shape
carat
color
clarity

7 Stone Rings: Fancy Intense Yellow and White Asschers

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are SPECTACULAR! I love Asscher and Cushion cuts and these rings are perfection, I prefer the white but that’s just my taste. Wear them forever with joy and delight....gorgeous!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@CSpan the vendor was Diamonds Direct. In order to determine what I really wanted, I needed a store where I could try on a lot of eternity band stone shapes, setting styles, and different carat weights. This helped me decide on a 7 stone asscher in a basket setting. Pricescope has taught me so much. I gave the vendor specific parameters for the stones. I insisted that they be well cut.They called in a number of stones and narrowed down the set. I examined each of them and gave approval. They developed a CAD. We had some back and forth on details and prong style. A wax was sent about a week later (so helpful) and approved by me. They used a vendor in California for the custom work. Start to finish was about month long process. The yellow diamond ring took longer for the stone search. I almost went with east-west yellow ovals instead but there was just something about those yellow asschers. I elected to not cup the yellow diamonds so that I could easily clean them. I was quite pleased with the work and whole process. They really did make sure everything was perfect and to my specifications. I would caveat though that I think Diamonds Direct can be somewhat expensive and some diamonds will not meet Pricescope expectations. However they respond really well to customers who are knowledgeable and passionate about jewelry which is beneficial in advocating for an appropriate price for the desired quality.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@CSpan the vendor was Diamonds Direct. In order to determine what I really wanted, I needed a store where I could try on a lot of eternity band stone shapes, setting styles, and different carat weights. This helped me decide on a 7 stone asscher in a basket setting. Pricescope has taught me so much. I gave the vendor specific parameters for the stones. I insisted that they be well cut.They called in a number of stones and narrowed down the set. I examined each of them and gave approval. They developed a CAD. We had some back and forth on details and prong style. A wax was sent about a week later (so helpful) and approved by me. They used a vendor in California for the custom work. Start to finish was about month long process. The yellow diamond ring took longer for the stone search. I almost went with east-west yellow ovals instead but there was just something about those yellow asschers. I elected to not cup the yellow diamonds so that I could easily clean them. I was quite pleased with the work and whole process. They really did make sure everything was perfect and to my specifications. I would caveat though that I think Diamonds Direct can be somewhat expensive and some diamonds will not meet Pricescope expectations. However they respond really well to customers who are knowledgeable and passionate about jewelry which is beneficial in advocating for an appropriate price for the desired quality.

I am so surprised that Diamonds Direct was willing to do this for you. I was looking to make an eternity a couple of years ago, and they have a big store in my city. I spent time there trying on bands and talking with one of the sales associates about what I would want. I explained the cut quality of the modern rounds I would be looking for and asked if they could source those. She took my info and literally sent me an email telling me they couldn’t help me. I ended up having my stones custom cut and set through CVB.

Your bands are absolutely gorgeous. The combination of the two is so luscious! I had never thought about a fancy yellow band before but you are giving me all sorts of ideas!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@Tonks Thanks! I am sorry to hear that they were not as helpful to you. Maybe it comes down to the sales associate and store manager or maybe even just timing of what they have available to them. I had an awesome sales associate whom tirelessly humored me with diamond selection and CADs. I am happy to put you in touch with her if you ever want to give it another try. At the very least I trust she would be able to identify the best associate to help in your area but likely would help you directly and just send things to your store. All that said, I think they have evolved a bit over the last few years and are now doing more custom work than they did in the past. My local store uses two benches in CA to do the custom work. Though I browsed in the past, it was only this year that I finally made a purchase there.

CVB does amazing work so it all worked out fabulously for you for sure.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
And here is why I settled on the idea of yellow asschers (sadly this one was just too out of reach). It was fancy intense and just under 5 carats.

20191122_154729.jpg 20191122_154910.jpg

Wowza that is amazingly beautiful!

Yours are just so so perfect on you. Do you wear stacked or 1 on each hand?

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@Polabowla thanks! If I had longer fingers, I might stack them on one finger. It does give a nice wall of diamonds look. However I don’t find it comfortable that way. I usually wear one as a right hand ring and alternate.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Holy balls of gorgeousness! Off the charts.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
And here is why I settled on the idea of yellow asschers (sadly this one was just too out of reach). It was fancy intense and just under 5 carats.

20191122_154729.jpg 20191122_154910.jpg

@aac2013: That FIY asscher ring is so goregous! Would you mind sharing the vendor? I might be interested to buy it if it's not sold yet...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results