shape
carat
color
clarity

99.2% of recent US Covid deaths were unvaccinated people

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What sacrifices? Washing their hands, wearing masks, physically distancing, refusing a free vaccine that will save their lives and the lives of others? We should not view engaging in common decency expected of everyone as sacrifices. It's ironic that these petulant people become their own sacrificial lambs on the altar of their ignorance.

I agree with what you are saying here, but sacrifice is subjective.
I’ve come to the conclusion that there are two types of people in the world.

1. Those who feel that we are all responsible for one another as human beings and therefore do *our* part to help all of humanity for the betterment of *all*.

2. Those who feel their *individual* liberties, empowered by privilege and the right to do as *one* pleases takes precedent over all else.

Sadly we’re in for a long road, much of which could be avoided.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with what you are saying here, but sacrifice is subjective.
I’ve come to the conclusion that there are two types of people in the world.

1. Those who feel that we are all responsible for one another as human beings and therefore do *our* part to help all of humanity for the betterment of *all*.

2. Those who feel their *individual* liberties, empowered by privilege and the right to do as *one* pleases takes precedent over all else.

Sadly we’re in for a long road, much of which could be avoided.

I wish I could like this post 1,000 times.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DD is a NICU nurse. Recently, a dad removed his mask to sneeze. I have no words for this....

Then there's the increase in poisonings in Mississippi due to ingesting the FOX- proven COVID cure, ivermectin. A horse dewormer. Yes, they will ingest a medicine for livestock before getting a vaccine. :wall: Stupid has no boundaries.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EXACTLY. No sacrifices are being asked. I find it deplorable that the same people who tell others they're fragile snowflakes for asking for equal rights, and who rally against women's health clinics like Planned Parenthood now suddenly want to coopt "my body my choice," and play the victim card when asked to show some common decency and decorum.

This is what bothers me the most!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
@aljdewey - Off topic but good to hear from you! Have often wondered if you are still around - nice to see that you are! Hope all is well with you and yours!

to both you and to Matata - thanks for the greeting - miss you guys a lot. I'm well - just not here very often. I hope all is well with both of your and yours as well. Stay healthy.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FDA has just granted full approval to the Pfizer vaccine. Hopefully this will make some people feel more confident about getting it. One can only hope.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FDA has just granted full approval to the Pfizer vaccine. Hopefully this will make some people feel more confident about getting it. One can only hope.

Wonderful update thanks.

Now let’s hope mandates can be enforced.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, but seemingly NOBODY has died of the good old fashioned flu since the covid hysteria was whipped up.

The sharp reduction in flu deaths in 2020is not surprising, given that the Covid vaccines were not yet available during the end-of-year portion of the flu season, and as a result many people were still working from home, and most schools and pre-schools were closed. Many states and localities had mask requirements in place for all public places, and capacity limits on stores. Theaters and other entertainment venues were closed. In other words, we were not engaging in the types of close-quarter activities that normally help the flu to spread - and when we were out and about, we were taking other steps to reduce transmission (masking, and increased sanitation and hand-washing). And let’s not forget that there was a greater emphasis than usual on getting the flu vaccine last fall, since there was a concern that a tandem flu and Covid surges would overwhelm hospitals.

There were flu deaths reported in the US last year, by the way - but most occurred in the first few months of the year, before Covid restrictions took hold.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/flu-has-disappeared-worldwide-during-the-covid-pandemic1/ (Worldwide reductions in flu deaths were particularly striking since the flu season normally hits the Southern Hemisphere during April - October, when Covid restrictions were in place throughout the world.)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Social distancing?. I guess not for New Yorkers?...:wall:

1629761682326.png

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just to share this from Singapore:

There is continuing evidence that almost all fully-vaccinated individuals do not suffer serious disease when infected, unless if they had underlying medical conditions that made them more susceptible. Over the last 28 days, the percentage of unvaccinated who became severely ill or died is 8.8%, while that for the fully vaccinated is 1.7%.

In Singapore if you are tested and positive then you are counted as a case even with no symptoms. Even with that it’s 8.8% so if only cases with symptoms are counted, then the % that becomes severely ill or die is actually far higher.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Proof of vaccine required for that concert AND it's outdoors. What are you confused about? What's that gotta do with unvaccinated death rates?
Yes I'm sure they were all vaccinated so mask were not required. thumbsupwink.gif

They'll add to the total. Ooops, :silenced: I forgot blue states don't spread the virus.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Yes I'm sure they were all vaccinated so mask were not required. thumbsupwink.gif

They'll add to the total. Ooops, :silenced: I forgot blue states don't spread the virus.

