shape
carat
color
clarity

a 5 stone setting under 2500?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah its a relatively strait forward design I feel, I don't think it would be too difficult for any of them.

Now my current concern is if that k si1 is eye clean. :???:

icpa1

Rough_Rock
@Neil

It's a size 5. I have a few more pics here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ng-thread.134007/page-9#post-3415757#p3415757

I understand that the setting is a stock style and is supposed to fit "2-0.2/RD, 2-0.3/RD, 1-0.5/RD ct", but Poppyseed/Laurie and Alb were able to make it so that it would fit my stones. I ordered the setting from her and had a local benchman set the stones. I found her price to be very reasonable.

The ring has 5 OECs which I managed to collect over the course of a year. The center stone has the prettiest flower petal pattern under its table. Unfortunately, I suck at taking pics. :( Wish there was some way for me to share just how bright and pretty they look IRL.

I love my ring! This sounds silly, but I smile everytime I see it. :))

@Charmypoo

Thanks so much! I love your 9mm OEC (and the story of how you acquired it) too!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My honest opinion is that a 3-stone looks more like an engagement ring - although of course, anyone can (and should!) do as she pleases!!!!!! I'd wear it with a 5 stone wedding (non-graduated) down the line (anniversary). But, it's YOU who has to love it!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am OK with it not looking like an engagement ring to other people. Though I feel like it does. Also I like the idea of all diamonds across the top of my finger, it'll pair well with my trinity. Low key but classic. I'm pretty excited about it. I have told them to set the center a little higher though. Plus a 3.5 mm isn't that large all, I don't think it'll make it loom in engagement'y. I'll post cads when I get them, I think that might persuade you to see how engagement like it can look :wink2:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update.

uploadfromtaptalk1369425572908.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Hi Neil! Is it just my imagination or has your thread been dramatically reduced? Forgive me if my mind plays tricks on me but I remember this thread being much longer at one point? Just curious as I thought that there was lots of useful information and that now missing information confuses those that have been following along on your journey. Did you request posts to be deleted or did the mods delete them for some reason? :confused:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1369444766|3453386 said:
Hi Neil! Is it just my imagination or has your thread been dramatically reduced? Forgive me if my mind plays tricks on me but I remember this thread being much longer at one point? Just curious as I thought that there was lots of useful information and that now missing information confuses those that have been following along on your journey. Did you request posts to be deleted or did the mods delete them for some reason? :confused:

I think youre thinking of the thinking if this thread. I just didnt do though that vendor so i didnt think it was as relevant in that thread. Maybe i should post it over there? do have any opinions on them?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh! :lol: Apologies! I've heard others mention post disappearing and that had never happened to me before so when I checked in and (thought) I saw missing posts I was confused! Thanks for clearing that up! :))

I like your CAD, however I sort of liked how the shank met the stones better in the DK version, though I know that you were sort of struggling with that aspect?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the shank I was split 50/50. I dont really care either way honestly. They seem to be most comfortable doing it this way, and i think it fits well with the single prong on the 15 pointers, so im ok with it. I posted it over in that thread, just incase people want to comment, but i told them to go along with it, im really super excited the prongs looks very band like yet i feel it still has a distinct engagement feel, in my mind. and they took my setting back sense it was within the return period, so it was nice to be able to get everything from the same place AND pay the same as i would have with DK

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oh definitely, I agree! I know that you were really hoping that JA would work with you on turning the three stone into a five stone, and since it appears that they did, I can see how this was a better option for you. I'm not sure how much you will see of where the shank meets anyway since you will likely have side to side coverage. :love: I think I saw that you posted that the ring will be complete on June 6?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1369446168|3453404 said:
Oh definitely, I agree! I know that you were really hoping that JA would work with you on turning the three stone into a five stone, and since it appears that they did, I can see how this was a better option for you. I'm not sure how much you will see of where the shank meets anyway since you will likely have side to side coverage. :love: I think I saw that you posted that the ring will be complete on June 6?

Yeah i really dont think ill notice the sides all that much as i think they will be tucked into my fingers.

thats what they told me but they adjusted my cad slightly by adding only the one prong at the end, so she said it could be a couple more days after that... im hoping to get it the weekend after next, but im not holding my breath :(sad

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
The only thing that I might suggest is asking them about the prongs. My personal experience has been that JA's prongs are a bit more utilitarian than they are elegant and sexy. Since you are going custom (and of course if it matters to you) you may be in a position to suggest that they refine them a bit more than their stock settings.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1369447591|3453420 said:
The only thing that I might suggest is asking them about the prongs. My personal experience has been that JA's prongs are a bit more utilitarian than they are elegant and sexy. Since you are going custom (and of course if it matters to you) you may be in a position to suggest that they refine them a bit more than their stock settings.

haha dont worry ive already asked them to claw them. I had the same thought as you! Ive seen in some of there already purchased pictures where they do it and i think it looks fine.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure that's it going g to be lovely! I will be counting the days with you!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results