shape
carat
color
clarity

80 point pear tsavorite

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this lanbo setting and I wanted a stone for it. I found this very crystal, medium toned tsavorite. I have some photos of it with my spinel because I just love the combination of red and green together. It's a very slightly bluish green, but my camera isn't that great with green. Both settings are variations of each other.

Here are some cloudy rainy weather pictures.

TLtsavandspinelcloudy.JPG

TLtsavandspinelcloudy2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunny pictures (in my car).

1465465163515 004.jpg

TLspinelandtsavsunny.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incandescent light. Sorry, my camera can't focus in my crappy incandescent house lighting.

TLpeartsavincan.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PRETTY!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I am wiping a tiny tear !!!!

It's just beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green.
Pear.
I'm in love... Your pictures are so dynamic I can almost
taste that sparkle !!!!!!!!!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic color!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! It looks like a great stone and is a wonderful color.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, such lovely, vivid green!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pear is lovely; not the traditional colour of a tsavorite but a hue that I personally prefer. You've got to be kidding me that it's a sub-carat stone as it looks quite substantial in your pictures.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very pretty! It's such a lovely, grassy green, the perfect color for May.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love that color green.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, TL! The color is marvelous. How does it look so big? You'd never guess it's 80 pts. Love the sparkle.

--- Laurie

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Fantastic!!!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I love all the pictures!! :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are beautiful TL! I love that gorgeous green and it looks great in that setting =)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even more impressive than the stone/ring is the fact that from the twinkle in your eye to the finished product seems to be just nanoseconds for you! As my son would say: "You're a beast!" (that's a compliment)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the lovely comments.

The stone looks large because I photographed it so up close, and pears tend to face up large.

The color is actually much finer IRL, but the camera isn't perfect with green, and PS kills some of the saturation upon uploading. For a tiny stone (and to me 80 is tiny :oops: ), the color really stands out a lot. I wish it were 20 times bigger. :naughty:

ETA: I also wanted to note that the lanbo was originally two tone, but my jeweler found out it was plated when I asked him to remove two extra prongs that weren't needed. Just something to keep in mind about lanbo settings. He polished off the plating so the ring would be more uniform in it's metal color. I did not choose to re-rhodium plate, so you can see how the prongs have that "unplated white gold" look which is slightly yellowish. I prefer that actually.

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
You have very good taste in stones. I love tsavorite and that green is exceptionally beautiful. Both of the rings are to die for.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
very nice rings. I particularly like the green. Excellent setting choice:) If you do not mind, I really wanted to say this everytime I see your ring.I think you can do even better with another bench, as I noticed the prongs (esp the pink) are made too big and it does subtract the beauty of the finish product.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
TL,

You are fast as lightning, getting your stones set. Lovely, just lovely!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all of you for the lovely comments. I actually had the setting for a while, and was thinking of a stone to get for it, so if it seems lightening fast, that's why. Although I will say that the lanbo dealer that makes many of my settings is pretty fast. I also get expedited shipping. I was thinking of getting an FCD for the ring, but when this stone showed up, it was the most perfect fit (measurement wise), color and price. It has so much going for it, it was a no brainer.

Agnes,
If you're referring to the prongs on the trillion spinel, I was debating getting them redone, and I may still do so. In a positive note, I think they are very secure prongs, and the last thing I want is to lose the stone, as trillions are precarious stones to set. I've actually lost a trillion before and it had chevron prongs. Thanks for the honest feedback. :bigsmile:

One more cloudy day photo. I wish my sunny photos would show up with the proper color. It literally glows in the sun, but the camera gets confused with green, like my old one. At least it's not an emerald, which is the biggest nightmare to photograph.

TLtsavpearring.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's my favourite colour for Tsavorite. I know it's not everybody's colour way but it's mine! With that in mind, please send it to me immediately! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink2: :lol: :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1305312565|2920957 said:
That's my favourite colour for Tsavorite. I know it's not everybody's colour way but it's mine! With that in mind, please send it to me immediately! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink2: :lol: :lol:

Thanks LD, it's mine as well, and it took a very long time to find this color/tone. It has a lot of blue in it, more than the photos give it credit for. While it's not the trade preference, I prefer it.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Set already...geez, woman, you are QUICK! It's really lovely.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1305163785|2919244 said:
I had this lanbo setting and I wanted a stone for it. I found this very crystal, medium toned tsavorite. I have some photos of it with my spinel because I just love the combination of red and green together. It's a very slightly bluish green, but my camera isn't that great with green. Both settings are variations of each other.

Dont know how I missed this thread before, but just wanted to say how nice your ring is.

And also thank you for posting it with the spinel. I have a tsavorite and bixbite ring being made at the moment so it nice to see how well your red and green go together :appl: :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Jstar!

MAC-W|1305454415|2922222 said:
TL|1305163785|2919244 said:

Dont know how I missed this thread before, but just wanted to say how nice your ring is.

And also thank you for posting it with the spinel. I have a tsavorite and bixbite ring being made at the moment so it nice to see how well your red and green go together :appl: :love:

Thank you MAC-W. BTW, that tsavorite and bixbite ring sounds lovely. Can you tell us more about it, the stone sizes, and design. Want pictures when you get it!!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring TL--you have done it again!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Erinl!

Here's some photos I took today in the sun. I think I got a better handle on the white balance. I love the sparkle from this stone.

TLtsavsparkle1.JPG

TLtsavsparkle2.JPG

TLtsavandspinelhand.JPG

TLtsavspinelsparkle3.JPG

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its Gorgeous!!! So sparkly!!! The green glistens in the sunlight!! Very Nice!! Enjoy :))

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1305469018|2922292 said:
Thank you MAC-W. BTW, that tsavorite and bixbite ring sounds lovely. Can you tell us more about it, the stone sizes, and design. Want pictures when you get it!!

Hi TL,
Your new pictures are fabulous, and make me want my ring finished asap. I'm still finalising the design and waxes but hope to have it finished in the next month or so. The tsavorite is a 0.98ct pear and the bixbite is a 0.25ct pear but very insense colour and more than holds its own against the Tsavorite. TBH if the bixbite was any bigger I dont think it would work so well. Will definately post pictures once its finished.

I hope my ring turns out as well as yours has, but I know my pictures wont be as good as yours.

M

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results