You're obviously baiting and being a dick. Vaccinated + outdoors = low transmission rates. Probably safer than eating indoors w/ AC. Plus, why do you care? I thought you didn't believe covid was real?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're obviously baiting and being a dick. Vaccinated + outdoors = low transmission rates. Probably safer than eating indoors w/ AC. Plus, why do you care? I thought you didn't believe covid was real?
When did I ever say Covid wasn't real? :confused: .

Imagine if this concert was held in Fla?. The left wing media would be going wild.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
When did I ever say Covid wasn't real? :confused: .

Imagine if this concert was held in Fla?. The left wing media would be going wild.

There already have been large scale events happening all over the country. (we have friends in non-blue states going to lots of big concerts) Left wing media didn't go "wild", in fact, you hadn't even heard of them! Come on, stop exaggerating. :lol: The events that required vaccine proof, negative tests, and contact tracing have seen very little spread.

LibertyN

Rough_Rock
Couple of thoughts:

- Covid is here to stay. It’s not a pandemic, it’s now endemic, like the flu. And like the flu, some folks will get vaxxed every year, others won’t.

- Politicians pushing for mask and vaccine mandates are having parties like the Napa Valley fundraiser recently hosted by Nancy Pelosi’s, where dozens of $30K/seat donors sat shoulder to shoulder, eating and talking and laughing without masks; or the Obamas birthday blowout on Martha’s Vineyardor the Texas fleebaggers riding on a bus and a private jet…all sans masks…
The Biden administration is letting infected illegal aliens pour over our southern border, and sends them via bus and plane to cities throughout the nation…
AOC is hobnobbing, maskless, with activists on the steps of the Capitol, and then asks everybody to put their masks on to take a group photo, and then removes mask again…
So clearly, the threat of covid is highly overblown. We need to learn to live with it.

- Being part of an angry mob demanding others surrender their most basic freedoms does not make you a good citizen. It makes you a pawn who has let themselves be scared silly by media hype.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Biden administration is letting infected illegal aliens pour over our southern border, and sends them via bus and plane to cities throughout the nation…

Yes! I see them flooding California daily, like sewage pouring from a broken pipe! They're hard to catch, too. It's like herding cats, but not impossible. If they would just get vaccinated and have those trackers, it would be so much easier to track them. :wall:

STOP blaming foreigners for this shitshow. According to you, someone is witnessing individuals crossing the border at a non-checkpoint, checking their legal status, testing them for COVID, waiting for the results to be positive, then shipping them throughout the country. Makes total sense.

It's a good thing US residents follow all CDC guidelines and everyone is vaccinated. It makes me feel so safe.

I don't know why I'm feeding the troll...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There already have been large scale events happening all over the country. (we have friends in non-blue states going to lots of big concerts) Left wing media didn't go "wild", in fact, you hadn't even heard of them! Come on, stop exaggerating. :lol: The events that required vaccine proof, negative tests, and contact tracing have seen very little spread.

I guess @Dancing Fire hasn’t heard of Lollapalooza.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 12.15.33 PM.png

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Couple of thoughts:

- Covid is here to stay. It’s not a pandemic, it’s now endemic, like the flu. And like the flu, some folks will get vaxxed every year, others won’t.

- Politicians pushing for mask and vaccine mandates are having parties like the Napa Valley fundraiser recently hosted by Nancy Pelosi’s, where dozens of $30K/seat donors sat shoulder to shoulder, eating and talking and laughing without masks; or the Obamas birthday blowout on Martha’s Vineyardor the Texas fleebaggers riding on a bus and a private jet…all sans masks…
AOC is hobnobbing, maskless, with activists on the steps of the Capitol, and then asks everybody to put their masks on to take a group photo, and then removes mask again…
So clearly, the threat of covid is highly overblown. We need to learn to live with it.

- Being part of an angry mob demanding others surrender their most basic freedoms does not make you a good citizen. It makes you a pawn who has let themselves be scared silly by media hype.

I know I’ve said this here before, but so many anti vaxx/anti mask people are also racists!

Really says all you need to know about their “critical thinking skills”

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couple of thoughts:

Everything you wrote is demonstrably false, so I'm not going to go point by point.

However, in terms of politicians being irresponsible, WHO CARES? first of all, if they are with other vaccinated folks and outside, the risk is very low (although not zero). And second, just bc a politician does something dangerous and dumb, how does that translate into, "COVID ISNT ACTUALLY DANGEROUS" ????

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a good thing US residents follow all CDC guidelines and everyone is vaccinated. It makes me feel so safe.

I don't know why I'm feeding the troll...
Some people did!...CDC stated that after your 2nd shot you can go mask less. Ooops, they changed the rule after 2 weeks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They play by different rules. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results