shape
carat
color
clarity

_____Need an urgent praisa for a 9k diamond I just bought___

lhsummit890

Rough_Rock
Hello, I just bought this diamond to get a custom made ring for my fiance.
The specs for the diamond are as follow:

shape: Round
carat weight: 1.10
color: G
clarity: VS1
cut: Excellent
polish: Excellent
symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
l/w/d (mm): 6.60*6.56*4.11
l/w ratio: 1.01
depth %: 62.40
girdle: Slightly Thick
table %: 56.00
culet: None
certificate: GIA
crown ∠: 35.00
crown %: 15.50
pavilion ∠: 40.80
pavilion %: 43.00

Only concern i have if this diamond is it's slightly thick girdle... Will this be a problem?

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.10-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-682854
This is where i got the diamond.

It does not have ASET or idealscope image and as it came from
Overseas (that is what the rep told me)

However, it has GIA number and H&A(true heart and arrows) engraved in the diamond.

Can you tell me if this was a great buy and if I missed any feature on the diamond??

Thanks!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Re: _____Need an urgent praisa for a 9k diamond I just bough

I don't think the slightly thick girdle will pose any problem... more likely to have issues with a thinner girdle. HCA is 1.6, so seems good in that respect: https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca In the JA image/video it looks very nice.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I wasn't aware GIA inscribed H&A in their diamonds. I think that only appears if someone at some point has inscribed H&A into the diamond. The fact it appears in the comments section in the GIA certificate does not mean that GIA think it is H&A, just that someone who inscribed it put it there, so that it would appear on the certificate as GIA have to report what is inscribed!

I would be cautious to say this is a true H&A without the scopes. If you really wanted H&A guaranteed you could go with one of their true hearts brand (or one of the other PS vendors that provide the necessary images to back the claims up. I hope you did not pay a purposeful premium to buy a diamond that had H&A on the certificate.

Looks like a very nice diamond otherwise.

For 9K you could get something like this: http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.20-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-697061 which at 61% depth has a nicer spread, and has all the pictures you want, at less premium. Sure there is a knock in clarity but it looks clean and I would say is worth the extra 0.2mm width

lhsummit890

Rough_Rock

Given that you had the money,

are you saying that recommendation is better value and better diamond?

I can always return my diamond. I am just tryign to reassure my purchase was fine. haha

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The diamond video looks very nice and it appears to have good optical symmetry. I only make the comments because in your original post you put "true H&A". I'm just letting you know that may be false marketing and an inscription of H&A does not mean it actually is.

If that is something that is important to you, then I would not trust this diamond is truly H&A based on that and would purchase one with that has the scopes to back it up. Do you like the diamond? I'm sure it's a good performer.

If you're asking if it was my money, I would probably go for my recommendation as I would quite like seeing a healthy idealscope and H&A image along with the wider spread. If you are delighted in your purchase then all this is very academic and congratulations!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

H&A inscribed on the girdle means nothing. GIA doesn't grade/certify for H&A cut. GIA will seemingly inscribe whatever you want on the girdle so I'd take it with a grain of salt. As stated you need a H&A scope to verify how well it is actually cut.

lhsummit890

Rough_Rock

Well, I wasnt really focusing on true heart and arrows.
Your suggestion of the diamond looks good and i like the fact that it is a bigger stone lol

Only concern with your suggestions is that it Is AGS and the clarity is VS2.
And also, it has thin girdle, should i be worried about that? Thought slightly thick is better than thin,since it is closer to medium girdle.

Is there much difference between vs1 and 2? And i feel like any diamond that is not GIA is not a good stone.
I am a noobie to diamonds, so please I welcome all your thoughts and suggestions!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I answered you on your other thread, but I guess you didn't see it. I think I recommended that you ask for an idealscope or ASET image before buying, but the diamond looks fine with the info we have. Thin, medium, and slightly thick are all acceptable for the girdle.

GIA is an old and respected lab, but AGS is the other respected lab in the US, although they grade fewer stones. The only reason to change stones is if you want to go down in color or clarity to get a larger stone. This one is fine if this is the preferred size (subject to seeing the light return images).

lhsummit890

Rough_Rock

Oh i did see your rely on the other thread.
I wanted to edit my older thread but didnt know how, so created the new one ;-)

I asked for the images but the company said they cannot obtain the images as the stone is located outside.

Should I be adamant and ask for the images somehow?!

I dont think a .1 carat will make my stone look thet mich bigger.
Im fine with 1.1 as long as it will look appear bigger due to its proportions
And great cut.

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It will appear like a 1.1 should. It looks like a well cut stone. It apparently is in another country and they can't access the images. This stone is a good prospect if you can't get images.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results