shape
carat
color
clarity

I’m resetting my tapered baguette setting..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...I decided after much agonizing...I’m going to tweak the design of my recently reset diamond. David will do the reset for me this time. He listens to what I want..which is really important. Last year I had someone make me a setting but it fell short of what I wanted. Truthfully I didn’t know what I wanted...All I knew was that I wanted a tapered baguette setting since I was 20 years old. I’m sixty-five now..so that’s a long wait. When I got it I was thrilled but something was off..After staring at it all year and not loving it..even though it was beautifully made..it just wasn’t making me happy. I loved it in theory but it just wasn’t right. What I realized was it was too stumpy and squished. I love a low setting but my present design made my diamond look like a lentil and swallowed it up. I also missed my six prong setting..I felt the four prong made my diamond look square and less round. I contacted David with some inspiration photos of it being raised up in a six prong. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but the heart wants what the heart wants. It’s being mailed off today! :appl:
These are the inspiration photos I sent David..I’ll also include my old new setting for a before and after.
I will post the cads when I get them...and hope to get feedback from you..I realize I’m going from a cast setting but I trust David to give me the design I’m looking for..I’ll be reusing my tapered baguettes..
Before pics..
B8B5173B-4F79-4566-915F-24E3C3AD5B04.jpeg 7DD7D100-F3C9-45B3-AEDE-12C325E65316.jpeg F5248A57-2C30-4A76-AB5B-59CEA1A35EB3.jpeg A7BB26C6-1118-4E93-ABC5-58D9BBD3BB0E.jpeg
Inspiration pics...
D6968309-50B7-4857-BC22-B3DFC434BDCB.jpeg 325E4B0F-4F4E-403E-950F-20261B24241A.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Joanne! I hope it returns as the ring of your dreams. You deserve that sweet lady. :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Soo exciting!!! You've got great taste and a 6 prong with baguettes could not be more classic. It will be so beautiful! And I love when I hear folks going for their dreams! Keep us posted, I'm excited for your journey. :bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soo exciting!!! You've got great taste and a 6 prong with baguettes could not be more classic. It will be so beautiful! And I love when I hear folks going for their dreams! Keep us posted, I'm excited for your journey. :bigsmile:
Thank you @bling_dream19! I’m excited!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Well...I decided after much agonizing...I’m going to tweak the design of my recently reset diamond. David will do the reset for me this time. He listens to what I want..which is really important. Last year I had someone make me a setting but it fell short of what I wanted. Truthfully I didn’t know what I wanted...All I knew was that I wanted a tapered baguette setting since I was 20 years old. I’m sixty-five now..so that’s a long wait. When I got it I was thrilled but something was off..After staring at it all year and not loving it..even though it was beautifully made..it just wasn’t making me happy. I loved it in theory but it just wasn’t right. What I realized was it was too stumpy and squished. I love a low setting but my present design made my diamond look like a lentil and swallowed it up. I also missed my six prong setting..I felt the four prong made my diamond look square and less round. I contacted David with some inspiration photos of it being raised up in a six prong. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but the heart wants what the heart wants. It’s being mailed off today! :appl:
These are the inspiration photos I sent David..I’ll also include my old new setting for a before and after.
I will post the cads when I get them...and hope to get feedback from you..I realize I’m going from a cast setting but I trust David to give me the design I’m looking for..I’ll be reusing my tapered baguettes..
Before pics..
B8B5173B-4F79-4566-915F-24E3C3AD5B04.jpeg 7DD7D100-F3C9-45B3-AEDE-12C325E65316.jpeg F5248A57-2C30-4A76-AB5B-59CEA1A35EB3.jpeg A7BB26C6-1118-4E93-ABC5-58D9BBD3BB0E.jpeg
Inspiration pics...
D6968309-50B7-4857-BC22-B3DFC434BDCB.jpeg 325E4B0F-4F4E-403E-950F-20261B24241A.jpeg

I love this classic style, however it looks terrible on my fingers. But when I see it on others, it’s just so beautiful! You must share photos!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, I'm excited for you, I think this new setting is going to make you happier. A setting can make a big difference in the appearance of a diamond. My OEC is a pretty stone but it came to life even more in a new setting. Good for you for going with your heart. I truly hope you love it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, I'm excited for you, I think this new setting is going to make you happier. A setting can make a big difference in the appearance of a diamond. My OEC is a pretty stone but it came to life even more in a new setting. Good for you for going with your heart. I truly hope you love it!
Thank you @junebug17! I had to get over the cost of the setting because I just had it reset last year. I’m just eating the cost...which is hard...It wasn’t cheap as it was cast...Life is too short to not get what you want....within reason...of course...David really listens to what you say and gets it...I hope I love it too...:pray: I’m happy you love your new setting for your OEC! :appl:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a classic lovely choice. I hope you love the remake!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be beautiful.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might need baguettes that taper more rather than being straighter ones in either design, that might help them "flow" into the head of the main stone better.....

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m all about doing what makes one happy! I’ll be following with interest to see your new design!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
So excited to follow this project! Fingers crossed you absolutely love “lentil” in her new home ❤️

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The imagery associated with you thinking that your diamond looked like a squashed swallowed up lentil made me laugh. Oh how the heart wants what it wants. May your new ring bring you much joy! (I can see how raising the stone and putting it in a 6 prong basket will make all the difference in the world).

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hear ya about having a design that is nice but just not overall happy with it! I feel the same way about my own ring and just like you I am having it reset. Best of luck on round 2!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear ya about having a design that is nice but just not overall happy with it! I feel the same way about my own ring and just like you I am having it reset. Best of luck on round 2!
Thank you @KKJohnson Do you have a thread on your reset? :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The imagery associated with you thinking that your diamond looked like a squashed swallowed up lentil made me laugh. Oh how the heart wants what it wants. May your new ring bring you much joy! (I can see how raising the stone and putting it in a 6 prong basket will make all the difference in the world).
Thank you @cmd2014 I feel I need to free her! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So excited to follow this project! Fingers crossed you absolutely love “lentil” in her new home ❤️
Thank you @jbake I’m hoping to rename her after David releases her from her cocoon! I want her to be proud of her lentilness! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m all about doing what makes one happy! I’ll be following with interest to see your new design!
Thank you @Bonfire I’m praying I get this right..for me. I know it’s not a design that most people would want..but I want to love it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might need baguettes that taper more rather than being straighter ones in either design, that might help them "flow" into the head of the main stone better.....
Thank you @arkieb1 They are a little more tapered than what appears in the photo..I don’t like skinny tapered pointy baguettes..and I do want to use these..I have baguettes and stones all over the place..I don’t want to collect another pair. Keep ideas coming!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Bonfire I’m praying I get this right..for me. I know it’s not a design that most people would want..but I want to love it.
I don’t know why you think that. I’ll bet we will all be oohing and ahhing over it when it’s finished! :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, how exciting! I'm glad you figured out what it was that was bothering you as that's the biggest hurdle sometimes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, how exciting! I'm glad you figured out what it was that was bothering you as that's the biggest hurdle sometimes.
Thank you @Alex T It took me a year! I kept staring at it and I just didn’t love it. It took me a while..but I’m glad I didn’t rush into doing something else. I even thought of changing it to a soli..but I thought I would try one more time with my baguettes..Fingers and toes crossed!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy for you that you are going for a re do. Sometimes we have to live with something to truly know what we want. Wishing you alll the luck that this hits the spot! Can’t wait to see it! I love a baguette setting!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I was going to suggest this as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results