shape
carat
color
clarity

7 new rings and a panda

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Was just at AAJ and a big purple cab caught my eye. Does this work?
221C0D22-D076-49B3-8389-868BB4E2D1D0.jpeg CC880963-B85B-4118-855C-FA357B4EC689.jpeg 182BF771-6B63-40F5-BE10-63D36D294A10.jpeg AF14FE13-F8DA-4BF0-AB57-A961808961E5.jpeg
It’s hard to capture the color accurately. These are all unedited pics.

More details here:
https://www.allaboutjade.com.sg/products/lavender-jade-cabochon?_pos=17&_sid=72f1d8555&_ss=r

I like the lavender cab, depending on how translucent it is, I think it would be a super nice colour in sunlight. I think I like the cooler tone though, so maybe I am not going to be a good judge for what appeals to others.

I have been staying out of your threads, as they contain so many pretty stones. I always add things to my imaginary wish list when I read them -- not good! I am supposed to be buying a sapphire with the money I have put away! Now I am seriously admiring a jade bangle

https://www.allaboutjade.com.sg/collections/bangles/products/bluish-flower-bangle-round-ba128

Lol I did not need it 5 minites ago, so the rational part of me says I don't need it now. Also it probably doesnt fit my massive hands But it is super pretty. Need to stay focused :lol:.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I like the lavender cab, depending on how translucent it is, I think it would be a super nice colour in sunlight. I think I like the cooler tone though, so maybe I am not going to be a good judge for what appeals to others.

I have been staying out of your threads, as they contain so many pretty stones. I always add things to my imaginary wish list when I read them -- not good! I am supposed to be buying a sapphire with the money I have put away! Now I am seriously admiring a jade bangle

https://www.allaboutjade.com.sg/collections/bangles/products/bluish-flower-bangle-round-ba128

Lol I did not need it 5 minites ago, so the rational part of me says I don't need it now. Also it probably doesnt fit my massive hands But it is super pretty. Need to stay focused :lol:.

That’s a huge compliment @qubitasaurus :kiss2:
Thanks so much!

I wear jadeite bangles nearly 24/7, so I can easily justify them most of the time. In my culture the belief is that they offer some protection to the wearer. Somehow I do feel better wearing them so who knows maybe it really works :P2

I took a video for @prs too...

Purples do usually come out looking more intense and even looking in my pics/videos so just want to caveat that. I do like that it’s a more bluish purple vs pinkish purple as you can see against the ring in the other pic. My personal preference for bluish stones. Heh :P2

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s a huge compliment @qubitasaurus :kiss2:
Thanks so much!

I wear jadeite bangles nearly 24/7, so I can easily justify them most of the time. In my culture the belief is that they offer some protection to the wearer. Somehow I do feel better wearing them so who knows maybe it really works :P2

I took a video for @prs too...

Purples do usually come out looking more intense and even looking in my pics/videos so just want to caveat that. I do like that it’s a more bluish purple vs pinkish purple as you can see against the ring in the other pic. My personal preference for bluish stones. Heh :P2

Yes it is the photo next to your other lavender jade cab that made me like it so much. The blue secondary colour just stood out for me. I can't tell how translucent it is from the photos though.

I think I must naturally gravitate towards trouble on this forum :lol-2:, I am in awe of some of the stones here and compiling a stupendously unrealistic wish list.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade thanks for thinking of me. This is @Bluegemz fabulous pendant that set me off on the lavender jade trail. It has the color we are looking for, and this color doesn't come along very often!

1 Lavender Jade Pendant Bluegemz 1A.jpeg

Ah this color. Very rare and expensive. I saw some at my local fair but the prices... :eek2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
1879C416-CDCE-4A8F-9157-D265568FF235.jpeg
@prs the intense purple I saw at the local show. Is a Singapore based vendor and I can pass you the contact if you are interested. Very deep purple. Vendor had a few all like that but couldn’t capture the color through the glass.

The one in my hand is one side of a pair of dangle earrings.
1D58C4E6-4718-4BCF-BD29-59A2D4969123.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party but the panda ring is adorable love the little face on him/her!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1879C416-CDCE-4A8F-9157-D265568FF235.jpeg
@prs the intense purple I saw at the local show. Is a Singapore based vendor and I can pass you the contact if you are interested. Very deep purple. Vendor had a few all like that but couldn’t capture the color through the glass.

The one in my hand is one side of a pair of dangle earrings.
1D58C4E6-4718-4BCF-BD29-59A2D4969123.jpeg
Sorry for the delay in responding, my brain has been full of ringdant! :eek2:

Yes, this is the color, I think it is the lavender equivalent to Imperial green, but even more rare! One has to be very sure of the vendor when buying lavender of this color and cost. Even the best labs have admitted they cannot always tell for sure if these lavender stones are dyed or not.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
You inspired me. Here is my peruvian blue opal. I loved yours so much I knew I needed to have one. :)
ring 1.jpg ring2.jpg

Your opal is gorgeous! Where did you buy it may I know?

Hope you are enjoying your beautiful ring. The blue in the sunlight is amazing isn’t it? :kiss2:

Jamey Glynn

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind words. My ring isn't nearly as spectacular as yours, but I do love it. I love the color in the sun- reminds me of the Caribbean. I found the stone at a gem and mineral show in our area. I'm really happy with the way the ring turned out.

Your opal is gorgeous! Where did you buy it may I know?

Hope you are enjoying your beautiful ring. The blue in the sunlight is amazing isn’t it? :kiss2:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Just came back for another look at the panda, I love it!
Pandas have long been one of my favorite animals ever since I saw them in a books a child ; i finally got to visit one in a zoo a few years back. It was amazing (except that I couldn't pet it or sneak it home in my backpack ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results