shape
carat
color
clarity

6ctw dormeuse-style OEC double drops from Ivy & Rose and Sako

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come by to awe over how many diamonds you are holding!!

My mom keeps telling me I need to because she has so many earrings for me to borrow, but I’ll admit I’m a big baby when it comes to pain, and it’s getting the courage to sit in that seat as an adult while someone does the piercing! I also had an allergic reaction to the studs they put in the first time and couldn’t figure out why. Now, I suspect it was nickel!

Girl seriously. Four words. Sterile sea salt spray. And platinum. Ok. Five. I got my ears pierced for the third time when I was over 40, and the first time they successfully healed. So glad I did. Now I get bling in my ears. Worth every second of the pain, even as a person with a suuuuuuper low pain threshold. You can do it!!! Then you get wear yssie-style glamorous earrings. If her earring collection doesn’t inspire you I don’t know what would. Ok sorry for the jack. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That description of the “niggling” feeling is so apt. I’m the same way. And I wish it didn’t happen to often!

Okay so I know this is radically off topic…but what is your plan for those gorgeous rose cuts?!

Soooooo this. That constant examining and re-examining. If that’s NOT what you’re doing, you’ve done it right. So happy for you @yssie that these are it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve gone from fashionably late to embarrassingly late responding to this thread ;( I blame work! And worse - I have no new photos to share as these just went to the bank but here are a couple more oldies... Until next week... :shifty:

3926966C-91CD-4A0C-840C-AA6C93CA01F8.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

B4613614-F89A-4B2C-A298-55CAC0214D8D.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

C5355872-04E1-4569-9BC0-A75FDFC8F5DA.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Donnass117 Thank you!! ❤️

I have so many earrings. Earrings are definitely my Thing, I can’t ever turn them away ::) But my collection is... Let’s call it “not cohesive” - you couldn’t look at my earrings and tell much of anything about my general tastes. I think these are a bit of a departure from my usual actually! :bigsmile:

@Jax172 Thank you so much ::)

And reading your post - more details! There are so many amazing OECs here on PS, stones that people looked for months for, and which fulfill all their requirements - their ideal colours, their ideal facet patterns, their ideal sizes... My stones aren’t that! I stumbled over them and they were inexpensive for the size - I wanted as big as I could get and was willing to sacrifice on other wants for size :bigsmile: And I think my stones are lovely but I definitely acknowledge that they aren’t the once-in-a-blue-moon OECs that other PSers have found!! :love:

Thanks for reminding me to clarify that! ::)

@RunningwithScissors Thank you so much, you’re always so thoughtful and generous :love:

I have to marvel at how easy and normal PS has made these sorts of adventures. I was chatting with a friend’s wife a few weeks ago - she wants to have a ring made with some various green gemstones and I had to consciously stop myself from drowning her in details - custom cutting, mixing stones with varying RI, which setters I would go to for mounting.... Buying diamonds online, having them certed after the fact, mailing them cross-country for mounting, having custom settings made - and to imagine that without PS I wouldn’t have any clue all of this was even possible!!

I try to keep each piece of jewellery to one colour gradient at most. Mental thing. All white, all yellow, all pink, shades of white to yellow, shades of white to pink, all good. These stones were yellow-with-a-hint-of-olive so we made the colour gamut greeney-white to yellow. Mind-clean. I’m happy :bigsmile:

I’ve worn these nearly every day since I got them, they’ve seen some things :lol: In all seriousness though - I adore them, thank you, again ::)

@Redwoods-hiker-girl Thank you!! :bigsmile:

@Kim N Thank you, that’s so kind of you ::)

What you said - that they could have come from someone’s collection - I LOVE that. Such a romantic idea ❤️ These are actually the only pieces in my collection that that’s true of, everything else is either vintage-inspired or unapologetically modern...

