shape
carat
color
clarity

6-Prong Flat Shank/Flat Edge Solitaire - Show Me Yours!

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
Hello PSers!

Now that I finally have my upgrade diamond purchased 1.5 carat RB. I was leaning towards a Tiffany style knife edge but I really loved the way a flat edged shank looks when I was trying on rings.

Similar to this BGD. I really love how they sit flush to a wedding band. I'm planning on having DKJ make my ring!

Does anyone here have a 6-Prong Flat Shank I can see, please post your diamond carats & band width/height.

1605114996713.png 1605115737667.png

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
does this count?

545CB0AA-93CA-486C-BCF5-0F761064FE69.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to contribute here, I'm sorry, but just wanted to say - I love a flat band. We don't see enough of them, yet they're very elegant.

Will be interested to see what you choose. Good luck!

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
I love that ring on the left? Any more photos?

Thanks! It is modelled off my original e ring which was from Tiffany. The jeweller took the measurements and replicated it

image.jpg image.jpg

Delaney

Rough_Rock
I don't have a 6 prong but I do have a platinum 4 prong with flat edge shank. It's around 1.3mm and I pair it with a 1.5mm yellow gold band and my Tiffany metro wedding band. It sits 1.5mm off my finger. I'm not sure the exact size of the diamond because it's from my great-grandmothers engagement ring from 1933 but it measures 5.6mm across. I'm a finger size 5. Hope this helps!!
IMG_3531.jpg IMG_2557.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a 6 prong but I do have a platinum 4 prong with flat edge shank. It's around 1.3mm and I pair it with a 1.5mm yellow gold band and my Tiffany metro wedding band. It sits 1.5mm off my finger. I'm not sure the exact size of the diamond because it's from my great-grandmothers engagement ring from 1933 but it measures 5.6mm across. I'm a finger size 5. Hope this helps!!

Man-oh-man, that's beautiful!

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
Thanks! It is modelled off my original e ring which was from Tiffany. The jeweller took the measurements and replicated it

image.jpg image.jpg

So pretty! I am leaning toward a similar style, I like the flat edge but I think knife will be more timeless.

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock

Beautiful, the claws on your stone are so perfect!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A flat edge is a beautiful, bold and classic look. I really like it.

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
A flat edge is a beautiful, bold and classic look. I really like it.

I know! Its hard to decide. I'm starting my CAD process with David Klass, so I will keep you updates. My diamond is suppose to arrive in 1.5 weeks, waiting patiently to inspect it with my ideal scope hoping it passes the test.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
image.jpg I love the flat edge! Don’t know why, but it feels more substantial? And my favorite style is vintage and I feel like I see more flat edge shanks (but could be I’m imagining that). Don’t have a solitaire but this is the underside on my stack. Both 2.2mm, done by DK.

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
image.jpg I love the flat edge! Don’t know why, but it feels more substantial? And my favorite style is vintage and I feel like I see more flat edge shanks (but could be I’m imagining that). Don’t have a solitaire but this is the underside on my stack. Both 2.2mm, done by DK.

Those are beautiful I really love them. I just got my CAD images from DK. I decided to go with a classic Tiffany inspired solitaire with a channel set band, all being designed by DK. I am so excited to see the finished product.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results