everything else is coming in second for the moment :lol:

I do think the net obscures surface details a fair amount. Cause the cross crossing is the first thing your eyes see - you have to really focus to register the details of the pearl behind the netting, outside of stuff like colour and a general perception of shape and luster… I think I prob wouldn’t put that one in a net, honestly. The unique shape and the circling are begging to be celebrated out in the open :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The luster on those SS. Holy smokes lovedogs :love:

The freshie multicolours are gorgeous too! But I get it… I’d have a hard time taking my eyes off the SS. Sorry, but everything else is coming in second for the moment :lol:

I do think the net obscures surface details a fair amount. Cause the cross crossing is the first thing your eyes see - you have to really focus to register the details of the pearl behind the netting, outside of stuff like colour and a general perception of shape and luster… I think I prob wouldn’t put that one in a net, honestly. The unique shape and the circling are begging to be celebrated out in the open :bigsmile:

Thank you!!! Agree that a net likely isnt the best way to display it. A simple necklace is probably what I'll do so the pearl itself shines like the chonky star that he is :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm so pleased that you love your Aussie Pearls ! You can' t beat South Sea - the beauty will last a lifetime. Pop them out of the Oyster and given 'em a wash... and' Bob's your Uncle '
perfection.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so pleased that you love your Aussie Pearls ! You can' t beat South Sea - the beauty will last a lifetime. Pop them out of the Oyster and given 'em a wash... and' Bob's your Uncle '
perfection.

Thanks for always helping me find the fat circle pearls :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks for always helping me find the fat circle pearls :)

I'm glad the big guy is going to be a pendant. I agree with Yssie on the chain cavalier they don't really let the best of a pearl shine through. A nice hefty pendant setting is the way to go - something that balances the size. I'll keep you posted on the new ones incoming !

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie @katbran. Do you have any ideas about a hefty pendant setting? Or do you mean the bail itself should be hefty?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I was thinking of a big 'rope' circle bail or a wide 4-5mm one. Just something that has a solid look and not dainty . I'll find a few examples.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree, the net does obscure details. Loving the idea of a big rope detail bail on your gorgeous SS circle!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results