shape
carat
color
clarity

60% Table Concerns

jddibley

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm considering purchasing a diamond with the following specs, and am hoping for some guidance. I'll also post a picture of the diamond, Hearts and Arrows, ASET, and Idealscope. Thanks for your help!

SHAPE ROUND
WEIGHT 1.6 CT.
GRADING LAB GIA
CUT QUALITY EXCELLENT
CLARITY VS1
COLOR I
FLUORESCENCE MEDIUM BLUE
POLISH EXCELLENT
SYMMETRY EXCELLENT
SIZE 7.51 x 7.46 x 4.59 mm
RATIO 1.007
DEPTH 61.4%
PAVILION DEPTH 44.0%
TABLE 60.0%
GIRDLE SLIGHTLY THICK
CROWN HEIGHT 13.0%
CROWN ANGLE 33.0°
PAVILION ANGLE 41.4°

idealscope_25.jpg
diamond_aset_0.jpg diamond_68.jpg diamond_hearts.jpg diamond_arrows.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly - I'd pass. It scores a 3.9 on the HCA (worth buying if the price is right), and the images back that up. It is leaking under the table and the H&A pattern is not so good.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi,
Although I can not comment on any specific diamond, I can make general comments:
It's often said here that 60/60 is a different flavor than Ideal cut- that's a good way to describe the differences.
If you can look in person, it's going to be the only way one can truly appreciate the differences.
Totally broad brush strokes: the classic 60/60 has longer LGF's- producing thinner arrow shafts and more chances for the light to bounce around before it exits the diamond- causing sparkle and scintillation. But you loose a bit of contrast- the hearts and arrows are not visible.

SO- when trying to use ASET/IS to assess this type of diamond, it's sometimes counter-intuitive.
I have seen stones with ASET which showed some leakage in the table, yet looking at the diamond in real life, outside the ASET, there was no deficiency.
Along with super ideal, a well cut 60/60 is a very nice flavor in my opinion.
I hope you can see one in person to decide for yourself.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like a good 60/60. That's not one. The crown is too low and the pavillion angle is not a favorable one. Pass on that stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results