shape
carat
color
clarity

6 Prong Round Brilliant Solitaire Yellow Gold or White?

Inert

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't be surprised if your girlfriend has seen a lot of white or platinum prongs with yellow bands and just never realized it. I never noticed myself until joining this forum.

I think this is probably 100% true.

Inert

Rough_Rock
I have a 18k yellow gold band with platinum prongs. I totally understand not being sure about the "two tone" look, but I feel like the prongs blend in so much with the diamond (from the top down view at least) that you don't really notice. And I think a lot of "classic" (traditional?) yellow gold settings have platinum prongs (for example my mom's original ring was like that), so the "two tone" aspect of the metals doesn't jump out at me and the ring just looks pretty normal. My diamond is I colored btw. IMG_5581.JPG IMG_5586.JPG BrianGavin_Tiffany_AlexaP4b_072318.jpg IMG_5644.JPG

Wow! I love your rings, they look amazing! Going to stalk your SMTB thread now.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A lot of people think of Tiffany when they think of the perfect solitaire. Here is a picture of a yellow gold Tiffany solitaire ring.

the-tiffany-setting-18k-yellow-gold-2.jpg

Inert

Rough_Rock
I crudely photoshopped a couple pictures. I'm not sure it helped me much one way or the other but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the classic white setting/prongs.
Vatche 1532 Sides.jpg Vacthe 1532 tops.jpg Vatche 1532.jpg

Thank you everyone for taking the time to post pictures and provide help!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

appl3

Rough_Rock
Wow how big is this ring??
Looks huge!

I have a 18k yellow gold band with platinum prongs. I totally understand not being sure about the "two tone" look, but I feel like the prongs blend in so much with the diamond (from the top down view at least) that you don't really notice. And I think a lot of "classic" (traditional?) yellow gold settings have platinum prongs (for example my mom's original ring was like that), so the "two tone" aspect of the metals doesn't jump out at me and the ring just looks pretty normal. My diamond is I colored btw. IMG_5581.JPG IMG_5586.JPG BrianGavin_Tiffany_AlexaP4b_072318.jpg IMG_5644.JPG

aussiemel

Rough_Rock
I'm having mine re-set at the moment with a yellow gold band and platinum prongs. I would definitely go platinum prongs, I think it looks lovely and compliments the stone better.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a yellow gold setting with platinum prongs a few resets back..:lol:..and although I don’t like two tone anything..I really liked the platinum prongs because they blended in with my stone..Yellow prongs distract from the stone in my opinion and make it look smaller.. not bigger like the platinum does.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results