shape
carat
color
clarity

8 star or not

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondheathen

Rough_Rock
I have recently starting looking into 8 star diamonds. They are very beautiful... but are they worth the cost?

I was set to buy one on first sight today... until I saw the price and I was still tempted but I wanted to get some more opinions. (expert and otherwise)

The 8 star I saw was:

#5 - 8 star

1.16 H VS2 : $10,991

Some others that are available:

1.17 I SI1 : $ 8,840
.93 G VVS2: $ 9,450
1.14 I VS1 : $ 9,811

I was initially looking to get a stone for around 6,500 - 7,500
but I must admit that these have really intrigued me.

But again... are they worth the extra $$ and will I really notice a difference for a regular similar (cheaper) diamond once they are set.

Troy

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You will notice the difference with 'regular' diamonds, but you may not with other very weel proportioned diamonds, some of which can be found at regular prices with lots of leg work, and others can be obtained from Super ideal cutters like a Cut Above and Superb cert to name 2. There are also retailer / etailers who seek out the best stones and sell at fair prices.

is it worth it? This is an impossible question for anyone but you!

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can tell you that I sell Eightstars and other super-ideals. Over 1/2 of the people that I have had compare them buy the Eightstar. Over 3/4 of those can pick them apart side by side but either don't like something about the look or maybe the price (I'll let you decide).

Eightstar is a work of art and you can only buy similar diamonds, not exact. Maybe one day just not right now.

Do you want the Ferrari, or the kit car that looks like one? Nothing is an Eightstar but an Eightstar.

You may or may not want one but don't be lead into believing someone is cutting another diamond that duplicates what Eightstar is cutting every time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results