I asked my husband to grab some flowers on his way out to get milk and apparently the white and yellow mix was the only decent bunch available - worked out perfectly! And these were fun to take photos of!! Keeping the stones’ chaotic faceting evenly obstructing face-up, and preserving the subtle colour changes, I was quite chuffed to get some good pics :bigsmile:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LALove Thank you so much darling!! :bigsmile:

@MrsBlue I know what you mean!! I personally do like a platinum to YG shift, I like the contrast, but I have difficulty with combos of white and pink metals - same reason as you :))

I really like having some design element in the mount capture each colour of gemstone being set - so for these yellow stones I knew that I’d want some YG in the mount. The arrangement of white gold next to the stones and yellow gold against skin worked out so well :love:

@valenledge Yes!! Totally ditto @LLJsmom, you have a filial obligation to help your beloved mother with her earrings :bigsmile:

I have heard that nickel allergies are becoming more common... You could definitely get stainless or platinum posts this time around though ❤️

@Cerulean I used to think I could ignore it and eventually it’d go away and of course it never ever did :???: If anything it got worse over time! At this point I’ve made enough expensive mistakes to not ignore that feeling whilst I still have time to fix it!!

@MrsBlue, @valenledge, @Cerulean That pic is so OTT!! I remember laughing snapping it. The two rosies are part of a trio, Caysie’s going to do a three-petal brooch with them :love: All details still up in the air as usual! :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rosebloom Thank you so much love ::) I’ve been wearing them... Pretty much every day since I got them? Still loving them ❤️

Thank you @Tinkybell! :bigsmile:

@gregchang35 Thank you!! ::)

@LLJsmom Yup! For “casual drop earrings” - these are *it* for me!! I honestly can’t envision any way to do this style better, Sako seriously totally totally totally nailed it :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so gorgeous @yssie!! A perfect addition to your already enviable earring collection :kiss2:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Late to the party but . Hm smooth and gorgous like butter. They look so good on your ears. spectacular pair of earrings. :appl::appl::appl:

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Those are some of the the MOST beautiful earrings I’ve ever seen. I love how thoughtfully you went aobut the whole process to result in such a gorgeous and smart pair of wiggly sparklers. Bizarrely, just today I a pair of 6+ct OEC dormeuse was listed on Eragem, which is just up the coast from Lang. I wonder…these couln’t have been the original inspiration, were they? In the end, I think the design you came up with is so much better. I love the little loop between your stones even though they’re securely mounted to the post, and the peak-a-boo metal change. It just seemed rather uncanny to me =)2

Art Deco Old European Cut Diamond Earrings 7.40ctw N/VS2 GIA

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 Thank you!! :bigsmile: Earrings are my #Thing so they tend to be the pieces that get the lion’s share of my attention (and, okay, yeah, often my affection too :halo:) But I am seriously so so so so happy with how these turned out!! :love:

Thank you so much @heididdl!! ❤️ It’s new earring season all around here on PS now, with yours as well!! :appl:

@ksluice Thabj you!! And wow. Those are glorious, oh my goodness o_O And that’s my absolute favourite double drop proportion combo!!! :cool2:

You posting them is the first time I’ve seen them, actually! Lang didn’t have them when I visited two years ago - I did try on a different 6ctw-ish pair back then though... It was actually over 6 - maybe 6.5? They were allllll the sizzzzzeeee I wanted :devil: and @elizat’s Georgian inspired drops (also from Sako!) - they’re incredible, if you haven’t seen them!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/georgian-style-old-mine-earrings-are-done.255493/

I could have sworn I had a photo of trying that Lang pair on but I can’t find it :???: I’ll look on the computer when I’m home...

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK these earrings take my breath away!!! I'm dying over these!!! :kiss2:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Pretty pretty pretty. These earrings are classic.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick perspective pic from earlier today - I just realized I never posted one!!

SAKO.png

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
A quick perspective pic from earlier today - I just realized I never posted one!!

SAKO.png

Stunning!

I know you think drops are dressy, but I actually love the idea of wearing these with a more casual look too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results