shape
carat
color
clarity

8* and Brilliancescope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDam

Rough_Rock
Those of you folks that own 8* diamonds and have brilliancescope reports. How do the readings compare to the other superideal cut diamonds. Are your 8*''s as scintillating and or sparkly as the other super ideals out their even if the readings are not all in the very high range?

JDam

8*flash

Rough_Rock
For some reason, all the Brilliancescope results I have seen for 8*'s all float around the bottom end of "High" in Scintillation. Why it is so low for an 8* I do not know. It sure makes up for it in other ways though.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The Eightstars have never done well with the BScope. If you do a search, you should come up with some of the highly technical threads on the subject. I wouldn't be concerned, though; an Eightstar is a gorgeous fireball.

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
I wonder how the 8*'s score on the Isee2?
read.gif

JDam

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the responses! I really appreciate it! I am just trying to make sure that I get all the information that I need to make a decision.

Best,

JDam

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
To date on the Isee2 Eightstars have scored very well. I had heard earlier this year an Eightstar dealer took several Eightstars and had them run when the Isee2 was being introduced in New York. It was said that to date the Eightstar scored highest and were the most consistant of the diamond offered for testing.

The Isee2 works a little differently than the Bscope. It gathers many more positions of information than the Bscope (like 30 times more). The down side is the Isee2 doesn't produce reports, but you could always "print screen" and save the results as a photograph (tip for all you Isee2 users).

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
StevL,
Do you happen to know what range the 8*'s fell in? Upper 9's, lower 9's? The stone I'm looking at (non-8*) scored a 9.3, so I'm curious how it may compare to some of the 8*'s that were tested.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results