shape
carat
color
clarity

6ctw dormeuse-style OEC double drops from Ivy & Rose and Sako

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"wiggle, not sway..." How do you find exactly the right words to conjure up the most enticing picture? They look so lovely I have chills. I am envious of your decisiveness and expertise. These are a perfect addition to your unparalleled collection of museum worthy earrings.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my...... I’m kind of lost for words to describe how exquisite your ear rings are, truly a work of art, so feminine and elegant!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful :kiss2:

As in, knock me down with a feather, beautiful.

Every single detail & execution, even down to the hallmark - stunning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @yssie. They are simply stunning on you. May I second the request for more ear shots pretty please. Wear your new lovelies in good health and blingy joy. :love:

And may I request (and I might have missed this info in my rush to get to the pics lol) the gram weight of these earrings? Just curious because my lobes too are weight sensitive and just wondering if I could ever even try on these beauties. :halo:

They are everything you described them to be....grand, luxurious, important and so much more.
Swoon!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Like many compromise, you ended up in a place you’ll love even more than the easy buy/ purchase for all the work that went into it. LOVE THIS!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love everything about each and every piece of yours @yssie, from the amount of care and detail, to the stunning end result...and these are absolutely no exception. Exquisite!! :kiss2:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They are a dream!!! Something like these have been on my list too. Totally to die for and very versatile.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings are .... aspirational. Just stunning!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another masterpiece - your vision and a skilled craftsman equals perfection!

Enjoy them - they are beautiful on you!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!! They don’t look like compromises at all! And love that you didn’t have to sweat the small stuff and the earrings turned out perfect.

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Seriously beautiful and look perfect on the ear.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Compromise stones??? Surely you jest. These earrings are just amazingly gorgeous and very Royal! o_O

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Just exquisite! More Ear Pics Please!

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
Le sigh! Sheer perfection!

just magnificent - the storytelling and the design details - your pearls and opal earrings have been on my saved bookmark list for ages. But these. Just wow. Bookmark applied ;-) and yes please, many more ear shots!

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
These are amazing! I love the design, and know Sako can execute when it comes to the details! Congratulations on your new earrings!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful earrings. Perfect in every way. I am always amazed and your eye for just the right thing and your ability to find the perfect person to make what you envisioned. I hope you wear them often and love them forever.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I knew what to expect and still wowed at the pictures. They’re stunning and absolutely nothing about them says compromise. :kiss2: as always.

(Also, #wigglenotsway needs to be added to a PS catchphrase list.)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I don’t have pierced ears but these could convince me otherwise. They are spectacular, perfect from all angles. I hope they bring you great joy.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These earrings are so very beautiful @yssie!! They are my favorite antique-style earring. They look fabulous on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this design sooo much!!! Sako did an amazing job! I imagine a lot of us are trying to think how to buy 4 diamonds!

You really made the right choice with the metals for these stones, too. That’s not easy with stones in this color range! The combo of unplated white and yg was perfect!

Congrats on another great addition to your fabulous earring collection!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful! :love: Congrats Yssie!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! And I LOVE the “wiggle, not sway” design — brilliant! What a beautiful pair of earrings. Enjoy them in good health!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wiggle, not sway - is that considered “en tremblant” as in the Georgian & Victorian era in france?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful on you! The perfect earrings to compliment your enviable collection! :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warm, buttery gorgeousness! Well done!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
You can do no wrong - seriously! Gorgeous earrings. I have often thought a pair of dangles. But t your stunning pair make my thoughts rather "bleh". Now can I copy yours, haha!! Just kidding.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
STOP IT!!!!! These are divine!! Sako's work is just amazing! :love: Perfect degree of wiggle (I bet they dance in candle light) and I second the request for more ear shots if you can please.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs Thank you!! I’m SO happy with how these turned out!!

I’ll dig out the photoshopped diagram that I sent Sako - it was really pretty lacking. The end result is honestly even more amazing given that background :lol:

This was my first time working with him but I’ve seen some of @elizat’s beauties in-person so I knew what he could do. I introduced myself as her friend - which fortunately for me is actually true :bigsmile: He was really really great to work with. Casual and no-stress. He was kind of waffly on pricing (I didn’t get a final total on the mounts until after completion) but… I’ve done projects with uncertain pricing like this before so I’m familiar with it, I trusted him to be fair and he was ::)

@Rfisher Thank you! So glad I went with tabs, they really suit :love:

@mjea I’m a slow typer and a serial editor :lol: And I have more!! Just waiting for the camera upload to finish! The sun came out for several hours today - and the flowers I had were on their last legs - so I took an extra long lunch break… :halo:

@iluvcarats Oh my goodness. We actually got the sun today!! It was wretchedly hot and humid and everyone on the street had their blinds drawn and windows wide open anyway. Of course it’s back to drizzle and thunderstorms tomorrow though :???:

Thank you so much!! Sometimes the descriptions are a struggle too write… Sometimes they all but write themselves - I much prefer it this way ❤️

@ean, @Mreader Thank you!! ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@maryjane04 Thank you!! ::)

The stones were such a lucky find! Ivy & Rose’s stones are so affordable, but they don’t often have larger pairs - I think I just happened to start looking at exactly the right time!

And I knew that I wanted these to be as true to period as possible, albeit with anachronistic metals. Sako’s work… I guess my best description is “the best version of the piece that could have been made a hundred years ago”? If that makes any sense? His aesthetic is definitely different from Caysie’s, Erika’s… I just love that we PSers have access to so many vendors in so many niches ::)

@bling_dream19 Thank you love!! :bigsmile: I love these things. Wouldn’t change a thing. It’s a really good place to be. Bling sisters get it. :love:

:lol: @facetgirl - thank you! :mrgreen:

Thank you @MamaBear ❤️ I most definitely will ::)

@Queenie60 Thank you so much!! This will be my last pair of dangly earrings for a good long time, so they’re extra extra special to me ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 Thank you!! I’ve had several projects in WIP for so long now, and I’d just sort of resigned myself to a long wait on them, but now that they’re starting to round the corner to the finish line all at the same time - I’m getting seriously antsy!! :lol:

I’m super thrilled with how these turned out :love: Although - I can’t really take credit for making them #Awesome - that was all Sako ::)

@CSpan Oh my goodness YES!! That is exactly what I wanted!! Thank you so much ❤️

His reputation is merited! They’re just so much nicer than I’d originally envisioned, night and day differential… I’m trying to think of the last time a piece surprised me this way - not coming up with much to be honest!!

Thank you @bright ice, @foxinsox :bigsmile:

@PreRaphaelite Thank you!!

Really. Thank you.

Your tip on revival pieces took me to Lang, and I ran into this article… And I’ve re-read it so many times I could probably recite nontrivial portions.
https://www.langantiques.com/university/earrings/

Noble. I love that description. And more than love - I covet that description. How decadent, that it should apply to these earrings that are all mine mine mine mine… :halo:

“En tremblant” - Yes! That does seem much more fitting! And the sorry thing is - I’ve heard the term but for some odd reason only ever thought of it in association with brooches. How’s that for thinking in the box?
Victorian inspired en tremblant dormeuse drops. You’re a wealth of knowledge. I’m so glad you saw my original thread on these :love:

@HollyC Thank you ::)

I remember the days of micromanaging vendors and dictating every last detail - or trying to, anyway, I must have been a nightmare client :shock::lol: But now that I’ve experienced making design minutiae someone else’s problem - I honestly couldn’t ever go back to trying to do it myself, I’m happier just doing the #Wanting... Now if I could just find a way to make paying for all the #Wanting someone else’s problem too… :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results