shape
carat
color
clarity

6 prong platinum set studs - 6.14 CTW

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Got them in the end. Bought as a present for somebody.

Custom made by Whiteflash. Diamonds and setting look very nice. Prongs look a bit bulky in the pics but are much more delicate in reality. We decided to go for 6 prong just to make the stones more secure.

Totally awesome experience - the vendor was excellent in every way. Big big thumbs up to them.

Let me know what you think !

Thank you

custom-6-prong-diamond-earrings-by-whiteflash-32904_g2.jpg

custom-6-prong-diamond-earrings-by-whiteflash-32904_f.jpg

custom-6-prong-diamond-earrings-by-whiteflash-32904_g.jpg

custom-6-prong-diamond-earrings-by-whiteflash-32904_b.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 6 prong platinum set studs

They look beautiful - tell us what size the stones are!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Re: 6 prong platinum set studs

MissGotRocks|1344104608|3245923 said:
They look beautiful - tell us what size the stones are!

Im such an idiot! Sorry. Stones are 3.06 and 3.08 cts respectively. Now added to title.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Holy smokes! Those earrings are stunning. Just absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! Those are stunning! Have any earshots, by chance?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! They are gorgeous! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drooling all over my keyboard here!!! :love:
Please post ear shots please!!!!! :appl:

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
WOW, those are beautiful! I think one would cover my entire ear lobe. You must post ear shots of those lovelies! :love: Drool...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a detail to leave out - 3+ carats each! Ha - j/k!

They look gorgeous and I'll bet they are. Will second the others - would love to see ear shots!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
No I dont have any ears-hots as they have already been gifted. Sorry !

I have more shots of the stones though which I am posting below.

d1b.jpg

d1c.jpg

d1d.jpg

d1a.jpg

twzr_gia5141459955.jpg

twzr_gia14316868.jpg

tray_3.jpg

sbs_3_2.jpg

tray_3_0.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous and HUGE!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your kind posts.

They are J stones (GIA certified) but vendors gemologist said they are very close to I colour. Either way they face up very white indeed.

Compared them to a H ring and honestly couldnt see any difference and to a D coloured oval where there was a clear difference!

Cut is supposed to be top notch on both stones (GIA 3X, Hearts & Arrows, HCA scores of 0.7 and 1.1)

SKR

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1344107227|3245952 said:
Wow - what a detail to leave out - 3+ carats each! Ha - j/k!

They look gorgeous and I'll bet they are. Will second the others - would love to see ear shots!

Yes, sorry about that!! Totally forgot. Im a man so tend to miss the details! Have posted all the specs now.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow :cheeky: can't wait for ear shots :appl: :love: :naughty:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy shiznets! PLEASE post ear shots for us! What's this a gift for? And how can I sign up to get one of those gifts ;-) JK!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gulp! :shock:

Yes, I would also like to know what one has to do to get a pair of these? :cheeky:

Edit...I was so speechless I forgot to say how incredibly beautiful they are!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
I cant post ear shots as I didn't take any. Sorry about that.

They were a gift for my mother in law who has been great to us over the years.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a wonderful gift! She must be over the moon with those! I am impressed by your thoughtfulness and generosity.

Does your wife like diamonds as well? Does she have large earrings too?

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
These are beautiful!!! I love the 6 prong, very elegant! :appl: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am showing my son-in-law this thread! :o

Those are incredible :love: and one of my first thoughts was how untinted those GIA J's look! I would not have guessed J! The settings are perfection! What an excellent choice to do 6 prongs!

I, too, wonder what size studs your wife wears! Or her e-ring or any other fabulous jewelry! We love seeing special pieces like this!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA! These studs are what my studs want to be when they grow up, lol! They're just simpley GORGEOUS and BIG, in a very very good way!!

It's too bad there're no other photos, esp ear shots. You're a very sweet man to have bought these for your MIL.

Anyway, apart from the large D coloured oval, what else does your wife have? I think you might have mentioned in the past that she also has two rings, a pair of studs and a large tennis bracelet (?). Enquiring minds want to know, he he.. :naughty:

SKR

Shiny_Rock
My wife has too much jewellery! In terms of gold and small diamond stuff she has totally too much. She would disagree - its a discussion I would never win though so I dont go there!!

In terms of larger stones/items she has a 3.6 D Oval which is pictured below in its original Halo setting taken by the vendor (this is the stone but she changed the setting - the actual setting split shank pic is also below), a 5.4 carat H Asscher, a pair of bracelets also pictured below with 0.40 carat stones all the way round (I think about 78 stones in total between the two bracelets), a second pair of bracelets with 0.20 carat stones, a necklace which starts with 0.5 carat stones behind the neck which increase gradually in size as you go down ending with a 1.5 carat centre stone (the stones are butted against each other so all you see are diamonds - cant remember how many stones in total as I havent seen the necklace in ages), 4.8 total CTW RB studs, 3.4 total CTW RB studs from Cartier, her e-ring which was also from Cartier which is a 1.5 CTW RB, a pair of trillion studs (not sure what size they are), a princess cut solitaire ring (dont know the size bought at the same time as the Oval). She also has a black diamond ring with a 1.65 CTW RB H centre which is set in a black diamond pave ring (yes weird I know).

Most of her jewellery is locked up in a bank security vault. The pictures that I have are posted below- sorry about the poor quality / lighting - I am crap with a camera.

DSC01800A.jpg

DSC01811A.jpg

Ring-C.jpg

DVS2OVAL.jpg

Ring-B.jpg

Cartier1a.jpg

Code:
photo_on_28-05-12_at_1.jpg

photo_on_28-05-12_at_1_0.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow! Amazing collection.

And what a great son in law you are! I would love to hear what your mother in law has done to deserve such a wonderful gift. She must be one special lady!

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
oh oh oh...running down the list, I would like to say "will you guys adopt me"?
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

what a collection!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. Sorry about the quality of the pics. Especially the cartier ring pic - took it a while ago and looks like the ring is very dirty and I put it in the dirtiest box available. Apologies.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
pretty much speechless... but wow - you are a very kind and wonderful man who recognizes the joy that women get from such lovely gifts... and I hope the ladies in your life appreciate your generosity!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful jewelry - thanks for sharing! It's all just spectacular!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All amazing pieces! She really hit the jewelry jackpot!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful collection.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the pics, SKR. Your wife is one lucky lucky lady. I think my fave is the oval but they're all beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results