shape
carat
color
clarity

8.19ct WX Light Yellow Modified Oval Diamond Ringdant

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Today I took mom to pick up her ringdant.

It’s Humongous! The center stone is beautiful. Alex from Parks Fine Group took the ring under the sun with us to make sure we are happy with the diamond, because this diamond have medium blue fluorescence. The fluorescence did nothing under the sun.

My mom definitely need some time to get adjust to the size. It looks more like a cocktail ring to us at the moment. We did came up with the ring design, but didn’t think it will be this BIG! Maybe people will think it’s costume jewelry. :D

I asked the halo melee to be set slated, so it won’t have a flat look when looking from top. If it was flat it will look even bigger. Also we asked it to be make as a ringdant, but the bail can’t be hidden because of the diamond size. That’s why it’s dangling like this.

My mom say the dangling part make the ring look like a turtle with out its tail! LMAO!
What do you think? Alex said if we don’t like it he can take it out, but we should take our time to think. It’s easy to take out but once it’s out then my mom can’t use it as a pendant. The bale can be hidden a little but, but you can see it from the side,

It’s very difficult to capture the diamond color from the phone. I have a white iPhone and the diamond reflect some white color from my phone. It actually looks more yellow under the sun. I also love that the facet is chunky compared to some Oval that I see.

Thanks for letting us share!

052B6266-CF2B-461C-AE23-EF07761A4837.jpeg 5F076D06-A72C-4FF3-A6ED-558121C01D27.jpeg A82A7706-B6C0-46CB-A9F3-9BDCEFF145BF.jpeg 4B486F96-3D5F-45EE-940D-314D2445C962.jpeg 6F4CFE44-D170-4503-8664-0D4092869D81.jpeg F57A163F-4458-432C-B2E5-3DAD77D7BC87.jpeg 0EED1824-FD89-432D-A171-8D57A51D167B.jpeg 1724F955-0B06-4DBC-81A7-F80FB5673BD6.jpeg 3CEE0E29-80EB-4363-93F0-72C222DE9C50.jpeg 3DADD642-6831-4555-844D-B8B164BB7ABA.jpeg 1E5AE07F-549B-4CBE-B2EF-4A1800D07040.jpeg

Last edited:
Holy mother of god, what a RING! And what a gorgeous color!! Is it set in a yellow gold cup to enhance the color??

I absolutely love it as a ring and would be down to sacrifice many a non-crucial organ for it but I really don’t like the bale hanging out like that :/ if your mother would like to maintain flexibility is it possible for the chain to be threaded through the basket at the back so that she can wear it as a pendant without the bale?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others I couldn't live with the bale on it like that.

But WOWSERS!!! This is the biggest & most sunny yellow i think I've ever seen! :kiss2:

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
@AllAboardTheBlingTrain

Yes there is a full gold cup upset the diamond, but there is a hole where she can have the diamond cleaned if need to.

The basket have no space for a chain to go through. The basket would have to have a gap, which will lift up the height of the ring, which it will be too high and it will look bad I think.

This will take some time to think it over. It can always be remove if necessary.

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is incredible! I saw this on Alex's IG this morning. She is so lucky, the craftsmanship is superb.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is incredible! I saw this on Alex's IG this morning. She is so lucky, the craftsmanship is superb.

Thanks. Alex doesn’t make money on the setting if someone bought the stone from him. He charged my mom very minimal, but I have to say in a distance the ring looks good but there are improvements on the setting when you look at it up close.

I am not complaining, I do appreciate Alex for making the setting very affordable and appreciate his help.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow is it gorgeous! Congrats to your Mom!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowee! What a gorgeous, cheerful little ball of sunshine (well, not little but compared to the actual sun :lol: )
I love it. The color of the stone is just delicious!! Alex did an especially fine job on the setting!! I would want that baby on my finger exclusively so I could admire it All. Day. Long!!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I like how it look wearing it as a pendant, but I think she need a bigger chain. I was also thinking a small diamond necklace would go well with it as well. It will have to be a special occasion piece. We barely have any occasion.

Attachments

• EB3B799A-50A5-4DFE-83E4-0E1451BCC644.jpeg
    EB3B799A-50A5-4DFE-83E4-0E1451BCC644.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 7EC8F1BE-B8A9-46CB-AD73-09BB89F6C8F8.jpeg
    7EC8F1BE-B8A9-46CB-AD73-09BB89F6C8F8.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 51

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Wowee! What a gorgeous, cheerful little ball of sunshine (well, not little but compared to the actual sun :lol: )
I love it. The color of the stone is just delicious!! Alex did an especially fine job on the setting!! I would want that baby on my finger exclusively so I could admire it All. Day. Long!!

Thank you! I am going back and forth about keeping it solely as a ring or with the bail... because it’s not particle to wear all the time. It is huge! She Also helpS me take care of my 2 toddlers. She also can’t bare with the thoughts of having any dish( not dishes) in the sink. She see one cup, she washes it, doesn’t even give me a chance to load it in the dishwasher!

It won’t be a everyday ring for sure. That’s why I can’t decide. I don’t go to the city a lot, the next time I go will be the end of September. We have some time to wear it around and see how she feels.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To me your diamond looks fabulous as both a ring and a pendant.

The bale on my DW's ringdant is removable. It was made by David Klass, and they somehow managed to incorporate a double safety into how the bale attached to the ring setting, Peace of mind, for sure!

I heard Alex and David were friends, so if you still want to be able to use it as a pendant, maybe Alex could get some tips from David.

