shape
carat
color
clarity

8-prong Solitaire Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2006 3:39:39 PM
Author: midnightshakesthememory
here''s tacori #2. i like this halo because it doesn''t look to me like one is trying to make the center stone look larger, it is just a nice accent that looks pretty up close (although i''m sure it makes the stone look at least 0.5carat larger from across a room)

Does anyone agree/disagree with that assessment? I haven''t seen either ring in person yet.

~~I tried this Tacori on in person a couple of weeks ago while shopping for my birthday present, and it''s gorgeous!! The halo is super delicate, as are the tiny diamonds under the halo. I tried on the 1ct. and it looked pretty substantial on my finger!!
30.gif

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for suggestions kcoursolle!!
Both of those rings are lovely.

I definitely wouldn't mind a regular halo, but I am thinking I need to visit BBB, and see the ring in person.

The funny thing is that I made up my mind on a solitaire ring, and then at the last second, I decided to find settings to make the stone pop and look bigger.
My bf is calling me an indecisive little monkey.
31.gif
My bf really adores the solitares for its classy looks, so he is not being as helpful with the halo idea.

bling*diva*,
thats what I want, I *think*, substantial look. very excited to see it now!

I'll see the endless love ritani as well while I am at it.

I am definitely not up on a bezel without sparklies!
21.gif

angel777

Shiny_Rock
So to summarize, to create an optical illusion of a larger stone one can:

1. Have 8 tiny prongs vs 6 or 4 heftier ones
2. Stick to 2.5mm or thinner bands
3. Seek Bezel settings
4. Seek Halo settings

Mmm.. another picture of Tacori Halo:

Yummy
30.gif

Can you tell I no longer sleep at night??

pZALEBBB1-2227099dt.jpg

kcoursolle--where did you find that ring with the "underneath" halo? It''s BEAUTIFUL! I''ve never seen a ring like that. Do you know who makes it or where I can find it on the web? I think that would be perfect if they make a similar setting for RB stones. I love the tacoris but I''m worried about having my wedding band sit flush.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2006 4:55:48 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
DS2006 and I have seen both at a local jeweler. They are better in person.
Yes, and I tried on #2 at another jeweler. It truly is the classiest halo for a round I've seen. And it is the only one I'd consider for myself.

I personally do not think prongs make a diamond look larger or smaller. I think a 4 prong makes a stone look more round because less of it is obscured by prongs. The more prongs a stone has (in a solitaire setting), the more my eye is drawn to the prongs instead of the diamond unless they are really tiny. But these halos by Tacori are just gorgeous, no doubt about it. I think they may sit a little high, though, so definitely try them on before deciding.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 2:28:16 AM
Author: angel777
Cehra,
our tastes are very similar!

What are your other favorites on PS if you don''t mind me asking?
28.gif
oh gosh, I''m not good at remembering... 3hearts is a fav and is the only one I think about sometimes when I''m out and about and I think, I should just get a ring like that and give up all of my insanity lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 2:37:11 AM
Author: kcoursolle
Here''s a couple of more delicate ideas to make a stone look bigger. If you don''t want a regular halo, you could have an ''underneath'' halo.
OMG THAT''S IT!!!!! I''ve been looking all over the place for this ring!!!!!!!!!! If I set my stone e/w this is what I want! Thanks K!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 5:22:13 AM
Author: angel777
So to summarize, to create an optical illusion of a larger stone one can:

1. Have 8 tiny prongs vs 6 or 4 heftier ones
2. Stick to 2.5mm or thinner bands
3. Seek Bezel settings
4. Seek Halo settings

Mmm.. another picture of Tacori Halo:

Yummy
30.gif

Can you tell I no longer sleep at night??
bahahaha - I can so relate!! I feel like I''m getting married to my rock! Everything has to be perfect lol BTW you ask what I like, see my last post ;D I''ll post a few others in a bit :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
plain and simply bezels do add visual width to the stone.

i got my sister a .15 ACA for a pendant and bezel set it.

i have a .38c regent stone in a pendant.

both stones on my neck basically looked the same in size....my .38c regent has a spread of i think something like 4.4mm and the .15 in a bezel had a spread of visually about 4mm or so. whereas a plain .15 with no bezel was typically something like 3.3mm.

it really drove home the fact for me that bezels do make stones look bigger, regardless of the size of the stone. it just adds visual spread to it. in my personal opinion a bezel or a halo is even better used on a smaller stone, i don't like large stones with halos as much...though i have seen some lovely exceptions!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are two images.

pendant bezel comparison b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
another.

pendant bezel comparison.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
midnightshakesthememory and Cehrabehra, I''m glad you like the pictures of the ring I posted!! It really is a stunning look.

I''m afraid I don''t know exactly where I found the picture. I have a large folder of ring pics on my computer that I gathered over the years. However, I think that this ring is very similar to the daniel k "rosebud" setting. It might be a custom design that another manufacturer did. Sorry I''m not much more help.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, those are great pictures! The stones really do look about the same size, amazing what a bezel can do!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 3:02:08 PM
Author: kcoursolle
midnightshakesthememory and Cehrabehra, I''m glad you like the pictures of the ring I posted!! It really is a stunning look.

I''m afraid I don''t know exactly where I found the picture. I have a large folder of ring pics on my computer that I gathered over the years. However, I think that this ring is very similar to the daniel k ''rosebud'' setting. It might be a custom design that another manufacturer did. Sorry I''m not much more help.
I know I''d seen it somewhere... but no idea where... and it vaguely kept floating in my mind and I found several similar but wasn''t quite right... until I saw that pic and I was like THAT''S IT!! too bad we can''t remember where we found it! lol

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, I am so glad you posted those pics! Those are the pictures I was talking about in my earlier post. They are proof that bezels do make the stone larger.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know, after seeing what a huge difference the bezel makes, even a super tiny one, i am almost sure i will bezel set a future stone for a pendant...why would i want to buy a 1c when i can get a .60ish stone for much less and just bezel set it to get the same kind of visual impact??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results