Q

Queenie60

Wow! Very beautiful

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock

The bale on my DW's ringdant is removable. It was made by David Klass, and they somehow managed to incorporate a double safety into how the bale attached to the ring setting, Peace of mind, for sure!

I heard Alex and David were friends, so if you still want to be able to use it as a pendant, maybe Alex could get some tips from David.

Thanks for the suggestion! I sure will ask him, I am not sure if he is capable of doing it so. If not I wonder if David Klass will helps me fix it... I am currently having DK setting my 6.5 YZ radiant.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the turtleyness of it!!

Can you elaborate on what you're seeing that could need improvement? How is the melee/pave work?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I love the turtleyness of it!!

Can you elaborate on what you're seeing that could need improvement? How is the melee/pave work?

lol the turtle head dangle around and would turn constantly when wearring as a ring. It feels like a costume jewelry in a way, but I see the cuteness in it as well. My mom say it might be a good thing if people think it’s a fake piece.

Well the pave work is good. He even told me he doesn’t have the confident to do the pave work, so he have a setter do the work for him. The simple setting he does it himself.

The detail work is difficult for him I think. Under the cup, where he needs to torch the gold cup and the halo together, there are some marks and dents, if I turn the setting around I can easily see it. I didn’t complain about it to him, because I know that he did the best of his ability.

Also, other than me, no one can see it. But I have eyes for these things.

That’s why on my review about his business, I suggested if someone is very particular with the setting, they should look for someone else to do the work, but simple setting he can do the work.

I can deal with these minor details because I only paid a fraction of the price with him compared to paying thousands on the settings. I think someone who decided to have him customize complicated setting need to put this into consideration.

I do think he did beautiful work on my setting though! I had a vision and Went back and forth to him about my ideas, and he put it together for me. He didn’t have to do the setting, he can simply just sell the stone. Like I said he doesn’t make money on the setting. He said he offers it to help his customers.

Edited to add more details.

Last edited:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol the turtle head dangle around and would turn constantly when wearring as a ring. It feels like a costume jewelry in a way, but I see the cuteness in it as well. My mom say it might be a good thing if people think it’s a fake piece.

Well the pave work is good. He even told me he doesn’t have the confident to do the pave work, so he have a setter do the work for him. The simple setting he does it himself.

The detail work is difficult for him I think. Under the cup, where he needs to torch the gold cup and the halo together, there are some marks and dents, if I turn the setting around I can easily see it. I didn’t complain about it to him, because I know that he did the best of his ability.

Also, other than me, no one can see it. But I have eyes for these things.

That’s why on my review about his business, I suggested if someone is very particular with the setting, they should look for someone else to do the work, but simple setting he can do the work.

I can deal with these minor details because I only paid a fraction of the price with him compared to paying thousands on the settings. I think someone who decided to have him customize complicated setting need to put this into consideration.

I do think he did beautiful work on my setting though! I had a vision and Went back and forth to him about my ideas, and he put it together for me. He didn’t have to do the setting, he can simply just sell the stone. Like I said he doesn’t make money on the setting. He said he offers it to help his customers.

Edited to add more details.
That's really great feedback. The pros are the competitive pricing, and that any blemish you noticed is on the underside.

One vendor I use for settings sends the setting to a polisher to polish inside out. But that's an extra cost that's passed on to me.

The whole experience altogether that you had sounds great. Sounds like you dialogue well with Alex, the stone and setting are well done and super competitively priced, and the bonus, that he stepped outside to confirm witb you guys that you're OK with fluor is really a nice touch.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock

Can you please show me the details on your ring how it’s detachable?

I want to give Alex the idea. I saw your rings video and some pictures. I had forwarded to Alex. I am sure more pictures will help him.

Last edited:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I love the ring. That tail is too cute for words. I bet your Mom is over the moon

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t say enough good things about Alex! I told him my problems and he is going to help me fix it. He is always so willing to help and fix issues. I can sleep with ease tonight.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful! And huge! :shock:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like how it look wearing it as a pendant, but I think she need a bigger chain. I was also thinking a small diamond necklace would go well with it as well. It will have to be a special occasion piece. We barely have any occasion.

jaw droppingly spectacularly beautuful

im drooling
i love these ringdents
tumblr_inline_nsiysfefGu1ri14x7_500-1.png

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Omg the ring-dant!! That is soooo beautiful but agree with others re: the bail. It looks lovely as a ring or as a pendant. Hopefully you can get David to make you something that is more convertible so your mum can get more wear out of this lovely piece.

It sounds great your experience with Alex. He is so honest and his prices are very reasonable. I am glad that he is doing everything he can to ensure you and your mum are satisfied :)

Enjoy the ring! Maybe you and your mum can share :)

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ring. That tail is too cute for words. I bet your Mom is over the moon

She kept saying it huge, it’s too big lol. I see it as a good thing. I think because of the shape, and depth is not too deep, the halo make it look even bigger!

She doesn’t like the dangle turtle head. We will have Alex fix it. She was so excited and say let’s go see him tomorrow. But I don’t feel like going to the city again so soon.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
She kept saying it huge, it’s too big lol. I see it as a good thing. I think because of the shape, and depth is not too deep, the halo make it look even bigger!

She doesn’t like the dangle turtle head. We will have Alex fix it. She was so excited and say let’s go see him tomorrow. But I don’t feel like going to the city again so soon.

i think she'll get used to the size in no time
and yes, maybe she could just enjoy it around the house and don't rush back into the city if it can wait

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results